What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

azzah72

Bench
Another good indie movie I just finished, Palm Springs starring Andy Samberg.

I really enjoyed it.

A good comedy that also tackles some poignant themes around finding meaning in a meaningless life.

If you know nothing about it, just watch it blind, it's quite good.

Very funny in parts, touching in others, a good little movie.

PJ

First Grade
The Lighthouse. 6. I can see some people loving this, but not for me. Lots of mythology and symbolism but I found it a dull art project, but quality acting.

soc123_au

Staff member
Mad Max - Fury Road

f**k that was a good watch

Cinematography amazing
I must be the only person on earth that thought it was shit. I went and saw it the day it opened at the cinema & after about 20 minutes I just wanted it to end. Maybe I built it up too much in my head beforehand. Nothing of that ilk will top Mad Max 2

Aragorn

First Grade
I must be the only person on earth that thought it was shit. I went and saw it the day it opened at the cinema & after about 20 minutes I just wanted it to end. Maybe I built it up too much in my head beforehand. Nothing of that ilk will top Mad Max 2

What exactly did you not like about it?

Aragorn

First Grade
The Old Guard

not even Charlotte Theron in the film could do it for me

absolute garbage

storyline, acting, action sequence, all of it..

1/10

Nope I thought it was very ordinary .4/10
The original was 10 x better

Aragorn

First Grade
Nope I thought it was very ordinary .4/10
The original was 10 x better
1 & 2 was more rough and gritty

this one was mainstream tailored for the masses...

Can see how you could be disappointed if you were expecting something like 1 or 2 rather than Thunderdome ( which i hated)...

soc123_au

Staff member
1 & 2 was more rough and gritty

this one was mainstream tailored for the masses...

Can see how you could be disappointed if you were expecting something like 1 or 2 rather than Thunderdome ( which i hated)...

Thunderdome was terrible too. Should have called it a day after The Road Warrior.

Matua

Bench
I didn't like it, and at the time I was working with a couple of people who had worked with Miller on the originals and couple of people who worked on the effects for this one. So that was relatively uncomfortable.

I was flipping confused when people started raving about it.

Matua

Bench
I'm very cynical or set in my ways in regards to comedy or more specifically the stand up comedians I like above others. My favourite will always be Bill Hicks but man, Pete Davidson is very funny for someone younger than I usually listen to.

Completely agree with azzah, good watchable movie but found myself waiting for it to end. Props to Davidson for taking on the role of the son of a hero firefighter, considering his own real life father was a firefighter who was killed in the WTC on 9/11.
Didn't he write it exactly for this reason?

I'm not set in my ways about comics, one night a week I'll just chuck on a new Netflix stand up and try to just go in blind. But, I don't get Bill Hicks - not saying he's shit, he just didn't ever resonate with me.

Aragorn

First Grade
I didn't like it, and at the time I was working with a couple of people who had worked with Miller on the originals and couple of people who worked on the effects for this one. So that was relatively uncomfortable.

I was flipping confused when people started raving about it.

I gather you guys are really not into mainstream films..

Zoidberg

First Grade
Little Monsters. Aussie movie with Lupita Nyong’o and Josh Gad. About a guy who goes on a school excursion with his 5 year old nephew to a farm (due to the hot teacher), and then the zombies show up. Definitely worth a watch, got some good laughs in it.

Aragorn

First Grade
Palm Springs

Weird ground hog day movie where the day repeats itself continuously

light hearted romantic comedy I guess?..

azzah72

Bench
I just watched the peanut butter falcon.

It might be my favourite indy movie I've watched for a while.

Kind of a huck finn, Tom Sawyer type movie.

Really funny and touching.

T-Boon

Coach
I likeed Dr Sleep.
I thought the book was disappointing as the sequel to the shining so I had low expectations for the movie but it was good.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Happytime Murders. Action comedy where muppets are alive and are a normal part of our world. Not a big fan of Melissa McCarthy and she is again not good in this. I never questioned how real the puppets were and that is probably the biggest win in this movie. Only 80mins long, worth a watch, has a few laughs.

azzah72

Bench
Happytime Murders. Action comedy where muppets are alive and are a normal part of our world. Not a big fan of Melissa McCarthy and she is again not good in this. I never questioned how real the puppets were and that is probably the biggest win in this movie. Only 80mins long, worth a watch, has a few laughs.

I like dumb comedy, I am happy to put something stupid on and have a giggle but even this was too dumb and shit for me.

I plant it firmly in the movie 43 basket, unfortunately.

It had promise but it just didn't work for me.