What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

franklin2323

Immortal
As we all were, very happy with this performance.

There were suggestions else the Sea Eagles didn’t turn up.

I didn’t see any lack of effort from them we were just for too good our forwards laid the platform, and the backs did the rest.

Yep they were just blown off the park

franklin2323

Immortal
Steins now confirmed out for 4 weeks. He also mentioned he's had past problems with his hamstrings.

Although I'd love to see him back asap,his long term management of his injury should be priority.

It's best the club doesn't rush him back too quick,he has a huge future ahead of him.
Even if they kept the Ferrari on ice til we make the finals.

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/08/03/injury-update-charlie-staines/

You can usually add 1-2 weeks to hammy

The Realist

Juniors
Adam Mcdougall, Taniela tuiaki, Manu Vatuvei are just a few off the top of my head. I’m sure if we really tried there’d be plenty more. Michael Gordon used to run for a lot of metres and break a lot of tackles playing on our wing.

Gordon was a better winger than Mansour in just about every conceivable way, I remember when Mansour first played for us and he had made a few runs, I turned to my mate and said - he is just like Gordon, just slower.

The_Frog

First Grade
Adam Mcdougall, Taniela tuiaki, Manu Vatuvei are just a few off the top of my head. I’m sure if we really tried there’d be plenty more. Michael Gordon used to run for a lot of metres and break a lot of tackles playing on our wing.
These were more Eric Grothe types who mostly stuck to their wings and were hard to stop once they had a head of steam, rather than hard yards into the teeth of the defence merchants. Sauce is quite different (I have to confess I don't know much about Taniela Tuiaki though).

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Josh Mansour would have made more representative appearances but for his very serious injury issues.

I think it is to his credit he has fought his way back and while never going to quite get back to his 2016 form he has been great for us this season.

I don’t understand the disrespect for Josh and the way some suggest he should be pensioned off after this season.

His loyalty to our club should be respected, we should honour his contract even if he is not guaranteed a position in the top 17.

betcats

Referee
These were more Eric Grothe types who mostly stuck to their wings and were hard to stop once they had a head of steam, rather than hard yards into the teeth of the defence merchants. Sauce is quite different (I have to confess I don't know much about Taniela Tuiaki though).

Tuiaki was a monster of a winger who played for the west tigers, his career was ended early due to a bad injury, I loved watching him play.

Sauce was very good at his best and has bounced back from that injury run to still be playing good footy but I don’t think he brought anything new to the position.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sometimes there is more to a player than just stats.

Josh Mansour is the elder statesmen of our current side with only Tamou older in terms of age.

Mansour is loved by all and sundry in the current playing group and basically has been in his entire time with us.

You can’t put a value on what Josh brings to the team, he is so revered and respected by the playing group and coaching staff.

it hurts a little when I read on here some wanting him gone and that is so disrespectful given what he has given to our club and the sacrifices he has made in the past.

Kilkenny

Coach
You’re sticking to it... ok I’ll leave you to your delusions. Have fun.

Josh was never gifted, never quick even before his ACL.

His jaw injury was apparently as bad as any player in the game could sustain and yet he has fought his way back.

He may not have been the ground breaker for wingers in terms of bringing the ball back out of there own end but at his best, he may just have been close to the best, and despite suggestions on here he continues to be very good at getting our sets starting on the right foot when our forwards are still getting back on side.

It is a tad disappointing Josh is not given the respect he has earned in his time with our club. He deserves better and I am sure he would understand if and when the time comes he is no longer an automatic selection he will fight tooth and nail for his position and not complain if he is not an automatic selection.

Crashtest

Juniors
Assuming there's a reserve grade next year, I'd like Mansour and Whare to stay. Mentoring and playing maybe 10 games each. Both would be handy backups.They can look around for a SL deal.

Agree with you there. The coaching staff have only just rebuilt the team culture, and you can’t release all your experienced clean skin role models after only one season of it. Look what’s happened to Brisbane after releasing their experienced players to fit in all their young stars.

MugaB

Coach
Luke Rooney, Luke Lewis, Wendall Sailor, Fergo a big one

ACTPanthers

Bench
A tad condescending don’t you think? He has just been expressing his opinion? I’m not sure this is your finest moment.
He stated that Mansour invented the role of a winger taking hit-ups out of their end... That's just stupid and I'll point it out if needed. Credit to @The_Frog though, he took it less personally then you seemed to ;)

martielang

Bench
I don’t know about the chemistry/comradery point, it’s certainly something for the coaches to consider but I can’t imagine Josh spitting the dummy and causing an issue if it happened and Charlie seems like he is popular with the team. Crichton pretty much took Nadens spot at left centre and on the weekend they had their own 5 minute long handshake after Naden scored.

Naden was dropped due to his own fault though - coming back underdone - & essentially after a (second) pre-season where positions were up for grabs.

To drop Mansour at the end of the year, considering how well he's played this year + his loyalty to the club & the playing group through some tough times, would have to have a negative effect on the team. From the outside looking in, he seems to be one of the more charismatic & popular members of the club.

I honestly still don't get how quickly people are willing to throw out player as soon as another shows promise, & how little some rate Mansour. The guy is an absolute beast despite his speed limitations.

Latest posts