What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t think there is any indication we are even contemplating bringing in resources from outside, we have been giving early releases to a number or players so the powers that be must be confident we can cover unforeseen issues.

Pomoz

Bench
Well Roosters added SBW.
Storm added Letele

Both proven in finals...meanwhile Ivan felt he couldn't play Smith or Laurie against a terrible GC team
But they weren't terrible. They tried hard and backed it up with a good game against the Roosters. That said, even if they were Ivan is too conservative to play rookies unless injuries force his hand.

franklin2323

Immortal
But they weren't terrible. They tried hard and backed it up with a good game against the Roosters. That said, even if they were Ivan is too conservative to play rookies unless injuries force his hand.

I meant terrible as far as the table sits. Only one team worse so if not them then why would they be used in a finals game. We missed the boat but it just shows the different mindset. We seem happy to be just coast in whereas the proven winners are always looking to get better

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I don’t think there is any indication we are even contemplating bringing in resources from outside, we have been giving early releases to a number or players so the powers that be must be confident we can cover unforeseen issues.

Who is there to sign?
I think we are always on the lookout, but at the moment, our best options are already at the club.
I really hope we retain Jack Heatherington, I love what he’s bringing for the Warriors. I get the feeling it’s all going to come down to what Jimmy T does.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who is there to sign?
I think we are always on the lookout, but at the moment, our best options are already at the club.
I really hope we retain Jack Heatherington, I love what he’s bringing for the Warriors. I get the feeling it’s all going to come down to what Jimmy T does.

Bodene Thompson is the one I would of gone after.. too late now

franklin2323

Immortal
Blooding players. If we go your way, it will be more expensive, and the juniors will be lost.

There is no lower grades this year. So there is no lower graders to call up. We have x amount on the cap we can't spend more then that. So either way costs the same

Kilkenny

Coach
Who is there to sign?

I wouldn’t be signing anybody.

Once Jack comes back he is worthy of a spot in the 17.

I am keen to see if we can give Tamou a two year deal but if we can’t afford it we’ll Jack steps straight Into Tamou’s spot. Like for like.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn’t be signing anybody.

Once Jack comes back he is worthy of a spot in the 17.

I am keen to see if we can give Tamou a two year deal but if we can’t afford it we’ll Jack steps straight Into Tamou’s spot. Like for like.

I don't see the advantage in not spending all the cap nor filling all 29 positions when those around us are doing just that

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't see the advantage in not spending all the cap nor filling all 29 positions when those around us are doing just that

I honestly don’t care what the Roosters or Storm are doing. Seriously they have been flying under the salary cap radar for many many years unchecked. It is what it is.

The powers that be obviously believe we can cover all unforeseen circumstances and we should have faith in them to that degree.

Fans of the game aren’t stupid, I understand the Roosters shouldn’t have money to bring in money Bill or the Storm for Latele but that is just the way it is.

I am comfortable relying on those we have currently and if it goes pear shaped then we just have to suck it up.

franklin2323

Immortal
I honestly don’t care what the Roosters or Storm are doing. Seriously they have been flying under the salary cap radar for many many years unchecked. It is what it is.

The powers that be obviously believe we can cover all unforeseen circumstances and we should have faith in them to that degree.

Fans of the game aren’t stupid, I understand the Roosters shouldn’t have money to bring in money Bill or the Storm for Latele but that is just the way it is.

I am comfortable relying on those we have currently and if it goes pear shaped then we just have to suck it up.

Who did they spend the $800k they offered Mitchell on? I don't doubt they had enough for the 4 game deal they offered.

Canberra got stronger too. Knights were looking at hookers after signing one that is now injured. So it isn't just those 2 but that is 4 sides in the 8 trying to strengthen their sides

Meanwhile we sit on our hands

Panfa

Juniors
Its a no from me about resigning tamou he spends half the game off the field and the other night we had 5 front rowers and tamou was 5th best.

franklin2323

Immortal
By not signing Bodine Thompson? If we have salary cap left use it to front load Crichton or Burton, something useful. Or f**k it, they can sign me, I'd be about as much use to the side as Bodine would be. I could use the extra cash.

Well no. Given we have Laurie, McGrady x 2. Hollis, Smith and Hopgood yet to play FG in the squad and likely won't

Ellis and Jed to be replaced both were higher then those guys on the list. They should be replaced by guys with a bit of experience just incase.

Bodene was just an example. He played for NZ. With no Wolfpack he is available

Kilkenny

Coach
Who did they spend the $800k they offered Mitchell on? I don't doubt they had enough for the 4 game deal they offered.

Canberra got stronger too. Knights were looking at hookers after signing one that is now injured. So it isn't just those 2 but that is 4 sides in the 8 trying to strengthen their sides

I can’t agree.

While 90% nucleus of this current side was built by Gus Gould the current general manager has made solid decisions to add value to our roster.

I have confidence he would be pro-active if there were concerns around our depth going forward and almost certainlywould not have granted early releases to the likes of Jed if we were not in a position to cover for injuries.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can’t agree.

While 90% nucleus of this current side was built by Gus Gould the current general manager has made solid decisions to add value to our roster.

I have confidence he would be pro-active if there were concerns around our depth going forward and almost certainlywould not have granted early releases to the likes of Jed if we were not in a position to cover for injuries.

I am talking about for the rest of this season not next year and beyond. What Gus or anyone built has nothing to do with it. If we had a normal year we'd have a reserve grade to assess depth

betcats

Referee

Some of it went to JWH who they were going to lose to keep Latrell. Some of it went to Morris after Billy smith did his acl preseason.

Ill say this again, even with SBW they do t have better depth than us, especially after you consider their 3 guys out with acl injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts