What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

Any reason why you’d want the merger in the modern area
Both clubs use a gladiator mascot. Valleys are the most famous and successful club in Queensland, winning 24 premierships, whereas Titans have struggled on and off the field. One of those premierships was as Seagulls-Diehards on the Gold Coast.

I reckon the club’s profile would improve if they linked with the Diehards. Especially in Brisbane. They would go from being an irrelevant club born in 2007 to one that dates back to 1908. Having that extra 100 years of history would give them a point of difference to the Broncos and Cowboys.

Both clubs use a gladiator mascot. Valleys are the most famous and successful club in Queensland, winning 24 premierships, whereas Titans have struggled on and off the field. One of those premierships was as Seagulls-Diehards on the Gold Coast.

I reckon the club’s profile would improve if they linked with the Diehards. Especially in Brisbane. They would go from being an irrelevant club born in 2007 to one that dates back to 1908. Having that extra 100 years of history would give them a point of difference to the Broncos and Cowboys.
I think there is a lot of rose tinted glasses there. There are a lot of major issues at play here. Seagulls were the only “Qld” team that existed before being entered into the then NSWRL. Brisbane and the Cowboys (Giants too at first) had the advantage of being completely new teams with no patriotical support before their entry. People could get on board without having to say “I’m a Wynnum fan and you’re a moron for following Easts”. And as someone who follows a merged team, that shit is alive and well, even with a GF under the belt.

Valley Diehards may be a second team to a lot of people in the greater Brisbane area who remember the BRL glory days, but they are in the same boat as North Sydney, if not in a worse position, because they have no NSWRL/ARL/NRL history unlike the Bears.

I doubt the connection would work, valley’s died off and would be like merging Newtown with Newcastle
It may not work, but neither are the Titans. Valleys did make a come back a few years ago, entering the resurrected BRL and winning it in 2017. A documentary narrated by Steve Haddin was made about it. There's still passion there for the club. The reason it's running around the BRL today is because of its strong supporter base who refuse to let it die.

Here's another logo I whipped up.

Diehards 4.png

Valley Diehards may be a second team to a lot of people in the greater Brisbane area who remember the BRL glory days, but they are in the same boat as North Sydney, if not in a worse position, because they have no NSWRL/ARL/NRL history unlike the Bears.

I don't see the lack of NSWRL/ARL history as a hindrance.

The best club in the world during the 1980s was the Wynnum Manly Seagulls of the BRL. Their side was littered with 4 Australian Kangaroos and would have smashed any NSWRL club that played against them. Even the NSW Blues State of Origin coach said they would have defeated the NSWRL Premiers.

The BRL produced the best talent during the late 70s and 80s. Queensland's dominance of Origin during the 80s was based around fielding an Origin team that selected most of its players from the BRL. The few players from the NSWRL who were selected in the Queensland side during the first half of the 80s learnt their trade in the BRL. I'm convinced the only reason Quayle and Arthurson wanted the Donkeys in the NSWRL in 1988 was because they were humiliated by Combined Brisbane beating all of their teams a few years earlier, and never wanted it to happen again. A truly amazing feat considering those players didn't have the luxury of training with one another all off-season and weren't paid as much. I rate it as the greatest achievement in the history of Queensland RL. Quayle and Arthurson are idiots and did just as much to harm rugby league as Murdoch and Ribot.

mistertaylor

Juniors
It would be the first professional club logo in Australia to feature nipples, as far as I'm aware. Even the Hunter Mariner had some degree of modesty.

Gold Coast Nipples has a nice ring to it. They could have any number of Surfers Paradise strip clubs as sponsors. Or even Hooters restaurants (I think there's one on the Coast). Club colours would have to change to pink and tan though...

Nqcowboy

Juniors
It may not work, but neither are the Titans. Valleys did make a come back a few years ago, entering the resurrected BRL and winning it in 2017. A documentary narrated by Steve Haddin was made about it. There's still passion there for the club. The reason it's running around the BRL today is because of its strong supporter base who refuse to let it die.

Here's another logo I whipped up.

View attachment 40507
Also the nipples seem a little low, like the dude is suffering from gynaceomastia

Gold Coast Nipples has a nice ring to it. They could have any number of Surfers Paradise strip clubs as sponsors. Or even Hooters restaurants (I think there's one on the Coast). Club colours would have to change to pink and tan though...
It burnt down years ago. Amazingly, it did just enough structural damage to get an insurance payout. Or so the rumour up here goes...

MugaB

Coach
They can continue the with current nickname of "the Tits" as well
Seriously if you're starting up a new club or a merger like that, you shouldn't be picking a logo that is obviously not gender specific, the helmet is enough, but specifically showing that its a man wearing the helmet....
I'd be going with animals but thats just my preference

Seriously if you're starting up a new club or a merger like that, you shouldn't be picking a logo that is obviously not gender specific, the helmet is enough, but specifically showing that its a man wearing the helmet....
I'd be going with animals but thats just my preference
Women love manly men with big muscles. Put a heap of big six foot tall men with ripped abs, dressed up like gladiators and bare chested around the field and the women will flock to the games with their kids to see the mascots in the flesh, while their kids watch the game.

Diehards 10.png

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Women love manly men with big muscles. Put a heap of big six foot tall men with ripped abs, dressed up like gladiators and bare chested around the field and the women will flock to the games with their kids to see the mascots in the flesh, while their kids watch the game.

View attachment 40530
Like it or not any new logo will fit in with current trends, simplicity being the main one, they need to be recognisable as a small thumbnail, and in monotone applications, neither of which your designs are

Like it or not any new logo will fit in with current trends, simplicity being the main one, they need to be recognisable as a small thumbnail, and in monotone applications, neither of which your designs are
I had a look at the last one on a tiny iPhone 5s and SE. It was even easier to recognise in monochrome and was fine as a thumbnail.

One logo I have trouble recognising in thumbnail is the Melbourne Storm.

greenBV4

Bench
I had a look at the last one on a tiny iPhone 5s and SE. It was even easier to recognise in monochrome and was fine as a thumbnail.

One logo I have trouble recognising in thumbnail is the Melbourne Storm.
As I said, like it or not, this is the NRLs and the clubs current approach to branding, and the new "modern" style of logo is currently being brought in with the knights (redesign), raiders (tweaks), panthers (tweaks, wordmark removal) and storm (redesign) simplifying their logos to varying degrees, dragons have also been using that new dragon-only logo more frequenty, and roosters have the old standing rooster logo, souths its already super simple and arguably the most recognisable in the league (you never see it with the oval anymore).

The firehawks logo fits in with the new "modern" style, the pirates doesn't (but I would put money on a redesign if they ever became more of a real chance). The pirates, your logo there, and the current titans logo all belong in the 00's

113811439_10157995330903074_5161539918012986988_o.jpg 112527247_10157997820493074_8071380866928132281_o.jpg 116737533_10157998040613074_377772263130889762_o.jpg 116597989_10158000279948074_692824129842584950_o.jpg 110956973_10158000509108074_3559097029121332162_o.jpg 114119492_10158000708148074_3329106050162224415_o.jpg 116334770_10158003004978074_8117290175439942095_o.jpg 116830814_10158003236573074_3683972919339163589_o.jpg

you can tell from those icons that the more simple logo's definately translate a lot better than the others