What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2020

TomRedVRiver

Bench
We're well over halfway into the comp now. Just interested to see people's NSW (assuming most people support NSW) Origin sides.

Based on current form and past Origin performances, i'd be going:

1. Teddy
2. JAC
3. Wighton
4. Turbo
5. Ferguson

6. Keary
7. Cleary

8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Murray
15. Matterson
16. Vaughan/Paulo
17. Crichton

18. Gutherson
19. McInnes

Honourable mentions: FInucane, Saifiti, Cotric, Nofoaluma and Graham.

SBD82

Coach
We're well over halfway into the comp now. Just interested to see people's NSW (assuming most people support NSW) Origin sides.

Based on current form and past Origin performances, i'd be going:

1. Teddy
2. JAC
3. Wighton
4. Turbo
5. Ferguson

6. Keary
7. Cleary

8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Jurbo

14. Murray
15. Matterson
16. Vaughan/Paulo
17. Crichton

18. Gutherson
19. McInnes

Honourable mentions: FInucane, Saifiti, Cotric, Nofoaluma and Graham.
I think you’re pretty close to the team that will be picked (injury permitting).

I like your inclusion of Paulo. He’s been huge for Parra. And with the minutes that Haas can play in the middle it’d allow them to play Paulo in shortened stints for the quicker game.

Murray would be very hard to leave out, and I think there is an argument for playing McInnes on the bench. He has shown that he can play high tempo in the middle, and he covers for an injury at hooker or worst case in the halves.since Murray can play middle, edge or centre, I’d be inclined to have a bench like this:

14. McInnes
15. Murray
16. Vaughan
17. Paulo

Otherwise Wade Graham could be an option in place of McInnes, although his form has been pretty ordinary, and it causes issues if Cook is injured.

gitano

Juniors
I can't see many Dragons picked, if at all. It'd be around two months since their last NRL game.

I think Frizz will be very lucky to keep his spot, given the amount of more skilled options there. Aitken is a massive shout, hammy dependent. For mine Wighton plays 14 and Euie slides in on that left edge.

I can't see many changes, Keary pressing and Api is a smokey for mine.

redv13

Bench
I can't see many Dragons picked, if at all. It'd be around two months since their last NRL game.

I think Frizz will be very lucky to keep his spot, given the amount of more skilled options there. Aitken is a massive shout, hammy dependent. For mine Wighton plays 14 and Euie slides in on that left edge.

:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

TomRedVRiver

Bench

Sometimes I feel like you sit at your computer with a shit eating grin on your face when you put up these posts.

Most times actually.

possm

Coach

What a buy Keary and Flanagan have turned out to be for the Roosters. And Api would have to be the best buy of the season.

I don't see any of the Dragons making SOO run-on side, including Vaughan and Frizell

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Friz has been passable at club level, but the bloke absolutely thrives in the Origin arena.

He reminds me of Ian Poulter. Decent golfer on tour, absolute GOD in the Ryder Cup.

Old Timer

Coach
Who really gives a shit about SOO anyway?

Fittler is a cumbdunt and Walters is a 2 head inbred from Qld.

They will pick their favourites and buddies in their teams and players who have compelling form, runs on the board and deserve their chance will miss out a bit like team list Tuesday at our place.

SOO will have all the wanker commentating Slater, Smith, Gal and with all their carry on and criticisms etc and it will be enough to make you puke.

In fact I hope they don't play it at all and then see how many players complain about how they missed out on their extra rep $$$$ whilst ordinary folk are doing it tough.

gitano

Juniors
Friz has been passable at club level, but the bloke absolutely thrives in the Origin arena.

He reminds me of Ian Poulter. Decent golfer on tour, absolute GOD in the Ryder Cup.
I'd say he's more a Jordan Speith. Had a good year and has been pretty consistent. Trouble is, the game is passing him by.

Crush

Coach
Who really gives a shit about SOO anyway?

Fittler is a cumbdunt and Walters is a 2 head inbred from Qld.

They will pick their favourites and buddies in their teams and players who have compelling form, runs on the board and deserve their chance will miss out a bit like team list Tuesday at our place.

SOO will have all the wanker commentating Slater, Smith, Gal and with all their carry on and criticisms etc and it will be enough to make you puke.

In fact I hope they don't play it at all and then see how many players complain about how they missed out on their extra rep $$$$ whilst ordinary folk are doing it tough.
Your constant negativity usually frustrates me but in this case I am with you OT!
Cannot stand Origin.
Cannot stand Channel 9 commentary.
I won't watch it.

Old Timer

Coach
Your constant negativity usually frustrates me but in this case I am with you OT!
Cannot stand Origin.
Cannot stand Channel 9 commentary.
I won't watch it.[/QUOTE
All the success I have seen from our club has created a heavy burden of expectation such is the legacy of old age.

I hope that once this nightmare is over that the younger fans never have to endure such a blight as we have endured these past 7 years.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Hahahahahahahahahaha I need some of your drugs mate.

gitano

Juniors
What a grouchy mob you all are.

Love Origin. It’s great footy.

Origin is a chaotic mess. There's no structure to it whatsoever.

NRL is the polar opposite. Way too pre programmed and boring.

Rugby League at its best is somewhere in the middle, which we never see.

Mjab

Juniors
Im worried SOO will destroy our season like it normally does :)

Maybe Frizzell will get picked as he plays better in SOO with a different game plan but there are a lot of more skilled out there
Vaughn doesnt derserve a run TBH , hes been very average this year
I had heard he wants to leave
there was a rumour on the Knights forum site that the cafe visit was to discuss a contract but who knows could be shit

Hunt also doesnt deserve a slot

In fact no one at Saints and I hope Freddy doesnt give Mary a job

Latest posts