What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Some of it went to JWH who they were going to lose to keep Latrell. Some of it went to Morris after Billy smith did his acl preseason.

Ill say this again, even with SBW they do t have better depth than us, especially after you consider their 3 guys out with acl injuries.

That is debatable. That is with Panther googles on our depth is unproven so it is hard to say that

soc123_au

Staff member
That is debatable. That is with Panther googles on our depth is unproven so it is hard to say that
Our depth is partly proven by the fact anyone that comes in looks like they belong in the side. I'd rather see another kid blooded than bringing in a plodder from the ESL. I just see it as flushing money down the toilet.

Most years I start to get a bit excited toward the end of the year in anticipation that we might sign someone good. This year I cant imagine I'll give a f**k. We really dont need anything we dont already have.

betcats

Referee

Most of their depth is unproven young players also, same for the storm, have you even looked at the squads? They don’t have nrl veterans providing depth at every position waiting to jump in case of injuries, they have young guys and some veteran outside backs line brenko lee or Ryan hall. The roosters just debuted another prop, there are no veteran forwards there outside their top 17.

ACTPanthers

Bench
SBW is hardly proven depth when you think about it - He's not played for a while, and even his limited time playing with Toronto he looked very ordinary.

It's hardly Panthers goggles to say we have great depth. We just do.

franklin2323

Immortal
Most of their depth is unproven young players also, same for the storm, have you even looked at the squads? They don’t have nrl veterans providing depth at every position waiting to jump in case of injuries, they have young guys and some veteran outside backs line brenko lee or Ryan hall. The roosters just debuted another prop, there are no veteran forwards there outside their top 17.

Debut being the key. We debuted only Staines this year.

franklin2323

Immortal
SBW is hardly proven depth when you think about it - He's not played for a while, and even his limited time playing with Toronto he looked very ordinary.

It's hardly Panthers goggles to say we have great depth. We just do.

People on here want to get rid of Mansour, Whare.

Everyone besides Martie doesn't rate Aekins or MWZ.

Not to mention we have 3 players less in our squad then others

ACTPanthers

Bench

They're all really good words mate, collectively mean nothing though...

Get rid of Mansour and Whare to replace them with a younger, better player? That's depth.

Nobody rates Aekins or MWZ but happy for them to come in and replace the incumbents when injured or suspended? That's depth.

We have good depth... End of. There is no argument to say otherwise that has any substance. Every player that has been asked to come in, has done so with ease. We are blessed with young guys who have a plethora of talent.

franklin2323

Immortal
Breakdown of players with FG experience in squads

Parra 27 players
Storm 26 players
Roosters 26 players
Us 24 players

Then not to mention how young the squad is. I guess we see how it plays out

franklin2323

Immortal
They're all really good words mate, collectively mean nothing though...

Get rid of Mansour and Whare to replace them with a younger, better player? That's depth.

Nobody rates Aekins or MWZ but happy for them to come in and replace the incumbents when injured or suspended? That's depth.

We have good depth... End of. There is no argument to say otherwise that has any substance. Every player that has been asked to come in, has done so with ease. We are blessed with young guys who have a plethora of talent.

There is plenty of arguments otherwise. Just because guys like Laurie carved up in lower grades last year doesn't mean they are ready should they get a call up late in the year.

If Aekins goes down this week who is next up?

betcats

Referee

Some of us want Naden over Whare and Staines over Mansour which would leave sauce and Whare as great depth for this year. Mwz played well enough in his one game to be considered a decent option if we need him. Aekins does his job, he just lacks any attacking spark, we have young Laurie or possibly Burton we could’ve tried there v a light weight team in the Titans. Aekins still provides some depth. Even with injuries we still left out Mwz, Kenny and Burns on the weekend and we have Whare, To’o and Capewell due back in the next few weeks. Unless we get a horrible injury run before the finals we will be leaving better players out of our 17 then the roosters or the storm.

ACTPanthers

Bench
There is plenty of arguments otherwise. Just because guys like Laurie carved up in lower grades last year doesn't mean they are ready should they get a call up late in the year.

If Aekins goes down this week who is next up?
Ok mate - I can see this going around in circles and I just don't have the time today.

You don't think we have good depth. That's fine. Wrong, but fine.

MugaB

Coach

I rate Aekins, i even like MWZ, i just think they rank a little lower than Edwards and To'o, and Staines can play fullback, just hasn't yet for 1st grade
Whare for me is no.1 centre =if fit, but naden has a lot to offer, aswell as Crichton.
We have junior depth, just dont want to lose games from under utilizing them and have Mansour throw dumbass unnecessary passes in our end zone. Otherwise any of these young guys qualifies ahead of him, just in speed

MugaB

Coach
I saw foxsports put out a story of cronulla looking at James Tamou as a potential replacement for Andrew Fafita.
Also Blake Green has been moved on from the Warriors, which means Warriors are in need of a Loan Half=
Matty Burton should be looking for a month of Gametime if Ivan is seriously going to keep him at Penrith for the foreseeable future, he should be loaning him to the warriors ala Jack Hetherington, we have Tyrone May to cover a half injury till burton returns from a stint

Jane Murray

Bench
I saw foxsports put out a story of cronulla looking at James Tamou as a potential replacement for Andrew Fafita.
Also Blake Green has been moved on from the Warriors, which means Warriors are in need of a Loan Half=
Matty Burton should be looking for a month of Gametime if Ivan is seriously going to keep him at Penrith for the foreseeable future, he should be loaning him to the warriors ala Jack Hetherington, we have Tyrone May to cover a half injury till burton returns from a stint
Oh I thought Green was leaving at the end of the season?

soc123_au

Staff member

I'd only loan Burton once he is signed up for a few more years. If he goes on loan & kills it his price tag will rise.

franklin2323

Immortal
I rate Aekins, i even like MWZ, i just think they rank a little lower than Edwards and To'o, and Staines can play fullback, just hasn't yet for 1st grade
Whare for me is no.1 centre =if fit, but naden has a lot to offer, aswell as Crichton.
We have junior depth, just dont want to lose games from under utilizing them and have Mansour throw dumbass unnecessary passes in our end zone. Otherwise any of these young guys qualifies ahead of him, just in speed

I rate our juniors highly IF they have had a season of 2nd tier footy. Guys like McGrady have played 3 games in 2 years and not in 14 months. That is an issue when you look at possibly resting guys as the year goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.