What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant gun Jason Saab to ditch Mary’s Dragons as rivals circle

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The Board should move on the sacking of Mary and install Sheppard as interim coach. All eyes will then trun to Millward's performance as he will not be able to blame Mary anymore.

It is a real MESS!
I’d like to see Millward as interim coach he’d do a brilliant job. He handed James Graham his debut. Could be a long term option.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
As if Mary would have picked Saab ahead of Rava? Rava makes errors and gets picked every week, others make one or 2 and are dropped. With the new rules I think you need speed more than size now so Saab will have that on Rava? I also think JP brings the ball back faster and harder than Rav so deserves his spot. JP and Saab should be the wingers. Don't you get nervous when the ball is kicked high to Rava? I get nervous when the pass it to him sometimes. And that bombed try against the Warriors? Mate the guy is Mary pet like McCrone was. He must like boys from Canberra.
Can’t blame him, bloody good blokes from Canberra.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Just looked into this kids management team and I smell a fish. A rotten one at that. He is the same manager of Moses Suli and I find it strange that this has come about the day after Suli deal fell through. Call me a conspiracy theorist but something doesn’t sound right. Especially when I read somewhere dragons pulled out. Plus I am sure this is the maggot that screws us over with that fullback we signed from tigers that refused to turn up.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Jason Saab as reported by Fox knocked back a second time for his release.

One of the the Journos on Fox reported Melbourne, Canberra, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles(?) have made inquries.

My old man always said that you have one life - live it ..... Dragons should let the young bloke go and live his life.

possm

Coach
Jason Saab as reported by Fox knocked back a second time for his release.

One of the the Journos on Fox reported Melbourne, Canberra, Sharks, Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles(?) have made inquries.

My old man always said that you have one life - live it ..... Dragons should let the young bloke go and live his life.
I was under the impression that no club could negotiate with Saab until 1 Nov 2020 as he is contracted until the end of 2022.

BLM01

First Grade
Just looked into this kids management team and I smell a fish. A rotten one at that. He is the same manager of Moses Suli and I find it strange that this has come about the day after Suli deal fell through. Call me a conspiracy theorist but something doesn’t sound right. Especially when I read somewhere dragons pulled out. Plus I am sure this is the maggot that screws us over with that fullback we signed from tigers that refused to turn up.
Because it was a 3 part deal proposed by the manager
Suli to Dragons, Saab to Tigers..Corey Thompson to us as well
Dragons went cold on CT so Yes an aggrieved manager

SaintPauli

Juniors
I’d like to see Millward as interim coach he’d do a brilliant job. He handed James Graham his debut. Could be a long term option.
Sack Mary and Millward would complete the year on current income with a PERFORMANCE CLAUSE.
He may suit the team as according to some media circles Mary tries TOO HARD which apparently has impacted the team.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Sack Mary and Millward would complete the year on current income with a PERFORMANCE CLAUSE.
He may suit the team as according to some media circles Mary tries TOO HARD which apparently has impacted the team.
It's just laughable with all the excuses getting tossed up.
He tries too hard which then has a negative effect on the team.
Don't worry about the fact he can't coach and has no idea what he's doing.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Yep, thats the issue.

His manager may be playing us, because we are such a rabble, but who knows what Mary has said to Saab.

Wasn't that long ago our coach declared Dufty as "Our 1 ", then when Lomax started thinking about his future, it was " Lomax will get first crack at 1 "... He cant keep the faith of the players. Simple.

Saab may be greedy but which current NRL player isnt. Our players get no stability as I said before.

Mary's desperation is reflected in the team he selects, usually at the cost of promising young players.

True agree 100% remember the beginning of last year Gareth was the future number one.
Now it's Norman.
Next week it will be your guess is as good as mine

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons set to grant release to teen sensation

NRL up-and-comer Jason Saab is set to be granted a release from his contract at the Dragons, freeing him up to join a new club in 2021.

The 19-year-old has been at loggerheads with the club who have reportedly denied him a release despite repeated requests to leave the Red V on multiple occasions.

The teen talent reportedly has no problem with the club, coach Paul McGregor or his salary but simply wants to play for a Sydney-based team that will spare him a daily 3½-hour round-trip to Wollongong.

The nearly two-metre tall athletic specimen won't have a hard time garnering interest on the NRL market, an according to Nine's chief rugby league reporter Danny Weidler that could come as soon as Tuesday morning.

BB151onl.img
:copyright: Getty Jason Saab 2019

"I've learned over the past few days that Jason Saab is most likely going to get a release from the Dragons for next year," Weidler told Nine's 100% Footy.

"There is a meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) between his manager and Ian Millward, and that's likely to see Saab allowed to go and look at one of six clubs."

While no formal offer has been made toward the teen, who is technically still on contract until the end of 2022, it is believed his management has fielded inquiry from rival clubs aware of his desire to leave the Illawarra district.

Canterbury, Manly and South Sydney are monitoring the situation, but Wests Tigers are believed to be in the driver's seat to bag the teen.

BB17vGq2.img
:copyright: Getty Brett Morris of the Roosters contests the ball with Jason Saab. (Getty)

Dragons coach McGregor had previously said he said he was surprised that Saab wanted out of the club despite being signed until 2022.

"He has a great future in the game and we want it to be at this club," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/mor...ease-to-teen-sensation/ar-BB17vyJm?li=AAHAbBJ

P.S Thankyou @Banjo2014

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Saab lives out west doesn’t he? Like Penrith-ish?

And they’re talking about Manly as a possible club?

C’mon.. If travel really is the reason for leaving, he’s about to add an extra 30 mins at least to his daily commute..

possm

Coach
It seems to me that player contracts need to be changed and then vigorously enforced.
1. That a player and/or player-manager cannot other clubs for the purpose of canvssing a contract prior to 1 November in the year prior to that player contract is due to expire.
2. A Club or player must pay the value of remaining time left on a contract if they move to another club or fail to play for their current club prior to the completion of a contract.

Why is it that the club allows players to depart mid-contract without demanding compensation when at the same time, agrees to pay a club compensation if a player comes to our club mid-contract?

I say drop players who are not performing well in first-grade and if their manager wants them to leave, have the manager arrange full playment of the remainder of the contract. This policy should go for all NRL clubs.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
His manager is trying to screw is over for pulling our if Suli deal. Been in his ear since that day.
He is a putrid human that Tartak

merahputih

Juniors
Saab lives out west doesn’t he? Like Penrith-ish?

And they’re talking about Manly as a possible club?

C’mon.. If travel really is the reason for leaving, he’s about to add an extra 30 mins at least to his daily commute..
Any commute would be like a slow boat to China if your playing future was in the hands of The Maestro.

possm

Coach
Departing players could at least publicly say that they are moving on because of the coach. Aitken could say he wants to stay because of the coach!

This Year?

Immortal
If he wants to go let him go. He can come in off his wing and be flipperhands at another club.
I'm sure the kid has potential, but hasn't shown enough here. Maybe under a better coach and a better environment he'll shine.