What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Nice post BR.

- Aitken, i believe was shopped at the beginning of this year, no takers. Lately, the Warriors look like a possible destination for him.

- Korbin and Tariq. Well Tariq is playing like a busted wheel atm, and Korbin has too many injuries. If they were to leave, where to? Maybe Tariq would get a gig with the Titans or maybe Dogs, but thats about it. Korbin ESL.

- Sailor was rumoured a while ago he wanted out as well, I think the Broncos will pick him up and play him in the halves.

- Saab, spot on

- Norman, good let it be so.

- as far as the other 2, I don't think McInnes is looking to get out, but the Vaughan one has been around for a while. Can't blame him, after making the Aust team last year he will be lucky to play SOO this year.

I also think there's more unrest than whats being reported, particularly now that JG has left, as I see it, he was the binding factor that held things together, now he's gone its starting to unravel.

Why is there unrest? And why do players want out?

All roads lead back to 2 points. Our supercoach and our Boards inability to act on what is right for our Club.

Which means that if SGI is to change, it must be via revolution not evolution- this Board will continue to make poor decisions while we have a Chairman who is the exact opposite of a Nick Polites- ie someone who is passionate, lives and breathes the game and gets controversial deals done (eg Sonny Bill).

Dragon David

First Grade
There are just too many dramas going on with this club and it has been ongoing for far too long. I think Flanagan would also be feeling the pressure like so many of the players and would be wondering if it is worth being a part of this coaching staff.

If we are to be a force in the NRL in the next year and beyond, management needs to get a good grip on everything now, not next year or the next, it's got to happen now. Even though we are known as the "Saints", no miracle will occur as there is no supernatural divine messenger from above to wave a wand to correct things. It needs the board and CEO to work hard on getting things right for the club.

To me, several personnel need a swift kick up the arse to put them into gear.

We are just going around in circles going over the same things daily. One day hopefully we can talk more on positive things about the club

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints need Gould to do another review asap? If Gould isn't available get John McGregor (if that is what Mary's dad's name is). Joke of a club. They should truly be embarrassed with how the club looks compared to others that are sacking their coach after a couple of bad years and not waiting for 6 or 7 bad years for the rot to grow way out of proportion like Saints do.

Mary seems to be showing signs of discomfort especially with this new selection committee. Maybe that is the plan, make the place unbearable for him and take as much off him so he can resign and they don't pay a cent.

RedVDave

First Grade
I’ve heard a few rumours over the last couple of days - interesting to hear ur opinions/belief if these rumours are true

- Euan Aitken will not be re-signed in 2021
- Both Korbin and Tariq Sims are pushing to leave the club at the end of the year
- Tristan Sailor has told club officials he has no desire to stay at the club in 2021 despite them offering him a 2 yr deal
- Jason Saab will be leaving the club to join the Wests Tigers
- Corey Norman looks like he may be dropped not only for this week but potentially for the remainder of the year
- BIG RUMOURS - ( Don’t know if completely true )
- Cam McInnes and Paul Vaughan potentially looking at leaving sooner rather than later

The club is in a shambles

Looks like you are on the money so far.

A complete guess but Norman has probably been dropped to put McInnes back at hooker and by elevating Sailor to the bench he gets more game time, in a desperate (but possibly to little to late) bid to keep both players and staying with the club.

McInnes is a must they absolutely have to pull out the kitchen sink to keep McInnes at the club he is the heart and soul if he goes we will not only be deep in sh!t but we will be buried in it.

Last edited:
I call bullshit. McInnes isn’t going anywhere

Could well be. But I was updating him on Saab and he’d heard that Souths were after Cam. Then we agreed about how good Cam was. He pointed out that Hunt was the second highest player in the nrl, to dce. Then we agreed Dce was many levels higher.

He’s not a Corey Norman man

I should have gone back to the cam submission for more info. I will try tomorrow.

BIG RIG

Juniors
Huge Reports on NRL 360 that Corey Norman will join Warrington Wolves in 2021 and Gareth Widdop will return to the Red V in 2021 cause he wants to come back to Australia

George Dragon

Juniors
Plans are in place for former skipper Gareth Widdop to make a shock St George Illawarra homecoming just 12 months after leaving the club in a mooted player swap with out of favour five-eighth Corey Norman.

Widdop has reached out to Dragons officials in recent weeks flagging the potential of returning to the club next season because of personal reasons just one year into a four year deal at Warrington.

That has paved the way for the Dragons to off-load Norman in a direct player swap with the English club coached by ex-St George Illawarra mentor Steve Price.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f5d6e2bfd2cafe6fb412eb37de867857

redVinme

Bench
Anyone who doesn't want this has rocks in their head.

Widdop with clune as the general would be stunning. Widdop has never been a controlling half and he was caught in limbo here.

Widdop playing on the front foot in the sped up game would be brilliant. He is a great opportunistic player.

Yes he used to crab across field but maybe think about why. Looking for someone to actually run on to the ball.

Huge yes from me.

Crush

Coach
Anyone who doesn't want this has rocks in their head.

Widdop with clune as the general would be stunning. Widdop has never been a controlling half and he was caught in limbo here.

Widdop playing on the front foot in the sped up game would be brilliant. He is a great opportunistic player.

Yes he used to crab across field but maybe think about why. Looking for someone to actually run on to the ball.

Huge yes from me.
Bro......
Cmon......
Widdop would be a gigantic mistake.

Latest posts