What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

Suitman

Post Whore
Hanky Head has been banging on again about how good ANZ is because the AFL might play their grand final there, and it will probably host the Woman's Football World Cup Final. He's also arguing again that it's only 20 years old.

A few points.

1. The reason it will host the final of the WWC in 2023 is because it's the largest stadium in the country that is FIFA compliant, and only then, just, when they bend the rules a bit. So in effect, it's not fit for purpose.

2. Age of the stadium has nothing to do with the reason behind what was to be the rebuild. It is a shit ground for every rectangular sport. The AFL has the SCG and Spotless, which is more than adequate for their needs in this city, in which rectangular sports dominate. So, once again, the stadium is not fit for purpose for the majority sports in this city.

He's just trolling now for the hits to the SMH website, therefore, I will not post the link.
A broken record he is.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Gallen (deserves an Order of Australia) served it up to Hanky Head on ch9 today."Instead of bagging rugby league Fitzy, how about you try to fix rugby union's problems."
Plus a couple of other return shots to his Hankiness.
I saw that, he was really squirming when the host was laughing about vlandys snipe at the afl. Saying he could do no wrong.

Silent Knight

First Grade

Hankyhead, just like his rich private school mates, isn't concerned about being balanced and fair. He likes to virtue signal and drink his Chardonnay while he looks down his nose at that working class game that had the effrontery to rebel, rugby league.

Just like how John Murray in that article decided to go after the person who took the photographs. How dare you expect us to follow the same rules that were meant for the lowly plebeians in society! Who do you think we are? Rugby league supporters? Pffftt. Do not challenge your betters!

taipan

Referee
Still waiting for his outrage and condemnation on the Eastern Suburbs RU mob gathering ,from BandanaBoy.

Or is his vocal and typing gun only aimed in one direction, that involves X111 players and fans?

I have one word to describe his hypocrisy and non action: pusillanimous.

Diesel

Coach
Still waiting for his outrage and condemnation on the Eastern Suburbs RU mob gathering ,from BandanaBoy.

Or is his vocal and typing gun only aimed in one direction, that involves X111 players and fans?

I have one word to describe his hypocrisy and non action: pusillanimous.
This!

Perth Red

Post Whore
He found it very hard to criticise RA for their stupidity in throwing money they dont have at a 16 year old despite the fact you know he wanted to lol

Todd Hoffman

Juniors
This would have to be Fitzy's worse time of his life.

League is better than Union.
Australia is not a republic.
The Libs are in power.
Trump is in the whitehouse. And he is mates with Greg Norman.
People keep calling out his bias and ignorance. Some even in the media.
Tiddlywinks is more exciting than Union.
There is a shortage of red hankies.
And league is still better than Union.

KennySterling

Juniors
This would have to be Fitzy's worse time of his life.

Australia is not a republic.
The Libs are in power.
Trump is in the whitehouse. And he is mates with Greg Norman.
People keep calling out his bias and ignorance. Some even in the media.
Tiddlywinks is more exciting than Union.
There is a shortage of red hankies.
And league is still better than Union.

When was League NOT better than Union ? Ours really is the greatest game and they know it.

Even the most shit League game is better than anything they can produce zzzzzzz.

Willie Ray

Bench
Well Izzy didn't take a knee....
This whinger will be beside himself with
outrageous indignation...
Here's hoping his head actually explodes on live TV.

Biggest knob in Aussie sport which is quite a feat
when you consider fumbleball exists.

magpie_man

Juniors
When was League NOT better than Union ? Ours really is the greatest game and they know it.

Even the most shit League game is better than anything they can produce zzzzzzz.

RU had it's renaissance in the late '90s & early '00s with a white-hot Wallabies side playing some of the most entertaining Rugby of either code ever, not to mention the All Blacks.
The downwards slide began, ironically, when Johnny Wilkinson and his England side bored everyone to death at the supposed "war-chest" filling 2003 WC.
I could write an entire PhD thesis on the many fundamental flaws of RU, not only on the playing field, but also as an institution; but I won't bore you.
Suffice to say though: RU was an entertaining enough spectacle for a brief period once upon a time.

King hit

Coach
RU had it's renaissance in the late '90s & early '00s with a white-hot Wallabies side playing some of the most entertaining Rugby of either code ever, not to mention the All Blacks.
The downwards slide began, ironically, when Johnny Wilkinson and his England side bored everyone to death at the supposed "war-chest" filling 2003 WC.
I could write an entire PhD thesis on the many fundamental flaws of RU, not only on the playing field, but also as an institution; but I won't bore you.
Suffice to say though: RU was an entertaining enough spectacle for a brief period once upon a time.
In the knockout stages of that World Cup England only scored 2 tries across 260 minutes. I remember the semi final where Johnny just kicked drop goals and penalties all game. They win 24-7 without scoring a try or even looking like it doing it.

taipan

Referee
I note under a headline in the SMH website"Why Suaalii should play Rugby rather than League".
Didn't click on it, but I'll bet my left one, it's a slurp piece of union journalism by the Hanky Headed Bandido Fitztwat.
I can visualise it now:-
1) Olympic 7s 2021 over in a flash and few remember who won it anyway.
2) Commonwealth Games, yet Fitzy hates any association with the Pommy monarchy
3)Become a Wallaby and get beaut scarfs ,and caps and steer clear of Campbelltown or Newtown.Get to meet Bill Pulver and lots of Wolvo drivers .Oh and get thrashed monotonously by the All Blacks.And get taught how to tackle with David Campese.
4) Visit magical places where Columbus and Cook never visited, even better than Disneyland a place Fitzhead visited ,when he was decked by the French ru player.
5)Play in a real World cup(when it fact two of the world's biggest population tallying 2.7bn) don't participate.
6) And all those business contacts and friends made during the years.No friendships or business contacts made when you play NRL.
Those Rugby league players should all be thrown into the chain gangs, and build under harbour tunnels, and prospect for gold in Ballarat, they offer nothing.
Oh 'Gotta love this city."

Silent Knight

First Grade
I note under a headline in the SMH website"Why Suaalii should play Rugby rather than League".
Didn't click on it, but I'll bet my left one, it's a slurp piece of union journalism by the Hanky Headed Bandido Fitztwat.
3)Become a Wallaby and get beaut scarfs ,and caps and steer clear of Campbelltown or Newtown.Get to meet Bill Pulver and lots of Wolvo drivers .Oh and get thrashed monotonously by the All Blacks.And get taught how to tackle with David Campese.
4) Visit magical places where Columbus and Cook never visited, even better than Disneyland a place Fitzhead visited ,when he was decked by the French ru player.
5)Play in a real World cup(when it fact two of the world's biggest population tallying 2.7bn) don't participate.
6) And all those business contacts and friends made during the years.No friendships or business contacts made when you play NRL.
Those Rugby league players should all be thrown into the chain gangs, and build under harbour tunnels, and prospect for gold in Ballarat, they offer nothing.

Yep it's Hankyhead alright. I didn't click on the link but I didn't need to.
hankyhead.jpg

The dish rag flog is really up to his neck in his own hubris. Play that sh*t game and fade into obscurity Joseph.

Incorrect

Coach
I read it, and you're more or less on the money. Usual stuff. Highlighted the chance to play in the Olympics, said that rugby would provide the opportunity to make his" brand" global, because interest in rugby is escalating rapidly in Asia and the US (FMD! All the yanks just love Kurtley Beale right?!).

Biggest piece of wankery in the article was that he said rugby was not as brutal on the body and he actually cited Brett Papworth's league career to illustrate how he only managed around 10 games in 3 seasons or whatever it was... He acknowledged Ricky Stuart had no such injury issues. So then what was the point of bringing it up all?

Fart sniffer of the highest order.... amiright @hineyrulz ??

Last edited:

Latest posts