What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Knights @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 13
Newcastle Knights v Wests Tigers
McDonald Jones Stadium, New Lambton
Saturday 8 August 2020

Kickoff 5:30pm - Fox/Kayo

TL-NEW20a.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Starford To'a 3. Enari Tuala 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Blake Green 7. Mitchell Pearce 8. David Klemmer 9. Kurt Mann 10. Jacob Saifiti 11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Mitchell Barnett
Interchange: 14. Phoenix Crossland 15. Josh King 16. Herman Ese'ese 17. Brodie Jones 18. Chris Randall 19. Tex Hoy 20. Mason Lino 21. Jirah Momoisea

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Tommy Talau 5. Asu Kepaoa 6. Luke Brooks 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Moses Mbye 10. Russell Packer 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Sam McIntyre 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Shawn Blore 16. Chris Lawrence 17. Billy Walters 18. Alex Seyfarth 19. Luke Garner 20. Josh Reynolds 21. Elijah Taylor

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Ben Lowe

Last edited by a moderator:

WA Tiger

Bench
If Madge keeps the same team next week he’s committing suicide .The backline needs to change even if it’s just for changes sake..but Luckily it’s not just for changes sake ...We could have a potent spine esp with Asu maybe even at fullback...This could be a good win, if Madge has the balls

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
You should win this no matter who you play.. We'll be lucky to field a team this week
U guys r a tough outfit with good game management.U may b busted but as long as Pearce & Ponga r playing u should b rightfully favourites.We r yet to win against a decent team & I don’t c that changing anytime soon.

axl rose

Bench
Struggling to care about this one, i'll put in the same effort the team did last week and might turn it on and half pay attention
Yeah, finding it hard to muster enthusiasm as the comp is a bit of a yawn. Maybe its Tigers form or the flat games due to lack of crowd. or maybe it's the Roosters and Storm in the top 4 again. Same old.

Das Hassler

Bench
Not that it really matters too much but Blake Green leaves the warriors days after contributing to a win against us ..to go strengthen Newcastle a few days BEFORE playing us...the way the dice rolls every time for WT

WA Tiger

Bench
Not that it really matters too much but Blake Green leaves the warriors days after contributing to a win against us ..to go strengthen Newcastle a few days BEFORE playing us...the way the dice rolls every time for WT
So we get a second chance

I don’t know why Im expecting changes in the team today.I should have learnt by now

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Mass changes:

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Joseph Leilua
4 Tommy Talau
5 Asu Kepaoa
6 Luke Brooks
7 Benji Marshall
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Moses Mbye
10 Russell Packer
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Sam McIntyre
13 Matthew Eisenhuth

14 Thomas Mikaele
15 Shawn Blore
16 Chris Lawrence
17 Billy Walters

18 Alex Seyfarth
19 Luke Garner
20 Josh Reynolds
21 Elijah Taylor

Star hooker Harry Grant and lock Alex Twal are out injured, with Moses Mbye shifting to dummy half, Matt Eisenhuth back at lock, Tommy Talau moving in to centre and new recruit Asu Kepaoa debuting on the wing. Centre Joey Leilua returns from suspension, bumping Chris Lawrence to the bench. Luke Brooks is back starting in the halves with Billy Walters dropping to the pine. Russell Packer returns from suspension in place of Ollie Clark at prop. Sam McIntyre starts in the second row with Luke Garner dropped to the reserves.

That's a wow from me, Madge tried something, so good for him:

a new centre and wing combo - great
a new 5/8
a new starting 2nd rower (who adds starch)
a new 9 - certainly from left field where I would have thought Walters would have gone straight there. But Mybe closer to ball allows him to sniff around those half breaks (assuming they come)

Surprised he retained the 1 though.

Blake Green straight in. The cricket great out which helps.

Tigerm

First Grade
Mass changes:

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Joseph Leilua
4 Tommy Talau
5 Asu Kepaoa
6 Luke Brooks
7 Benji Marshall
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Moses Mbye
10 Russell Packer
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Sam McIntyre
13 Matthew Eisenhuth

14 Thomas Mikaele
15 Shawn Blore
16 Chris Lawrence
17 Billy Walters

18 Alex Seyfarth
19 Luke Garner
20 Josh Reynolds
21 Elijah Taylor
Yes, interested to see how the backline goes.
Brooks at 6, has he ever played there for us?
Don’t understand the need to run a back on the bench, last game against them they beat us up.
Garner paying for an ordinary game, prob come back to early. I think they all thought the Warriors would be an easy win.
I’m tipping us by 10 due to new players in and a bounce back from last weeks debacle.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Don’t understand the need to run a back on the bench, last game against them they beat us up.
Garner paying for an ordinary game, prob come back to early. I think they all thought the Warriors would be an easy win.
I’m tipping us by 10 due to new players in and a bounce back from last weeks debacle.

Don't think Brooks has ever played in the #6 jersey for us but worth a punt there. He's our highest paid half (discounting Reynolds who surely is out the door at season's end) and signed long-term so we have to find him a position in the starting side.

Walters on the bench can cover a few positions and Mbye may need a spell so I don't mind that.

Well, our backline looks a lot better with Mbye and Lawrence out of there. We'll miss Grant obviously but fingers crossed Mbye and Walters can get the job done.

Knights missing a bunch (and a weapon in Best) so we're in with a shot.

WA Tiger

Bench
Surprised he retained the 1 though..

I thought that might be a bridge too far..

Talau finally at centre Excellent..Imagine those two kids 4 and 5 just so ready to bust a move when the club is needing it so badly. And they both have that star quality...Mbye moved to make way for the real deal and still be of some real use..He was always a stop gap. ..Bravo Madge .better late than never..

For the club that’s a year changing moment..

There’s real impact in the backline now and hopefully that helps AD do his thing. We’ve got the players now so let’s use them wisely

Brookes can play shit and we might still be ok

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade

Walters is there to cover the 9 and also give us insurance if a back goes down

Latest posts