What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

mxlegend99

Referee
Tamou can leave for mine. We have 6 guys showing they deserve to be playing front row for us this season. One doing it for another team.

Honestly this is a pretty ferocious pack:

8. JFH
10. Tetevano

15 / 16. Leniu , Hetherington, Leota

Be nice to hang on to Tamou aswell. But even on a 1 year deal he wouldn't be that cheap and realistically we can get by quiet easily without him. We might grab injuries that make us miss him. But hopefully we just find the next guy to develop up front. Or maybe Yeo plays front row if needed.

I think JFH, Yeo and Tetevano are plenty experienced in the middle to not worry about losing Tamous experience.

LukeLewis3

Juniors
Tamou can go to be honest. He doesn't have many good years left in him and I remember him being on the outer in 18/19 a bit. Of course he starts playing good when his at the end of his contract.

Jane Murray

Bench
The only issue with keeping Tamou is the money, he’s easily playing well enough to be re-signed. But we have so many players coming off contract at the end of 2021, is keeping Tamou for 2-3 years worth losing someone? Hard call, glad I don’t have to make it.
Another point, is the Tamou will keep Leniu out of first grade. Spencer has already shown he is more than ready.

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Canberra Raiders at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak returns in place of injured winger Charlie Staines as James Fisher-Harris prepares to play his 100th NRL game.

Dean Whare (thigh), Dylan Edwards (hamstring), Brian To'o (ankle) and Kurt Capewell (knee) remain sidelined with their respective injuries.

The limited ticket allocation for Saturday's showdown has been exhausted, with Panthers members redeeming all available tickets in just 72 hours.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Home Jersey.

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Billy BURNS - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Daine LAURIE - sponsored by Brightside Music

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Canberra Raiders at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak returns in place of injured winger Charlie Staines as James Fisher-Harris prepares to play his 100th NRL game.

Dean Whare (thigh), Dylan Edwards (hamstring), Brian To'o (ankle) and Kurt Capewell (knee) remain sidelined with their respective injuries.

The limited ticket allocation for Saturday's showdown has been exhausted, with Panthers members redeeming all available tickets in just 72 hours.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Home Jersey.

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Billy BURNS - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Daine LAURIE - sponsored by Brightside Music
Only one forward on extended bench. A fullback. Half and hooker the others. This team will almost certainly be 1 to 17. Can only see changes if there's an injury through the week.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I completely disagree. Tamou will still take the place of a younger player, Spencer Leniu. Spencer needs to be in the top side.

Leniu is already in the top side, with Tamou??
He’s not ready to be a full time starting prop.

If Tamou leaves, Heatherington should take the starting spot or Tetevano, but not Spencer, he’s not ready.

WestyLife

First Grade
I'm a Fonua Blake fan too. I thought we might struggle the Manly pack with Fonua Blake, Tapau and Trbojevic, but our forwards controlled them and rolled up the field to dominate field position.

Blake's season average is 193m, against us it was 138m and Tapau was only 91m. Contrast that with the Panthers' props. JFH 165m, Tamou 170m, Leota 144m, Tetavano 111m, Leniu 92m. To be honest, we owned their forwards. BTW Leniu run for 92m in 22 minutes!

The people saying don't keep Tamou are crazy, he is playing as well as he ever has and he looks in great physical shape. I think it will be the dollars that stop this, we just have so many good players right now.

It's not his ability that people are questioning it's pure roster management.

betcats

Referee
True, but experience can be invaluable.

Tamou said recently he’s going to test the market and he expects to ‘be at his best’ for 2-3 years yet. I’d say he is as good as gone there would be more than one team willing to offer him the deal he wants. He said he wants to stay here but from the rest of his comments he is going to take the best deal he can get.

With or without him we have a gun forward pack next season. Spencer is yet to put a foot wrong in fg, put another off season on him and we might get better with Tamou out and Spence getting more minutes. Leota has been excellent along with Tetevano off the bench, Jacks going well for the warriors and in terms of experience we have that covered. Fish 100 games this week, Yeo already over 100, Moses has played 65 now plus whatever Tetevano is on. Jimmy is going to get some decent offers we very likely will be better off long term letting him go in that case.

Jane Murray

Bench
Leniu is already in the top side, with Tamou??
He’s not ready to be a full time starting prop.

If Tamou leaves, Heatherington should take the starting spot or Tetevano, but not Spencer, he’s not ready.
I didn't make any mention of the starting spot.