What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

soc123_au

Staff member
People on here want to get rid of Mansour, Whare.

Everyone besides Martie doesn't rate Aekins or MWZ.

Not to mention we have 3 players less in our squad then others

I dont want to lose either particularly. I see Whare as depth moving forward if he stays, I'd rather have him than someone equivalent to Bodine for example. I have always been a Sauce fan, now & always. Maybe I'm a touch too sentimental but I just love the bloke. I can see him being overtaken by the young brigade sooner rather than later, but if you want depth he is pretty bloody handy.

Aekins & MWZ are also perfect for their roles. Low cost and solid depth. If Aekins could improve his attack he would start at a few clubs easily.

If we need another 3 promote from within. Another 3 to get valuable fulltime squad time so they are ready to go when the time comes & maybe they become top 17 material & improve the squad down the track. Getting a plodder from elsewhere isnt doing anything long term & we aren't in an injury crisis now. We are due to get a few back.

Part of the reason I'd like to keep Tamou around is that he is experienced, I'd rather keep the experience we have now than replace them with someone worse to provide the guidance for the young talent coming through.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I find it funny that lack of game time is touted here in relation to a players depth value, yet when May was about to come in, the lack of game time was ignored because "he has talent"

soc123_au

Staff member
I find it funny that lack of game time is touted here in relation to a players depth value, yet when May was about to come in, the lack of game time was ignored because "he has talent"
To be fair he has been pretty bloody good since coming back. I'm of the opinion the lack of game time isnt making much difference. Everyone is in the same boat in that regard & everyone we have bought in has done a great job regardless of how long since they had a full game.

ACTPanthers

Bench
To be fair he has been pretty bloody good since coming back. I'm of the opinion the lack of game time isnt making much difference. Everyone is in the same boat in that regard & everyone we have bought in has done a great job regardless of how long since they had a full game.
Oh I agree mate, and I was very much against him coming into the team. Just pointing out the seemingly obvious hypocrisy in the statements.

soc123_au

Staff member
Oh I agree mate, and I was very much against him coming into the team. Just pointing out the seemingly obvious hypocrisy in the statements.
Apart from the obvious reason that we all want our players to perform well I'm really pleased for Tyrone. I was one of the few that wanted him back in the team, he f**ked up for sure, but he did his time & copped it on the chin like a man with no whinging. I think he was very hard done by in the tik toc scandal as well. I wouldn't want him dating my sister, but if he was mates with my brother I'd be fine, you know that if the shit hit the fan he would have his back. I'd say he has learnt from his mistakes & wish him a great career from here on.

I rate Aekins, i even like MWZ, i just think they rank a little lower than Edwards and To'o, and Staines can play fullback, just hasn't yet for 1st grade
Whare for me is no.1 centre =if fit, but naden has a lot to offer, aswell as Crichton.
We have junior depth, just dont want to lose games from under utilizing them and have Mansour throw dumbass unnecessary passes in our end zone. Otherwise any of these young guys qualifies ahead of him, just in speed

You rate Whare over Crichton?!

I just can’t understand that at all. Whare offers nothing, absolutely nothing. He’s not even the great defender he once was. Naden is easily the better option at right centre as well.

BxTom

Bench
You rate Whare over Crichton?!

I just can’t understand that at all. Whare offers nothing, absolutely nothing. He’s not even the great defender he once was. Naden is easily the better option at right centre as well.
The same Naden that was running in and leaving the wing area free at the same time DCE was kicking to his winger so that he could score where Naden had been? Don't get me wrong - I rate Naden. Great attacker and whilst he is getting better at defence, Whare is still the better defender for now.

The same Naden that was running in and leaving the wing area free at the same time DCE was kicking to his winger so that he could score where Naden had been? Don't get me wrong - I rate Naden. Great attacker and whilst he is getting better at defence, Whare is still the better defender for now.

Overall Naden is a the better option. I agree he hasn’t fully come to grips with centre play, but Whare offers nothing in attack. Our right side is more potent without Whare, and the defence isn’t enough of a difference.

mxlegend99

Referee
We score more points with Naden at centre. We don't concede anymore points with him at centre. Attack improves. Defence remains the same

Also Naden was on the wing for that play.

GongPanther

Referee
Apart from the obvious reason that we all want our players to perform well I'm really pleased for Tyrone. I was one of the few that wanted him back in the team, he f**ked up for sure, but he did his time & copped it on the chin like a man with no whinging. I think he was very hard done by in the tik toc scandal as well. I wouldn't want him dating my sister, but if he was mates with my brother I'd be fine, you know that if the shit hit the fan he would have his back. I'd say he has learnt from his mistakes & wish him a great career from here on.
I bet his notoriety has got him plenty of attention from even more female admirers on that tick-tock site he was using, unless he has sworn off of it.

mxlegend99

Referee
People on here want to get rid of Mansour, Whare.

Everyone besides Martie doesn't rate Aekins or MWZ.

Not to mention we have 3 players less in our squad then others
All you needed to say was marty rates them. That pretty much tells you they're average at best.

BxTom

Bench
We score more points with Naden at centre. We don't concede anymore points with him at centre. Attack improves. Defence remains the same

Also Naden was on the wing for that play.
Um yes, that's the point! He was on the wing, but he ran in.

mxlegend99

Referee
Um yes, that's the point! He was on the wing, but he ran in.
He was on the wing... With a utility playing out of position inside him and his decisions had to change based on what his inexperienced centre was doing aswell.

At the end of the day in 4 full games without Whare our points conceded averages to be 12 per game. Our average for the season is 14.1 per game. We have conceded less points with Naden at centre than Whare. We have scored more.

mxlegend99

Referee
The entire defence was half way across the field.
Yep. He really had no decision that would have worked out for him. At the moment DCE kicked only May and Naden were on that side of the posts

Screenshot_2020-08-04-17-23-06-37.jpg

I mean what decision should he have made? The entire defence had just shifted following the ball. DCE turned the play back and caught Naden stuck with no options at all.

When he had a set defensive line in the furst half he shut down a try with an intercept which would have been a try if Aekins didn't decide against passing.

betcats

Referee
Yep. He really had no decision that would have worked out for him. At the moment DCE kicked only May and Naden were on that side of the posts

View attachment 40521

I mean what decision should he have made? The entire defence had just shifted following the ball. DCE turned the play back and caught Naden stuck with no options at all.

When he had a set defensive line in the furst half he shut down a try with an intercept which would have been a try if Aekins didn't decide against passing.

In that situation if he stays put the ball goes through the hands and they score easily, jamming in was the only play that had a chance. Dce spotted him coming and kicked, great player that he is.

BxTom

Bench
In that situation if he stays put the ball goes through the hands and they score easily, jamming in was the only play that had a chance. Dce spotted him coming and kicked, great player that he is.
In that situation, the rest of the defense would all moved left.

betcats

Referee
In that situation, the rest of the defense would all moved left.

Not fast enough, the ball travels faster than feet do. Watch the highlights you’ll see it, DCE went to the right than got an offload of one of their forwards and came back left, we were shot there was no solid defensive line moving together.

Status
Not open for further replies.