What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fittler comments

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah I thought it was 4.

I remember we were all giving them sh**t about it 04/05.

So can someone tell me what this Bruce Gordon prick is doing for us?

If Politis can make a 4 juniors club into a rorting powerhouse, what the f*ckk is this Gordon c*U nt doing?
In 2010 I congratulated the 2 Easts supporters for making the effort to attend the grand final.

Gordon is keeping McGregor in as coach.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And FTR, the next uneducated dope who calls the Saints-Illawarra Joint Venture a "merger" will have a horse's head in their bed before sunrise.

TruSaint

Referee
And FTR, the next uneducated dope who calls the Saints-Illawarra Joint Venture a "merger" will have a horse's head in their bed before sunrise.

tumblr_p6fndzPlFl1rt53klo1_500.gif

gregstar

Referee
The "red V" has been bastardized by having an all red jersey too often.

Clearly the powers that be in the club don't see it as too marketable.

“Cronulla to go and join St George Illawarra, make it a really big southern Sydney team that stretches down to Wollongong,” Fittler said on WWOS’ Freddy and the Eighth.

Fittler believes the Wests Tigers and the Panthers could join forces to create a massive force in the greater western Sydney area.

“The other one’s Wests Tigers,” Fittler said.

“I just don’t know if they’ve done what they’re supposed to do and I feel like maybe if we had a greater west team ... it just feels like, are they at Leichhardt, or Burwood, or Concord, or out at Campbelltown?

“I’m not sure. I don’t think we pay Campbelltown area enough respect. Whether we have an outer-west team and that includes Penrith, and they take up that Penrith-Campbelltown area.

What an incongruity.

Fittler identifies exactly what the Tigers problem is... and then advocates creating that problem on an even greater scale then already exists with St George-Illawarra.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He must have been off his meds again[/QUOTE

I don't disagree that there are too many teams in Sydney- it's Fittlers ridiculous implication that Souths and Easts are somehow untouchable because they're foundation clubs, and can't merge because they dislike one another- that gets up my nose.

They fight over a tiny parcel of land with next to no juniors and dominated by private schools and Rugby. If Vlandys is the "can do" go ahead guy that he claims to be, he would be struck by the unsustainability of this situation into the future and that the Souths Roosters merger is the best way to free up space for for a second Brisbane team.

We all know that Balmain, Wests, Norths and Newtown were foundation clubs- and that didn't save them. Wests in the 50s and 60s were, along with the Dragons, the wealthiest and most powerful club in the League so the Roosters current on and off field success should be seen for what it is- a short term situation likely to disappear as soon as Nick Politis is brown bread.

Last edited:

Latest posts