What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Roosters

hewi

Bench
How good is this.

Team tips: Journalist Phil Rothfield says Corey Norman looks set to be axed after last week’s loss to South Sydney. Paul McGregor said Adam Clune will be in the mix to return against the Roosters after he missed the Rabbitohs clash with concussion. Trent Merrin is also expected to return from concussion symptoms. Euan Aitken is in doubt after suffering a hamstring injury against the Rabbits. Brayden Wiliame (calf) is scheduled to make his return in Round 13, but could struggle to make the 17

redv13

Bench
How good is this.

Team tips: Journalist Phil Rothfield says Corey Norman looks set to be axed after last week’s loss to South Sydney. Paul McGregor said Adam Clune will be in the mix to return against the Roosters after he missed the Rabbitohs clash with concussion. Trent Merrin is also expected to return from concussion symptoms. Euan Aitken is in doubt after suffering a hamstring injury against the Rabbits. Brayden Wiliame (calf) is scheduled to make his return in Round 13, but could struggle to make the 17
I’ll believe that at 4pm today when I see it

VodkaSaint

Juniors
1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Euan Aitken
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Ben Hunt
7. Adam Clune
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Cameron McInnes (C)
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jackson Ford

Interchange:
14. Tristan Sailor
15. Josh Kerr
16. Trent Merrin
17. Tyrell Fuimaono
18. Jacob Host
19. Corey Norman
20. Jason Saab
21. Kaide Ellis

HenryTatana

Juniors
With doubts over McTumours love child Aiken and his hamstring, looks like it will be Fui to centre and Host in the 17.

RedVDave

First Grade
Roosters have a lot of players out it's one of the weaker teams I've seen them field. We could very well cause an upset.

No Brett Morris
No Boyd Cordner
No Kyle Flannigan

...and ANZAC cup is at stake I'm sensing an upset.

Last edited:

st.phil

Bench
honestly this club and it's baby steps - kahoona-less selections... why not name sailor in 6 and be done with it? Why hunt when we know the team functions far better right now w him at 9? A theory? Selection committee probs went for that and Marys compromise was to go switzerland and move Hunt to his 3rd position in 3 weeks. Only at the dragons

RedVDave

First Grade
Weaker no doubt but I’m sure they’ll still beat us comfortably. Ryan Hall is yet to break his nrl try scoring drought but watch him go this week. Double minimum!!

I just found out it's Aubussons 300th game as well which is another reason they'll aim up but I still think we can deliver an upset but I am not writing the chooks off by any stretch.

redv13

Bench
I just found out it's Aubussons 300th game as well which is another reason they'll aim up but I still think we can deliver an upset but I am not writing the chooks off by any stretch.
Tedesco will shred us up the middle. Will score at least 1 try. J Moz always fire’s up against us, will score at least 1 try, Manu is a beast, Keary will beat us by himself, always kills us. Just can’t see it to be honest. Would love to be proven wrong though, would happily stuff my face with humble pie

qld redvee

Juniors
If Hunt can run the ball then could be a good call as it get cam back to his preferred position
Think we need to prise Merrin out of the squad and give Blacker or ellis a run ( lets look to 2021) I would leave norman out for a few weeks a she has nor contributed for so long its not funny. I think Tariq is gun shy due to suspensions maybe we need to feed him raw meat for a few days to get him ready.
lets see if the guys can get up for this one

possm

Coach
1. Matt Dufty
2. Jordan Periera
3. Euan Aitken
4. Zac Lomax
5. Mikaele Ravalawa
6. Ben Hunt
7. Adam Clune
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Cameron McInnes (C)
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Tariq Sims
13. Jackson Ford

Interchange:
14. Tristan Sailor
15. Josh Kerr
16. Trent Merrin
17. Tyrell Fuimaono
18. Jacob Host
19. Corey Norman
20. Jason Saab
21. Kaide Ellis
I don't like this line-up. Mary again fails to promote our young outside backs to fill positions.

1. Dufty for now.
2. Ramsey. It is time he got his turn..
3. Lomax
4. Feagai. Williame must not be ready to return after the injury.
5. Ravalawa. It seems that Saab is on his way to another club.
6. Sailor. Hunt was playing his best football at hooker.
7. Clune. He is our best option at 7.
8. Kerr. Lawrie does not dominate he should be dropped.
9. Hunt. This year his best football has been played from 9.
10. Vaughan.
11. Frizell.
12. T Sims.
13. McInnes. Lock-forward is his best position

Four forwards on the bench is the way to go against the Roosters
14. Merrin.
15. Ellis. May just liven up our tired forward pack.
16. Ford.
17. Fuimaono.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
ir-match-centre-bg-large-1736x350.png

Telstra Premiership Round 13 Dragons vs Roosters
Telstra Premiership

Round 13 - Thursday 6th August 2020

Match: Dragons vs Roosters
Kick off: 7:50pm
dragons-badge.svg

home Team

Dragons

Dharawal & Yuin nations

11th Position

roosters-badge.svg

away Team

Roosters

Gadigal people

4th Position

Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Match broadcasters:

Ground Conditions: N/A

Weather: Unknown

Fan Information
Stats
Head-to-Head

St. George Illawarra Dragons and Sydney Roosters have played 42 games. St. George Illawarra Dragons has won 20 games. Sydney Roosters has won 21 games. They have drawn 1 game.

Head-To-Head
Since 1998
Played

Won

Drawn
Previous Meetings

Match: Roosters vs Dragons

Friday 26th June 2020

F ull T ime

home Team

Roosters

Gadigal people

Scored 26 points

away Team

Dragons

Dharawal & Yuin nations

Scored 12 points

Match: Dragons vs Roosters

Saturday 24th August 2019

F ull T ime

home Team

Dragons

Dharawal & Yuin nations

Scored 12 points

away Team

Roosters

Gadigal people

Scored 34 points

Form Guide
Dragons recent results:

Roosters recent results:
Current Season
Wins this season

36%

4/11

64%

7/11

Points Scored
home St. George Illawarra Dragons

away Sydney Roosters
Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters
Completion Rate
79%

75%

Tackle Efficiency
90.7%

89.5%

Average Points Scored

away Sydney Roosters
Average Points Conceded

away Sydney Roosters
Average Play The Ball
3.53s

3.42s

Key Stats
Wins overall

48%

273/564

55%

333/606

https://www.dragons.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2020/round-13-dragons-v-roosters/

Thanks again GS- Norman's gone-at last- but given our limp forward efforts of recent weeks, the certainty of us not making the 8 and the uncertainty over the comings and goings next years, why would McGregor not give Kaide Ellis a go ahead of Lawrie, Host Fuimaono et al ?- monumentally, criminally stupid.

qld redvee

Juniors
Thanks again GS- Norman's gone-at last- but given our limp forward efforts of recent weeks, the certainty of us not making the 8 and the uncertainty over the comings and goings next years, why would McGregor not give Kaide Ellis a go ahead of Lawrie, Host Fuimaono et al ?- monumentally, criminally stupid.
Ellis needs to be given a go as he was brought to cover Graham and is only signed for the rest of the year . If he doesnt get a run then WHY buy him in first place AND if he gets a run and shows something then sign him for 21 with option in our favour for 22 .. we need to get some go forward Merrin for me is wasted