What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
We score more points with Naden at centre. We don't concede anymore points with him at centre. Attack improves. Defence remains the same

Also Naden was on the wing for that play.

Are you sure we don't concede more points down that channel with Naden at centre? We definitely increase our shirt grabbing & jamming infield on no one percentages.

mxlegend99

Referee
We are maintaining our league best defence with him in the side so it’s been a long way from the defensive disaster his knockers predicted.
Averaging 12 points a game with him at centre... Or less really since we didnt concede any while he was at centre against Manly.

Our average was higher. We concede less points. Score more. It's win/win. I say this as a Naden to wing fan. Unfortunately he's our best centre option to pair Crichton. He isn't perfect. But our for and against has improved at a rapid rate with him at centre.

franklin2323

Immortal
To be fair he has been pretty bloody good since coming back. I'm of the opinion the lack of game time isnt making much difference. Everyone is in the same boat in that regard & everyone we have bought in has done a great job regardless of how long since they had a full game.

I think guys in their mid 20's or so are better to handle it then guys that are still learning. As they have years of playing v men and are used to the physical side of it

franklin2323

Immortal
No way that play is on him. Nothing would've changed it with 2 players covering an entire side of the field. Just got caught out by a good half.

Not saying all on him but the have no cover there is down to poor communication. As was when he rushed out for Ramien's try v the Sharks or took no one in the Goodwin almost try in the same game

Depends what you mean by rate. Do I rate them as depth options, absolutely. Would I be signing Aekins to be a long term No.1 at my club, probably not. I think there would be plenty in the same boat as me.

We don’t even need him as a depth option from next year. Staines & Laurie will be better options then.

franklin2323

Immortal
The only way I see Aekins being kept is if we lost Staines this off season. MWZ might be a small chance of another contract, depending on the depth at wing. For instance if Mansour left a year early he could get another deal.

We will need to bring depth guys in but I am sure we can find alot better. I'd even take a run at Alex Johnston assuming he is happy to take a non guaranteed starting job

Fangs

Coach
We will need to bring depth guys in but I am sure we can find alot better. I'd even take a run at Alex Johnston assuming he is happy to take a non guaranteed starting job

Alex Johnston is like Brett Morris after his release from the Dogs. Criminally underrated and most likely under-priced as well. The guy is 25 years old. 93 tries in 132 matches. He would be an absolute star if a team like the Storm or Roosters pick him up (Or us...maybe).

He is obviously a first grader. If he signs with us happy to play reserve grade then its an absolute coup for us. More likely scenario is he gets a regular spot elsewhere.

franklin2323

Immortal
Alex Johnston is like Brett Morris after his release from the Dogs. Criminally underrated and most likely under-priced as well. The guy is 25 years old. 93 tries in 132 matches. He would be an absolute star if a team like the Storm or Roosters pick him up (Or us...maybe).

He is obviously a first grader. If he signs with us happy to play reserve grade then its an absolute coup for us. More likely scenario is he gets a regular spot elsewhere.

I am sure there will be guys in that same situation that just want to be around a squad. The way injuries get us I am sure they would end up with plenty of game time anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts