What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

The_Frog

First Grade
As much love as he had around here, the Panthers are better with him gone. Never really understood why so many rated him so highly.
His late effort in the 2014 semi final against the Roosters to bat a Soward kick in leading to the crucial try won him a fair few admirers. Unfortunately he couldn't really follow it up.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Dallin was one of the most down-to-earth players I had the privilege to meet. That modesty seemed to dissipate as soon as he walked onto the park though. I think a lot of Dallins issues stem from an overconfidence on the field. As soon as that starts to break down, he tries way too hard and adopts the tough guy persona. This then leads to more errors and penalties.

Great guy, just never translated to the field.

snickers007

Juniors
Dallin was one of the most down-to-earth players I had the privilege to meet.

Yeah I'll second this.

I have an Instagram page for my labradoodle (don't judge me). Dallin started to follow my page, and a couple of days later, he sent me a DM asking some questions about my dog - who I got it from, temperament, how it behaves around kids etc. We exchanged 4-5 messages over a week or so.

A few weeks later, I posted a photo of my dog wearing a Panthers jersey (don't judge me), and Dallin sent me another DM saying that he didn't realise I was a Panthers fan, and asked for my address. He sent me a Panthers training singlet, cap, and signed poster of the team. Also told me to DM him if we were planning to go to a match, and he'd hook us up with some box seats.

Never got a chance to take him up on the offer as he was off the Dogs soon after.

But yeah, real nice guy. Very appreciative of the info I shared with him, and very generous.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah I'll second this.

I have an Instagram page for my labradoodle (don't judge me). Dallin started to follow my page, and a couple of days later, he sent me a DM asking some questions about my dog - who I got it from, temperament, how it behaves around kids etc. We exchanged 4-5 messages over a week or so.

A few weeks later, I posted a photo of my dog wearing a Panthers jersey (don't judge me), and Dallin sent me another DM saying that he didn't realise I was a Panthers fan, and asked for my address. He sent me a Panthers training singlet, cap, and signed poster of the team. Also told me to DM him if we were planning to go to a match, and he'd hook us up with some box seats.

Never got a chance to take him up on the offer as he was off the Dogs soon after.

But yeah, real nice guy. Very appreciative of the info I shared with him, and very generous.
I judged you... hard ha ha

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Dallin was a very good player for us, just lacked a little pace which is such a valuable commodity.

As others have said he is also a very decent human being.

He can be proud of what he has accomplished to date in the game with hopefully many more NRL games to come.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeah I'll second this.

I started to lactate just reading that. You are right about DWZ being a good guy though.

mxlegend99

Referee
I started to lactate just reading that. You are right about DWZ being a good guy though.
How many players take time out of their lives to volunteer for their junior footy clubs helping as a touch judge?

My kids play for his junior footy club and both he and Malakai were at the jersey pick up day last year posing for photos with kids and so on.

FB_IMG_1596530639497.jpg

His form this year has turned to shit unfortunately. But he's an awesome bloke. I truly hope he can find form again for Bulldogs like he had last year and wish him the best against every team that isn't us

Against us I want him to be at his hilarious worst though.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
How many players take time out of their lives to volunteer for their junior footy clubs helping as a touch judge?

My kids play for his junior footy club and both he and Malakai were at the jersey pick up day last year posing for photos with kids and so on.

View attachment 40522

His form this year has turned to shit unfortunately. But he's an awesome bloke. I truly hooe he can find form again for Bullfogs like he had last year and wish him the best against every team that isn't us

Against us I want him to be at his hilarious worst though.

I don't think he was even that bad for us. The dogs have ruined him or at least brought out his worst.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think he was even that bad for us. The dogs have ruined him or at least brought out his worst.
In 2018 his form was incredible. 2019 it was patchy before falling out with us and recapturing form at Bulldogs.

Then whatever they did in the pre-season ruined him. Bad teams tend to do a good job at making players shit though. Be interesting to see if Baz can do anything with them.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Dallin was one of the most down-to-earth players I had the privilege to meet. That modesty seemed to dissipate as soon as he walked onto the park though. I think a lot of Dallins issues stem from an overconfidence on the field. As soon as that starts to break down, he tries way too hard and adopts the tough guy persona. This then leads to more errors and penalties.

Great guy, just never translated to the field.

100% agree. I’ll always have a soft spot for him.

Kilkenny

Coach
Caught a little of the Big Sports Breakfast on route to golf this morning and they mentioned Bryce being back in Sydney. It is my understanding given what I have been told Bryce and his partner have separated so that may explain his personal difficulties he is going thru. According to the BSB there is not a lot of interest in Bryce amongst the Sydney based clubs. I don’t necessarily feel sad for Bryce given he has earn a lot of money during his short time in the game but it is a shame he never reached the heights his talents probably should have warranted. I don’t think he will get a lifeline from our club but surely he may be thrown a lifeline by the likes of the West Tigers, Sea Eagles or Dragons albeit at much less than his current deal.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Bryce probably has one shot left in the NRL. I think he needs a Des, Bellamy or a Bennett.
Whether their respective clubs would be intersted is another matter.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bryce probably has one shot left in the NRL. I think he needs a Des, Bellamy or a Bennett.
Whether their respective clubs would be intersted is another matter.

I kinda think there will be a Sydney based club prepared to take a gamble on Bryce but it will be on much less money than he is currently enjoy I’m happy. It certainly won’t be the Panthers that boat has sailed.

MugaB

Coach
I kinda think there will be a Sydney based club prepared to take a gamble on Bryce but it will be on much less money than he is currently enjoy I’m happy. It certainly won’t be the Panthers that boat has sailed.
If we get our reserve grades back up bd running, panthers can welcome him i'm sure, he would be a good addition there, just not seeing any 1st grade for us, not for the defensive structures penrith has in place, im ok with him returning for nsw cup only

Latest posts