What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I know fus and men are going home for the right reasons but I fear for them that if we can replace them with actual Wingers who are quick and have instinct, than they might not have a spot to come back to.

Fus could probably be a centre, and Maumalo maybe at best a bench prop?

Knowing our luck our Wingers will be Beale and Pompey

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I know fus and men are going home for the right reasons but I fear for them that if we can replace them with actual Wingers who are quick and have instinct, than they might not have a spot to come back to.

Fus could probably be a centre, and Maumalo maybe at best a bench prop?

Knowing our luck our Wingers will be Beale and Pompey

That OR, OR, we'll get the Walker brothers and bring Chris out of retirement...

Matua

Bench
Why the actual F are we even considering a guy in the middle of a court case like this (I'm making no inference on his innocence or not)? Just go out and find an actual hard worker (not one of the over hyped Oz types, who we pretend are Michael Luck but they aren't, like Lowrie and Burr) rather than take splashing out big money on a guy who may not be able to play down the line.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Why the actual F are we even considering a guy in the middle of a court case like this (I'm making no inference on his innocence or not)? Just go out and find an actual hard worker (not one of the over hyped Oz types, who we pretend are Michael Luck but they aren't, like Lowrie and Burr) rather than take splashing out big money on a guy who may not be able to play down the line.

I dunno, to me it's kinda a win win.
We only get him IF he beats the court case.
We find it so difficult to attract the top tier players, he's a top tier player who would benefit hugely from something we have to offer, less spotlight in the media.
Imo would benefit the team massively, would shore up our defense.
On a positive note, hell be used to losing as a Dragons and NSW (pre last 2 years) player so he should be set.

Rich102

Staff member
What the hell are we chasing SBW for?
He's not going to turn our season around and he certainly won't be here next year..

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Are they confirmed chasing SBW ? Probably just media speculation

Will take 6 weeks before he is ready to play, hasn’t played NRL for 6 years and by all accounts was avoiding contact in his Wolfpack games. Maybe worth a punt for the Chooks but worthless for a non finals contender

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Are they confirmed chasing SBW ? Probably just media speculation

Will take 6 weeks before he is ready to play, hasn’t played NRL for 6 years and by all accounts was avoiding contact in his Wolfpack games. Maybe worth a punt for the Chooks but worthless for a non finals contender
Not about the footy tbh, I would get him in for his mana and work ethic. Would do no worse job then Adam Blair. Love him or hate him but he is a revered figure and the chooks themselves said that he was instrumental in building their culture at the beginning of their "dynasty"

Matua

Bench
I dunno, to me it's kinda a win win.
We only get him IF he beats the court case.
We find it so difficult to attract the top tier players, he's a top tier player who would benefit hugely from something we have to offer, less spotlight in the media.
Imo would benefit the team massively, would shore up our defense.
On a positive note, hell be used to losing as a Dragons and NSW (pre last 2 years) player so he should be set.
If we were paying unders for him then yes, but from media reports we're going to be paying overs.

Not worth it for an IF.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
If we were paying unders for him then yes, but from media reports we're going to be paying overs.

Not worth it for an IF.

Were never going to get a top player for unders, probably ever.

If he's cleared of all charges, he'd be a massive signing for us, even on that money.

Put it this way, weve had Adam Blair on the same money and same position, this would be an upgrade x 10.
still don't think it will happen tho

Penrose_11

Juniors
Today’s NZ Herald has Cameron George article stating the one player he wishes he could go out and sign. Unfortunately it’s behind a pay wall and i can’t see it. Can anyone let me know who it is? The Cheese maybe??

JJ

Immortal
Value in SBW as a leader and mentor, he’s as professional as they come

De Belin is a quality middle forward, well worth looking at if other things are favourable

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Should we investigate bringing Tof Sipley back to the club?

Left the club as the next big thing but has done shit all at Manly and cant get a run even when they have injuries. Might be worth loaning him in at the least to see what hes got?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Should we investigate bringing Tof Sipley back to the club?

Left the club as the next big thing but has done shit all at Manly and cant get a run even when they have injuries. Might be worth loaning him in at the least to see what hes got?

Yeah I was a fan of what he offered in a short space of time with the Warriors.
Had a big frame and I remember him bunting to guys clear and making a line break.
Offers something slightly different than the standard prop imo

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
All Manly fans are fans of Tof too, unlucky this year with the fact Des has been running a 1 utility, 1 prop, 2 backrower bench recently and has fallen back in the pecking order behind Keppie and Paseka while he was injured last season

LeagueNut

First Grade
Apparently Brandon Smith might be on the move if Cameron Smith decides to play on in 2021.

News also says that Gareth Widdop wants to head back to the NRL.

Could we afford both of them?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can afford both - will get neither.

On B Smith. He needs to leave Melbourne if he wants to be a hooker. Even if Cam retires both he and Grant are too good to share hooking duties and Smith looses out due to his versatility.

Big Marn

Juniors
I read Widdop was supposedly a swap deal with Norman replacing him at Warrington. But thats not confirmed.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
After hearing about Brown being appointed at coach, had a little look and can see Connor Watson is off contract at the end of this year.

Was brought to Knights by Brown to have a decent shot as a half, didn't really get it at the Knights.

Given the Warriors options at half, could be a 2nd time lucky with Watson and Brown's half expiriment.

Hoping it's not the case tho, not really sold on Connor as a half

Latest posts