What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Knights @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeah I understand that, but I just thought after the last game when we played them (they reamed us), we would have wanted 4 forwards.
We do but Gotta cover for injuries to the halves too. At least Brooks has the option of coming off than coming on..With a bit of momentum Brook’s is at his best so hopefully we get that

stryker

First Grade
Potentially the best balanced and most exciting Tigers side Ive seen in a long time.
Will be interesting to see Brooks playing as a running 5/8th...he should go well.
We owe these blokes an arse whooping. This side is capable.

League WTF

Juniors
Good team from Madge, except 1 & 9.

Much rather to have

1. Mbye
9. Walters
17. Clark

I can’t believe he kept AD at fullback. We also need some size on the bench and Lawrence is enough to cover our backs.

Our backline should have a day out.

Pretty close to our best pack, a lot of faith in brooksy and he’s played a lot of footy with the benj, so the chemistry should work.

The knights still have some handy players including genuine clutches.

It’s another test for Madge’s all of team philosophy.

I think the boys know that 100% is not enough this game.

Packer and bj are going to be a genuine handful with a head of steam up.

If any player doesn’t own up, I think he should he should fear his mates more than the knights.

As a group, their backline looks like plastic surgery gone horribly wrong.

But it will get down to who wants it more. Plain and simple.

Big test for the coaches as well.

Last edited:

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Our backline should have a day out.

Pretty close to our best forwards, a lot of faith in brooksy and he’s played a lot of footy with the benj, so the chemistry should work.

The knights still have some handy players including genuine clutches.

It’s another test for Madge’s all of team philosophy.

I think the boys know that 100% is not enough this game.

Packer and bj are going to be a genuine handful with a head of steam up.

If any player doesn’t own up, I think he should he should fear his mates more than the knights.

As a group, their backline looks like plastic surgery gone horribly wrong.

But it will get down to who wants it more. Plain and simple.

Big test for the coaches as well.

Knights shouldn’t even bother showing up by the sounds of it. Tigers have it in the bag! Just like the Round 2 encounter

Seriously though, Tigers and Knights are similarly frustrating as they can aim up for the big teams but when it comes to playing the lower teams they struggle (at least you guys beat the dogs :frowning2:). As a Knights fan, I honestly have no idea which Knights team will show up but hopefully both teams are on and should be a good game of footy

Last edited:
Knights shouldn’t even bother showing up by the sounds of it. Tigers have it in the bag! Just like the Round 2 encounter

Seriously though, Tigers and Knights are similarly frustrating as they can aim up for the big teams but when it comes to playing the lower teams they struggle (at least you guys beat the dogs :frowning2:). As a Knights fan, I honestly have no idea which Knights team will show up but hopefully both teams are on and should be a good game of footy

Fair call.

May rugby league be the winner!

Tigerm

First Grade
Mass changes:

1 Adam Doueihi
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Joseph Leilua
4 Tommy Talau
5 Asu Kepaoa
6 Luke Brooks
7 Benji Marshall
8 Josh Aloiai
9 Moses Mbye
10 Russell Packer
11 Luciano Leilua
12 Sam McIntyre
13 Matthew Eisenhuth

14 Thomas Mikaele
15 Shawn Blore
16 Chris Lawrence
17 Billy Walters

18 Alex Seyfarth
19 Luke Garner
20 Josh Reynolds
21 Elijah Taylor
Some of these players have a great opportunity to grab a permanent spot in the team, don't they.
TT at 4
Asu at 5
LB at 6
Sam M at 12

The only ones who don't imo are, Mbye at 9 & Huth at 13

Tiger Ted

Bench
Does anyone know when Liddle is due back, he can't be to far away.
The sooner the better.He is a gun if only he can stay injury free.

I like the move of the non entity mm to 9.Hopefully it’s a strategy to fk him off.I so hope Tommy plays a blinder at left centre.

Tiger05

First Grade
Twal has that 13 jersey sewn up and Huth is his understudy

Not on his performances. He hasn't been great and needs to improve to hold his spot. I'd play Blore there and Twal can fight it out to make the front row rotation.

Tiger05

First Grade
The sooner the better.He is a gun if only he can stay injury free.

I like the move of the non entity mm to 9.Hopefully it’s a strategy to fk him off.I so hope Tommy plays a blinder at left centre.

Mbye doesn't look to have a role apart from bench utility. I'd love to see Tommy kill it in the centres. I worry he lacks some pace but he has looked good on the wing.

Still we will have to carry Mbye's contract for a while like we've had to carry Reynolds contract for a while. No club is going to take the under performing top dollar players that we have for anywhere near what we need to get to release them.

WA Tiger

Bench
Talaus showed some out of nowhere acceleration and deception from a standing start for one of his recent in the corner try’s..From the clip posted a little while back he’s got all the skills at centre.. He knows the speed/ size of nrl now so looking forward to seeing him back there..I think he will be fine at centre without blistering speed..I believe 1 person whoever it is can spark the whole team now that we are overall ok on the day..
And I think just having a change will be good (as good as a holiday) ..That backline looks strong

Last edited:
Hoping for a win, but I’m not getting carried away ,as the number of times we have expected to win a game and came away disappointed is a regular occurrence.