What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Dragons @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Dragons v Roosters

• St George Illawarra Dragons 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St George Illawarra Dragons 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 13
St George Illawarra Dragons v Sydney Roosters
WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Thursday 6 August 2020

Kickoff 7:50pm - Nine/9Now, Fox/Kayo

TL-SGI20a.png

1. Matthew Dufty 2. Jordan Pereira 3. Euan Aitken 4. Zac Lomax 5. Mikaele Ravalawa 6. Ben Hunt 7. Adam Clune 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Cameron McInnes 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jackson Ford
Interchange: 14. Tristan Sailor 15. Josh Kerr 16. Trent Merrin 17. Tyrell Fuimaono 18. Jacob Host 19. Corey Norman 20. Jason Saab 21. Kaide Ellis

TL-SYD20a.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Ryan Hall 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Luke Keary 7. Lachlan Lam 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Sitili Tupouniua 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Isaac Liu
Interchange: 14. Drew Hutchison 15. Poasa Faamausili 16. Nat Butcher 17. Lindsay Collins 18. Daniel Fifita 19. Christian Tuipulotu 20. Max Bailey 21. Egan Butcher

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Chris Sutton
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think it is a bit more than just that. I believe he is also being rested. Sure, Robbo wants this to be a time for him to focus on his development, but I also think it is a chance for the bloke to have a rest and restock. He is young and has been on a steep learning curve since joining us. While he has done well, and not really done anything wrong, at the moment Lam to me seems to have more energy and spark in attack, and we as a team currently could do with more of that.

As you say, BO, it is prudent to bolster our depth in the halves towards the back end of the season in case there are any further injuries, including with Keary. Robbo is a master of player management, and he is thinking well ahead and always planning.

Headless Chook

Juniors
Lam has looked good with the limited game time he has been given. He deserves his chance irregardless of the situation. As for KF I think it’s a bit of both. Rested as well as time for a bit of self reflection in understanding how the roosters system is managed.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game. We are due for a loss if the last couple of weeks are anything to go by.

Roosters squad update:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/08/05/squad-update--round-13/

Battle of Lone Pine feature:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/08/06/commemorating-the-battle-of-lone-pine/

Talking points:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/08/06/talking-points--round-13/

Along with HC, I too am nervous about tonight. If we are going to drop one or more games between now and the finals, this and/or the Storm fixture could well be it. They have a tendency to lift against us. Very few teams can win when missing eight regular first graders. If we do win, it will be a great achievement. I hope that the boys can give it everything they have got - they owe it to Aubo and Teddy, even if nothing else.

Despite my apprehension, I will tip Easts by four.

It is game day, ladies and gentlemen, fire up you mighty Roosters!

I was very excited by that win; that sort of performance can be season defining! What a great outcome for Aubo's 300th and Teddy's 150th. I don't think it could have been scripted much better.

Max Bailey debuted for us the other night. He did well I thought. He is a big unit.

James Bracey was excited to see him play. The North Sydney Roosters!

The jury is still out on Flanagan vs. Lam (well, in my mind at least).

Lam seems to have more energy and better compliments Keary in attack, but Kyle can goal kick, and that is important, especially as we cannot rely on SST being on the field or available free of injury all of the time. The others are very much second string kickers, at best.

Therefore, I would give Lam another week or two, and then re-assess. The competition should not do any harm to either of them in the medium to long term. That all said, Sam Walker is most likely to be our long term half back going forward anyway. So, something will eventually have to give on this.

Irrespective of what transpires, I think Nick and Robbo already have things planned out.

The match report is below:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/08/06/roosters-down-dragons-in-tough-contest/

The remaining coverage can be found at the club's website:

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/