What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Roosters

denis preston

First Grade
I would offer them Norman and Dufty for Widdop.

Dufty wont be our long term fullback and hard to see him getting a go at anorher team in Aust. Its an opportunity to bring through Ramsey or Schiller at fullback and use one of the Feagai boys on the wing.
Widdop would also he a great mentor for Sullivan and Clune.
OR a roadblock for them !

Dragon David

First Grade
I tip that Sims will make Keary's life hell! And if Frizell does the same we will stifle the Rooster's attack.

For this game, HUNT HAS TO RUN WITH THE BALL!
We definitely need to stifle the attack of the Roosters halves. Do this and we might have a good chance of winning. We also need to score more tries than them to be on the safe side.

Old Timer

Coach
I tip that Sims will make Keary's life hell! And if Frizell does the same we will stifle the Rooster's attack.

Sims is a dud and Frizz is easily contained under the current game plan.

Fully expect the Chooks to challenge our centre with big man after big man getting a role on then to spin it wide with their edge backorders providing great decoys or positive attacking options.

Ford and Hunt will be targeted and if Cam does go off for a rest with Sailor on and Hunt to 9 I expect that we will leak pretty badly in the middle.

They will be way to slick in everything they do for us to challenge them at the 3/4 mark of the game.

You have to ask who thinks the team selections up as Hunt is now the 6 despite all the "positive press" by team mates, our career coach and the media when he went to 9.

Obviously according to our selection panel a good 9 against shit opposition but not worth selecting there against title holders or contenders and people think he will be the Qld SOO 9 lol.

hazzbeen

Bench
The coaches or coach , what ever you want to believe , have got nothing , no idea how to win any game or even be competitive with all these desperate changes to positions ....... The coaches and players have forgot how to win .....

SBD82

Coach

Agree with all 3 points, and I’d add that our middle needs to work hard to make their ground and prevent Tedesco from taking advantage of offloads.

Although... I think Sims plays on Lam’s side of the field. So I’d expect him to put plenty of pressure on the rookie half. Friz will have the job of pressuring Keary.

Looking forward to the battle between Lomax and Jmoz. I think all centres get a good gauge of where their game is at when they line up against Jmoz. He makes you work for everything. Good test for Zac.

Dragons by 20.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

He will, he’s going to play hooker without a doubt. I reckon Sailor will be on at around the 20m mark. Sailors not match fit so I just reckon they are not sure he’ll get through 80. McInnes will go to lock, Ford will go to the bench to be kept fresh the rest of the game as cover for our backs since 3 of them are under an injury cloud.

denis preston

First Grade
Just watched the media interview with never my fault Paul.
He mentions that we got the rotation of impact players wrong but then throws it on the players for saying they were ok to continue their spell.
The deflection king strikes again.
It's not to the players, he shouldn't be even asking the question, just do it ! He gets himself all in a tangle with the interchange , i'm sure the maths of it confuses him ! He is so fixated with the forwards that he forgot about Sailor and he has a long record of doing this before ( Field, Lomax, Hutch etc )

Frizell and Sims tried to do the same to Walker against Souths and you saw where that got us.
Keary has his minders and is a good defender anyway so I can't see us getting any respite with those tactics.

getsmarty

Immortal
team_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

24-hour warning: Round 13 v Roosters
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 5 Aug 2020, 07:50 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Sydney Roosters at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Thursday, August 6.

The Dragons and Roosters will play for the Battle of Lone Pine Cup, with Thursday's clash coinciding with the 105th anniversary of the Battle of Lone Pine, with the 75th anniversary of the Second World War's conclusion also to come on August 15.

Adam Clune and Trent Merrin (both concussion) have been named in the 17, with Jacob Host and Jasob Saab the first players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

Coach's preview: Round 13 v Roosters

Amended NRL squad for Round 13 v Sydney Roosters –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness

Interchange:
14. Tristan Sailor – sponsored by TripADeal
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Trent Merrin – sponsored by St.George Bank
17. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
19. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
21. Kaide Ellis

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/05/nrl-team-round-13-v-sydney-roosters/

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If we cant beat the Roosters tomorrow night, we have definitely tanked on McGregor.

J.moz and JWH both out, an edge forward playing centre, Drew Hutchinson on the bench etc.

However, at the same time we have a winger who is bandaged like Cardigan Bay, a centre with a hammy 'twinge' and another centre with a 'dicky' knee.

Mmm......Dragons by 2

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If we cant beat the Roosters tomorrow night, we have definitely tanked on McGregor.

J.moz and JWH both out, an edge forward playing centre, Drew Hutchinson on the bench etc.

However, at the same time we have a winger who is bandaged like Cardigan Bay, a centre with a hammy 'twinge' and another centre with a 'dicky' knee.

Mmm......Dragons by 2
Agree, I don’t think we can run with three injured outside backs. Aitken worries me in that I can see him coming off early. Rava probably won’t come off but he’s just ineffective may as well run with Saab.