What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green immediately released

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I might have to take my TV back to the shop

For the past couple of years I’ve been watching an average NRL half wear the 6 jersey for the Warriors on my TV, all the talking heads over in Aussie seem to have been watching a guy play like Darren Lockyer the way they are talking about him

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Sounds like Green behaved in a similar manner to how he did to get out of his Manly deal when he came to us to begin with.

Either he's a Moses puppet or sooky dick. Either way - no great loss.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

For the past couple of years I’ve been watching an average NRL half wear the 6 jersey for the Warriors on my TV, all the talking heads over in Aussie seem to have been watching a guy play like Darren Lockyer the way they are talking about him

Ha, I did think it was a bit funny that Payten said he'd been in good form. Not really. He was great v the Broncos obviously but he's been pretty absent the rest of the time.

I've got no issue with him going, it is a disappointment that player power trumps all in these sort of situations and guys can freely break contracts by declaring they're not happy and they want to move on...and the unfortunate thing is that we very rarely land a player coming our way in that situation. But he hasn't got a future with us, a decision I agree with, and he's sought to secure his future for a bit longer. He and his slimeball manager would've been pushing this hard all season. Hard to know what we could've done different.

And I would suggest the Knights should be footing the bill, right? We didn't try to offload him. Bad business if we are footing it.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I wonder what happened to Mason Lino? He seems to have fallen right off the radar at the Knights.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
But he hasn't got a future with us, a decision I agree with, and he's sought to secure his future for a bit longer. He and his slimeball manager would've been pushing this hard all season. Hard to know what we could've done different.
This is the part I don't get though. He hasn't secured his future for longer at all. He has got the same contract in terms of length with the Knights then what he had here.

I reckon that's what would be pissing Payten off, the fact that the agreement was if you get something longer term then you are free to leave, otherwise stay here and help us out. In reality hes only got a 3 month contract with the knights.

Big Marn

Juniors
3 months to prove his worth and maybe get signed longer. Like a temp that gets taken on full time.
He knew Warriors weren't resigning him even if he played lights out. But the Knights might.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3 months to prove his worth and maybe get signed longer. Like a temp that gets taken on full time.
He knew Warriors weren't resigning him even if he played lights out. But the Knights might.

Yeah, that. Plus he's a Sydney guy, right? Either way he's back in his home city, with the chance that either the Knights want him or if the cretin he's managed by is looking at another Sydney club for him in the mean time.

JJ

Immortal

They don't watch the Warriors - when they do it tends to be when we play well and upset someone - that's usually when Johnson or Green played well (and of course when the forwards look like they are good too)

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Evidence the media are f**kwits - version 38433890.

At no stage does Green 'hit back' or 'bite back' at Payten. In fact he says everything in a very calm, collected and respectful manner. And it's not hard to understand why he did what he did. He was told he wouldn't play when we were out of contention (which a lot of fans like us were calling for). We were playing like busted arses 3 weeks ago, so that was looking likely to happen sooner rather than later. So his manager found him a new home, a home where he may play finals footy.

We did what we had to, so did he. Good luck to him, I think he gave most of his arse for us across three years. Media tried to put a controversial spin on it, weak as piss.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Warriors vs Knights in a few weeks. Wonder if we'll block him from playing against us like Penrith did with Hetherington?

BLN2

Juniors
Yeah that's a real bugger, I feel sorry for the guy. He hasn't been moving well for the past couple of seasons, will be a tough ask to come back from this. I think he will fight on for another year if someone offers him a small deal.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I hears double ACL rupture, you’d think he’ll hang the boots up. Shit way to go out and he deserves better. Ironic it happened the same afternoon Turner debuted for us and looked like he could be the goods as his replacement.

The recovery time is time he no longer has.
He won't be lining up against us this weekend.
Will be spilling all our calls anyway.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
On NRL 360 they commented that Green might be back as running isn't part of his game anyway. They were being serious too, and kinda have a point.