What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Replacement for Evans and Alvaro? Think we would be after another prop forward though.
Hollis / Hughes coming through ? Both NSW U18 in 2019. Too soon ?

BTW Oregon and Stefano (bench) played NSW U20's origin last year too.

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/05/22/four-young-eels-selected-in-nsw-u18-mens-squad/

NSW Under-18s Men's squad: Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights); Mitchell Black (Newcastle Knights), Oliver Clements (Central Coast Roosters), Sione Fainu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Matthew Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Max Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Siua Fotu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Noah Griffiths (Bathurst Panthers/Melbourne Storm), David Hollis (Parramatta Eels), Sam Hughes (Parramatta Eels), Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels), Viliami Penisini (Parramatta Eels), Joshua Schuster (Manly), Tyrell Sloan (Illawarra Steelers), Jayden Sullivan (Illawarra Steelers), Jackson Topine (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Ben Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Alec Tuitavake (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders), Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles). Coach: Michael Ennis.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/05/22/four-young-eels-selected-in-nsw-u18-mens-squad/

NSW Under-18s Men's squad: Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights); Mitchell Black (Newcastle Knights), Oliver Clements (Central Coast Roosters), Sione Fainu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Matthew Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Max Feagai (Illawarra Steelers), Siua Fotu (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Noah Griffiths (Bathurst Panthers/Melbourne Storm), David Hollis (Parramatta Eels), Sam Hughes (Parramatta Eels), Trey Mooney (Parramatta Eels), Viliami Penisini (Parramatta Eels), Joshua Schuster (Manly), Tyrell Sloan (Illawarra Steelers), Jayden Sullivan (Illawarra Steelers), Jackson Topine (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Ben Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Alec Tuitavake (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Junior Tupou (Canberra Raiders), Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles). Coach: Michael Ennis.

Given Danny is probably our 7th prop in line this year you could replace him with Hughes or Hollis. As for Evans he's our 3rd prop currently, if we don't re-sign him we'll probably look for an external recruit unless we believe Oregon and Marata are good enough to serve us in that role. In which case I reckon we may look for an external recruit to add some experience to our depth.

emjaycee

Coach
Given Danny is probably our 7th prop in line this year you could replace him with Hughes or Hollis. As for Evans he's our 3rd prop currently, if we don't re-sign him we'll probably look for an external recruit unless we believe Oregon and Marata are good enough to serve us in that role. In which case I reckon we may look for an external recruit to add some experience to our depth.
I hope we extend Evans. He may have started slowly with us but his late 2019 and current 2020 form has been great coming off the bench.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I hope we extend Evans. He may have started slowly with us but his late 2019 and current 2020 form has been great coming off the bench.

Yeah I hope he re-signs. Has been going well and his offloads have really helped us, just finds a way to get his arm over the top of defenders.

lingard

Coach

I hope Penisini makes it to the NRL.

hindy111

Post Whore

We will lose most likely from the middle -
Gower,Terepo,Evan's,Alvaro,Stefano
That is 5 middles. But only one who is part of our best 17.
I would imagine Hollis and Hughes would replace Stefano and Terepo. It still leaves 3 spots to fill. If the price is right Danny and Terepo would be fine aslong as they are happy that far down the pecking order.

eel01s

Bench
I have a mate who is a big Dragons fan. For years he told me stories about Norman's off field activities and laughed. When Norman left us and signed with them all I said was "he's your problem now!"

Norman is a player with the talent to do it all. Unfortunately it's very rare that you can change people's attitudes..

eels_fan

First Grade
Well no Vaughn for the dragons tonight or next week against us, he’s been put into 2 weeks isolation due to breaching the “bubble”.

Avenger

Immortal
I have a mate who is a big Dragons fan. For years he told me stories about Norman's off field activities and laughed. When Norman left us and signed with them all I said was "he's your problem now!"

Norman is a player with the talent to do it all. Unfortunately it's very rare that you can change people's attitudes..
Everyone knows his antics. They are stuff of legend. The guy is a f**kwit and has also badly influenced many of our former premier players.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Hughes looked good at training this week
He's a big bugger
Hey PT&T,
Would you mind sharing how you believe Salmon is going at training?
What position does he usually play in the opposed sessions and thoughts on whether he may get an NRL run at some time.
He was listed in the 21 early in the season but appears to have vanished.
Im a fan of the guy and would love to see him fill in to allow Dylan to recharge the batterys or possibly for Jenko.
Cheers and thanks.

He's been mainly at centre for the year but this week he has been at 5/8
threw a brilliant pass on each day to put a man in a hole.I'd like us to keep him but I'm not sure where he would be best suited.
He has been solid but training the opposed this year is a bit all over the place. I saw one session with Schneider & Hughes as the wingers - & Fergo still didn't score. With depleted squads and injuries they are just putting players of any type where needed. Ryan Carr was the opposing fullback last week
Doubt he will play NRL unless there is a stack of injuries