What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan Confirmed.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don't know how 4 wins out of 12 becomes 5 out of 6, maybe Benny is talking about a different period of time in an alternate universe.

There's a number of contradictions in the article. For a start, he says that Gordon "demands success at the highest level" but McGregor's job is safe because Gordon "sticks to his guns."

If McGregor is a head coach in name only and Gordon has such high standards, then how is McGregor's job safe?

The only thing that made sense was "they don't want to write a cheque out and say see you later." And yet, they repeatedly extended McGregor's contract on the back of a poor track record. Smart business?

And then Toovey weighs in with McGregor's pride and how he would never allow for it. FMD, so he's going to walk away and lose a pay out figure?

“Mary is a proud man he’s doing a good job under the circumstances,” he said. “I think he would have to walk away.”

What nonsense. Plus exactly what are these "circumstances" and what do you rate as a "good job"?

Back door Benny at his best.

I personally liked:
* he (McGregor) has a deal with Andrew Gordon.
* they dont want to write a cheque (who writes cheques these days?)
* McGregor is safe yet the roles (with Flanagan) potentially have been reversed. Its working.....

So basically McGregor has a deal with Andrew that he stays as a coach at the Dragons, albeit as an assistant, just because they dont want to write a cheque.
Definitely a smart business man that Andrew :thinking:

matPORTS

Juniors
I don't know how 4 wins out of 12 becomes 5 out of 6, maybe Benny is talking about a different period of time in an alternate universe.

There's a number of contradictions in the article. For a start, he says that Gordon "demands success at the highest level" but McGregor's job is safe because Gordon "sticks to his guns."

If McGregor is a head coach in name only and Gordon has such high standards, then how is McGregor's job safe?

The only thing that made sense was "they don't want to write a cheque out and say see you later." And yet, they repeatedly extended McGregor's contract on the back of a poor track record. Smart business?

And then Toovey weighs in with McGregor's pride and how he would never allow for it. FMD, so he's going to walk away and lose a pay out figure?

“Mary is a proud man he’s doing a good job under the circumstances,” he said. “I think he would have to walk away.”

What nonsense. Plus exactly what are these "circumstances" and what do you rate as a "good job"?

We went through all this rot with the media in the wash up after the Warriors & Dogs games post the COVID shut down. It's actually quite comical.

The media blowtorch we've all be waiting for doesn't seem to be getting us any closer to the changes that we crave and need as an entity.

The NRL360 crew talk a big game, but Ikin, Kent, Hooper, Rothfield & Crawley all have different sources and differing opinions on the situation. None of them seem to agree on any of the issues, and nor do any of them seem to be seeing what any of us long time supporters see and have discussed across various social platforms for the best part of the last seven years.

Then we get the players (e.g. JG, Benji, Damien Cook - all who've spent time under Mary) chiming in on the agenda. Then we get Toovey & Back Door (plus the likes of Laurie Daley on radio) chiming in as well ("oh he's a good man - roomed with him in Origin / Kangaroos camp"). The opinions never seem to be negative on the bloke and the questions never seem to focus on his ability and short-comings as a first grade coach (just look towards the numbers). Fair enough he probably is a good bloke with the best of intentions. But that doesn't necessarily make you a great coach.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
IF the club wants Flanno as coach and IF he wants the job at the Dragons then yes going back into the NRL for a reduction in his ban makes sense. However, just going back and say that, you let SBW and Leuteli back to play and bent the rules for the youngster at the Rabbits, wont be enough.

Mjab

Juniors
Benny Elias is a f**king dickhead, and I say that as a Wests (formerly Balmain,) Tigers fan. merkin would sell his grandmother if there was a buck to be made in it.

He was a key player in the demise of the leagues club site which was all greed
the Balmain club was screwed over in that deal

matPORTS

Juniors
IF the club wants Flanno as coach and IF he wants the job at the Dragons then yes going back into the NRL for a reduction in his ban makes sense. However, just going back and say that, you let SBW and Leuteli back to play and bent the rules for the youngster at the Rabbits, wont be enough.

There is also no doubt that other clubs are feeling him and his management out as well given the current job vacancies across the competition. He has a lot to gain personally in all of this too.

possm

Coach
Back door Benny at his best.

I personally liked:
* he (McGregor) has a deal with Andrew Gordon.
* they dont want to write a cheque (who writes cheques these days?)
* McGregor is safe yet the roles (with Flanagan) potentially have been reversed. Its working.....

So basically McGregor has a deal with Andrew that he stays as a coach at the Dragons, albeit as an assistant, just because they dont want to write a cheque.
Definitely a smart business man that Andrew :thinking:
I don't buy this idea. Surely the Board knew the repercussions of extending Mary. The real problem is that Gordon is more interested in having a controlling Illawarra influence at the Dragons hence the Millward/Mary continued appointments.

He was a key player in the demise of the leagues club site which was all greed
the Balmain club was screwed over in that deal

Yep. Never forget the merkin standing there at a members day at Concord with his shit eating grin getting people to sign a petition to have the development approved. Convinced the club to sell up, filled his pockets and left a steaming pile of shit. Hopefully Wests Ashfield can salvage what is left and work with whomever manages to get their hands on the site.

George Dragon

Juniors

Excatly everything that I was thinking but didn't have the engery to write.

redv13

Bench
Excatly everything that I was thinking but didn't have the engery to write.
The whole Nrl 360 show is a crock of shit. Doesn’t matter who is on there week to week. Slothfield, Elias, Crawley, Toovey, they are all muppets who talk up the flop. I used to enjoy that show but since mid last year the same rubbish is regurgitated by each one week after week. You’d think Crawley would grow a set of balls and personally go after the flops head after his brother was thrown under the bus last year

qld redvee

Juniors
How long will it take for the NRL to decide to head down to WIN to 'audit " our coaching set up and in particular how much Flanno does.... all the comments last night on 360 will cause something to happen.. BUT as back door benny said " how much coaching is too much for an assisstant coach to coach " which is true just like tomorrow when JD has to take the reins for bennett .. maybe the way out for us is to have supercoach on sick leave so flanno and shep HAVE to take over ...

possm

Coach
How long will it take for the NRL to decide to head down to WIN to 'audit " our coaching set up and in particular how much Flanno does.... all the comments last night on 360 will cause something to happen.. BUT as back door benny said " how much coaching is too much for an assisstant coach to coach " which is true just like tomorrow when JD has to take the reins for bennett .. maybe the way out for us is to have supercoach on sick leave so flanno and shep HAVE to take over ...
Craig Young and Gordon would point out all the reasons why Dean Young should take over. Where is our new CEO, we need someone to convince the NRL to allow Flanno to coach next year?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I like how Benny was saying his good mate Gordon demands success. Umm, well he ain't demanding it now and hasn't for a while by the looks of things unless success to Gordon is not to get a spoon.

Gareth67

First Grade
Benny Elias is a f**king dickhead, and I say that as a Wests (formerly Balmain,) Tigers fan. merkin would sell his grandmother if there was a buck to be made in it.

:laughing: :laughing: Yes he sure as hell is just that Charlatan . Me thinks that the dopey beggar had not only the living crap knocked out of him by the 1980’s ‘ Mr. Nice Guy ‘ Mario Fenech , but also what little greymatter the little turd ever possessed .

Of course that is only my opinion. :flushed:

RedVDave

First Grade
It's to good to be true it won't happen, Mary will narrowly avoid the spoon and be signed to a new monster deal because the circumstances were weally weally tough for him this year and he did his very best which is all we can ask. I mean covid-19 and Jack de Belin and the new 6 again rule he weally weally did his best in such difficult and unprecedented circumstances.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I feel Flanagan will be our head coach, be that next year or 2022.
Looking at the options for him if he wasn't in the Dragons plans:

Roosters - no, even if Robbo retired its pretty clear Fitzy will take over.
Rabbits - no, its already been determined that JD takes over there.
Manly - no, Hasler has that sealed
Penrith - no, Cleary loks set there
Eels - no, Arthur just signed an extension
Dogs - no, they just appointed Barret
Warriors, no they are about to appoint Brown
Knights - no
Titans - no
Sharks - no, i dont think they would have him back anyway.
Tigers - i doubt it
Raiders - no

That leaves:
Broncos - seibold wont survive imo, I think they want Green to take over there
Cowboys - need to appoint a coach now, i doubt Flanno is in the frame
Storm - Bellamy due to retire (or so he says), possible
Dragons - ????

Options are few and far between for Flanagan and i think theres a lot more going on that we arent privy to, yet the signs are there.