What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
Teams generally don't play 3 middles off the bench.
No guarantee Hetherington comes back this year.

Ivan tried to sign him while at the Tigers. He missed out. He signed him next time he was off contract.

He was injured in the pre season yet, after resumption without playing a game he started in round 3.
A middle will make way for him. It won't be Martin.

Let me say I always defer to the position of the coach knows best because basically what would I know. I am just a fan. So at the end of the day if Ivan’s thinks Luke Capewell should come straight back into our side and displace Liam Martin or some other player then who am I to argue. What would I know. I put forward my opinion which is no more worthy than anyone’s else’s on here even if some take me to task for it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Capewell was signed for a reason. I, personally, agree with you. I think Martin will be the one to make way, unfortunately.

Jane, it doesn’t matter why we signed him.

Capewell has played three games, I thought it was two, and for the most part in the games he played was just OK.

You don’t drop players just because he earns more than certain other players, or because of reputation or past performances?

Luke Capewell when and if he returns has to earn his spot in our top 17. He has to earn it that is the key. The players who have got us to where we are now have earned there spots thru performances and frankly I think Liam Martin is potentially a better player anyway going forward.

franklin2323

Immortal
Teams generally don't play 3 middles off the bench.
No guarantee Hetherington comes back this year.

Ivan tried to sign him while at the Tigers. He missed out. He signed him next time he was off contract.

He was injured in the pre season yet, after resumption without playing a game he started in round 3.
Kikau and Martin are both carrying niggles. Burns is not a reliable back up should either go down.
A middle will make way for him. I have no doubt he will be back.

It isn't just niggles. Kikau is better when he has a stint off the field. Then Burns was staying on and giving Martin an early mark.

Luke Capewell when and if he returns has to earn his spot in our top 17. He has to earn it that is the key. The players who have got us to where we are now have earned there spots thru performances and frankly I think Liam Martin is potentially a better player anyway going forward.

How exactly can he earn the spot back when there’s no NSW cup?

Jane Murray

Bench
Jane, it doesn’t matter why we signed him.

Capewell has played three games, I thought it was two, and for the most part in the games he played was just OK.

You don’t drop players just because he earns more than certain other players, or because of reputation or past performances?

Yeah I agree. I just have a feeling that is what Ivan will do.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I am a little disappointed that we have not resigned Chricton Martin etc yet, I hope there are no issues. Can anyone Blade perhaps give us an update.

Jane Murray

Bench
May is not far off.

A few more players they are working on. Burton, Spencer, Luai, etc. A big push to tie up the kids before the vultures can officially circle.

Apart from May, how confident are you, and the club, in them re-signing? Thanks.

Last edited:

Blade23

Juniors
Apart from May, how confidents are you, and the club, in them re-signing? Thanks.

The official word is "We will keep who we want to keep'
Personally I am not worried. We will keep most, if not all.
You will always get a player that will leave for money or a greater opportunity, usually at a weaker club. You can't stop that sometimes. But, we have the right people negotiating and we are on the verge of something special.

franklin2323

Immortal
The official word is "We will keep who we want to keep'
Personally I am not worried. We will keep most, if not all.
You will always get a player that will leave for money or a greater opportunity, usually at a weaker club. You can't stop that sometimes. But, we have the right people negotiating and we are on the verge of something special.

Those guys being close off the field will help

Status
Not open for further replies.