What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vaughan

TruSaint

Referee
Vaughan's stupidity confirmed by Dragons.
Dragons statement - Paul Vaughan

Author
Dragons.com.audragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 6 Aug 2020, 12:55 PM
St George Illawarra have confirmed Dragons front-rower Paul Vaughan broke the NRL's Covid-19 biosecurity measures on Thursday morning.

The Dragons are disappointed with Vaughan's conduct and are working with the NRL and Project Apollo to determine his availability for the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Sydney Roosters.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...xByD9diEcJtCciL4Wmh5U-LU1UxvkRWe8NHd2cg8ATPRg

What a fool.
Seriously let down by this.

People doing it a lot tougher out there than footy players, and vast majority do the right thing. Selfish act on behalf of who i thought was a leader.

Crush

Coach
What a fool.
Seriously let down by this.

People doing it a lot tougher out there than footy players, and vast majority do the right thing. Selfish act on behalf of who i thought was a leader.
Never liked him.
Cream puff.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Never liked him.
Cream puff.
if its proved he was meeting with player manager/s esp on game day , he should be punted immediately...never been a fan of his ..tends to be more of a personal stats player ie Gallen , than one that you want in the trenches with fighting for your life
Great opp for Ellis and Co to show up on the big stage

TruSaint

Referee
if its proved he was meeting with player manager/s esp on game day , he should be punted immediately...never been a fan of his ..tends to be more of a personal stats player ie Gallen , than one that you want in the trenches with fighting for your life

Have you heard thats what he was doing, i.e meeting with player manager ?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Vaughan's stupidity confirmed by Dragons.
Dragons statement - Paul Vaughan

Author
Dragons.com.audragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 6 Aug 2020, 12:55 PM
St George Illawarra have confirmed Dragons front-rower Paul Vaughan broke the NRL's Covid-19 biosecurity measures on Thursday morning.

The Dragons are disappointed with Vaughan's conduct and are working with the NRL and Project Apollo to determine his availability for the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Sydney Roosters.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/202...xByD9diEcJtCciL4Wmh5U-LU1UxvkRWe8NHd2cg8ATPRg

Thanks George- the inescapable conclusion is that Vaughan has joined the growing list of SGI players who are now more concerned with job security than biosecurity.

possm

Coach
Gordon should step down as chairman of the Board and sell his hares to St George Leagues Club. Then change the rules so that members of the Leagues Club are also members of the Football Club and are entitiled to vote at Football Club AGMs.

The Directors of St George Football Club will then become accountable and fans would flock to join the Leagues Club to have their say each year.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Have you heard thats what he was doing, i.e meeting with player manager ?
First word ...IF
there have been murmors around him and others wanting out at the Dragons for weeks...
that aside , such a dumb and costly error , to put his club/team mates in for such an experienced player

TruSaint

Referee
First word ...IF
there have been murmors around him and others wanting out at the Dragons for weeks...
that aside , such a dumb and costly error , to put his club/team mates in for such an experienced player

I simply asked the question, as that's not anywhere in the reports.
IF as you say he did so, then he can join a massive que and fook off.

possm

Coach
I'd like to see both Ellis and Blacker brought into the 17 and stay there for the remainder of the season. If we could get these two to fire, we may just have a new look side in 2021 with pride, enthusiasm and energy.

In my opinion, we need a very strong 17 with juniors filling the reserve side positions. Let us get rid of the fringe journeymen type players.

Dragons4me

Juniors

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

SAP58

Juniors
Its dumb by him, no doubt. But the club and its owners only have themselves to blame. Little wonder there is player unrest when they won't dispose of a useless coach and give them better direction. The club is a shambles
Totally agree & Benny’s comments on Fox 360 don’t help, quoting his “good mate” & Board Member. I can only hope Benny as usual is talking out of another orifice, and simply big noting himself which he is very good at.

Wolfgang ofihd

Juniors
Very disappointing. Gives opportunities for others to showcase their talents. Anyone thinking Paul vaughan isn't a gun prop has NFI about footy.

getsmarty

Immortal
August 6 2020 - 11:47PM
McGregor not mincing words on Vaughan breach
Dragons Den
r0_20_4422_3184_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NOT HAPPY: Paul McGregor didn't hide his disappointment after prop Paul Vaughan was stood down for breaching COVID-19 restrictions on Thursday. Picture: NRL Imagery
DRAGONS coach Paul McGregor revealed he hadn't spoken to stood-down star Paul Vaughan in the lead-up to Thursday's loss to the Roosters, but made no effort to hide his disappointment with his star prop's actions.

Vaughan found himself at the centre of a storm on Thursday after going out for breakfast in contravention of the NRL's strict biosecurity protocols amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

It saw him immediately ordered into a 14-day quarantine period, forcing him out of the 24-16 loss to the Roosters and also ruling him out of next Friday's clash with Parramatta.

It was a disruption the Dragons could ill-afford with their finals hopes hanging by a thread, and McGregor didn't mince words in the aftermath to Thursday's defeat.

"We're well aware of what our responsibilities are, we talk about it consistently, so there's no reason for it other than it was selfish behaviour really," McGregor said.

"I haven't spoken to him. We've got a WhatsApp group and I explained the punishment that's been handed to him by the NRL, then concentrated on what we needed to do today.

"It's not what you need from one of your senior players, someone that's important to your footy team. It's disappointing if it was anyone. It's just a behaviour that you shouldn't do.

"We spoke about (doing) whatever it takes and doing the right thing by one another, making sacrifices and that's just one of them. The game's done a lot to get back going so we've got to be respectful of that."

Vaughan's presence was sorely missed in the middle of the park, with Siosiua Taukeiaho producing a dominant 80-minute effort in the absence of a number of other stars.

The Dragons forwards depth will be tested further in the coming weeks, with Tariq Sims leaving the field midway through the second half with a shoulder injury.

Young-gun Jackson Ford could also be looking at enforced stint on the sideline after being placed on report for an ugly looking trip on Roosters star Luke Keary,

"I did see it, the leg went out, no one was hurt, he didn't hit him so I'm not sure what will happen there," McGregor said.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...-not-mincing-words-on-vaughan-breach/?cs=3713

proxy-image

Drakon

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/ac90f906818d019d59a737271001dc41

NRL stars involved in dramatic sea rescue of mother and son
NRL PREMIERSHIP

simon_brunsdon.jpg

47a7d4ff6db0be6ab014a85715d5e9b9

Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Paul Vaughan together in NSW Blues camp.Source: AAP
NRL opponents Reagan Campbell-Gillard and Paul Vaughan were involved in the dramatic rescue of a mother and son who got into trouble in surf over the weekend.

In a message posted to the Shellharbour Surf Lifesaving Club’s Facebook page, Peter Gavin thanked the one-time NSW Blues Origin teammates “for assisting our patrol to rescue a mother and son who got into trouble in the rip to the north of the flags”.

The two rugby league props were first to reach the mother and son and then they were assisted by members of the lifesaving club.

St George Illawarra confirmed to foxsports.com.au the incident happened but Vaughan chose not to speak about it publicly.

The pair are mates off the field but adversaries on it, with Vaughan leading the Dragons pack and Campbell-Gillard last year becoming one of Parramatta’s best and most important players.

The Eels and Dragons squared off in a trial on Thursday but neither Vaughan or Campbell-Gillard featured on the field.