What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R13 Sat - Panthers 28-12 Raiders @ Panthers

Round 13: Panthers v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
With less than 60 hours until kick off, the Raiders team & their Sherpa's are probably being loaded on the bullock wagons for the arduous journey up the Hume as we speak. Meanwhile the Panthers are being treated to extra massages paid for from the proceeds of selling the team bus which is no longer required due to every game for the foreseeable future a leisurely stroll from Penrith. Matt Nable has been kind enough to do a bit of a match up promotion, but its shit, so how do they really match up?

Caleb Aekins vs Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
Caleb wont lose you a game, but he certainly wont win you one either. CNK is back from his nasty dislocation this week & will give poor Aekins the finger.

Josh Mansour vs Nick Cotric
Sauce is still making good metres from kick returns, but couldnt score at Nathans house. Bae Cotric is killing it & gets the chocolates here.

Brent Naden vs Curtis Scott
Curtis is lucky not to be matched up with Uncle Malcolm instead of Brent. If Curtis doesnt find some of his Storm form Brent will do to him what Uncle did to the cops.

Stephen Crichton vs Jarrod Croker
BYC up against Other BYC. OBYC is having a great year, but up against the old stager this week. Should be a good battle.

Malakai Watene-Zelezniak vs Jordan Rapana
Dynamic game breaker without a brain up against a squad filler with one. Could go either way.

Jarome Luai vs Jack Wighton
Luai has been showing why Ivan gave him the nod over Burton but Simple Jack keeps on proving you don't need brains to play footy. Someone will find Luai bloodied & beaten on the footpath outside the Paceway in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Nathan Cleary vs George Williams
Williams came back in round 3 looking like the next Joey Johns. He has not hit those heights again but must be doing something right steering the team around with no Hodgson. Meanwhile "Clunge" Cleary is in career best form & will need a bigger house to fit in all the tic tok girls when the covid bubble finally bursts. The Chin by a Nose.

James Tamou vs Josh Papali'i
As Matt Nable wisely told us, You. Dont. Mess. with. Josh Papalií. The Easter Island Statue will give it his best shot and make it a contest, but Nable is actually on the money this time.

Apisai Koroisau vs Siliva Havili
Stop the fight. Havili is doing a great job filling in, but Api makes me happy.

James Fisher-Harris vs Dunamis Lui
JFH in his 100th NRL game should be primed for a big game. Given what he has been doing in the other games this could get ugly.

Viliame Kikau vs John Bateman
2 of the best back rowers in the comp. Both very different as to what they bring to the team. This could be the match up of the round. Too close to call

Liam Martin vs Elliott Whitehead
Young Liam has been going great the past month or so & is developing into a fine player. Whitehead is already a fine player & experience gets him the nod here.

Isaah Yeo vs Hudson Young
People are finally starting to realise what every Panthers supporter has known for years. The thinking man's Boyd Cordner is one of the best players in the game. Poor Hudson might as well stay home.

Tyrone May vs Tom Starling
Starling to star in Tyrone's next WhatsApp production as "The Ratbag"

Spencer Leniu vs Joseph Tapine
Leniu is an exciting prospect, but Tapine has been doing it longer.

Moses Leota vs Ryan Sutton
Leota is having his best season so far coming in & going like a bull at a gate in limited minutes. Seems to have cut out the dumb errors too. Sutton seems like a good player, but I haven't really watched him that closely to make in informed decision on this one

Zane Tetevano vs Corey Harawira-Naera
CHN will be better for last weeks run & has a lot to prove. Bloody good player & as much as I have liked what Zane has bought to Penrith, I'd swap them in a heartbeat.

Can't wait for kickoff.

shear_joy9

Coach
chin.png

shear_joy9

Coach
Brent Naden vs Curtis Scott
Curtis is lucky not to be matched up with Uncle Malcolm instead of Brent. If Curtis doesnt find some of his Storm form Brent will do to him what Uncle did to the cops.

Stephen Crichton vs Jarrod Croker
BYC up against Other BYC. OBYC is having a great year, but up against the old stager this week. Should be a good battle.

You've got them mixed up. Crichton is on Scott. Add Kikau running down the left and it's going to be a bloodbath.

My feeling is CNK won't play and he really shouldn't be risked.

I'll take simple Jack and George over Cleary and Luai any day. Cleary is damn lucky to have Koro mask his inept attacking ability

soc123_au

Staff member
You've got them mixed up. Crichton is on Scott. Add Kikau running down the left and it's going to be a bloodbath.

My feeling is CNK won't play and he really shouldn't be risked.

I'll take simple Jack and George over Cleary and Luai any day. Cleary is damn lucky to have Koro mask his inept attacking ability

I was surprised to see CNK named tbh. That finger looked terrible when he he injured it. If he does play I imagine he will get plenty of kicks coming at him.

Have you watched Cleary play lately? He is looking much sharper attack wise than he has since NYC. Api is a massive boost obviously, but Nathan is doing plenty of the good stuff off his own bat.

The_Frog

First Grade
I was surprised to see CNK named tbh. That finger looked terrible when he he injured it. If he does play I imagine he will get plenty of kicks coming at him.

Have you watched Cleary play lately? He is looking much sharper attack wise than he has since NYC. Api is a massive boost obviously, but Nathan is doing plenty of the good stuff off his own bat.
Trent Merrin had a similar in jury and played the next week. Trent wasn't trying to catch huge Nathan Cleary bombs though.

shear_joy9

Coach
So you've been saying all year. And yet the wins keep coming and they've had to take points off him to stop him winning the Dally M.

he's not a bad player, just a hooker/lock masquerading as a halfback. Not surprised with all the dally m votes. He gets heaped with praise even when he f**ks up.

shear_joy9

Coach

just another Pearce with an extra 100 inside passes each game

Fangs

Coach
Looking forward to popping the arrogant Raiders bubble this week.

Blah blah we are disadvantaged blah blah.

The_Frog

First Grade
he's not a bad player, just a hooker/lock masquerading as a halfback.
You're not the first to say this by any means, and I agree he'd make an excellent 9, but at the current time like it or not there is not a 7 in the game who can get close. He had the better of the second best, who did play well, last weekend. Having a dominant forward pack no doubt helps.

mongoose

Coach
Wighton was abysmal last week after expressing his distaste for the Raiders indigenous jersey. Expecting him to have a big game with an early kick out on the full to confuse the Panthers.

Fangs

Coach
I pray to Allah that the Raiders make it here alive. Such is the difficulty of their journey on the motorway.

BadnMean

Juniors
Wighton was abysmal last week after expressing his distaste for the Raiders indigenous jersey. Expecting him to have a big game with an early kick out on the full to confuse the Panthers.

I always hear Raiders fans moaning about Jack's kicking... but he has less kick errors this season than Cleary, DCE or Moses, despite having played 2 or 3 more games this season than any of them (injury, suspension etc). It's like we think players at other clubs never make an error.

Latest posts