What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Might be Fifita’s last year with us.

Frenzy.

Immortal
FFS what is wrong with people. Where's this $750k assumption coming from? Just because that is what Tamou is reported to be on now doesn't make it current market value. He knows he's not getting that at 32. The Sharks know he's not getting that. Everyone here knows he won't get it but you harp on it over and over like it's a fait accompli.

Look at what other twilight players are getting. Josh and Brett Morris for example. Playing for peanuts, about $250,000 each isn't it?

For the record, IMO, I agree he is not worth anywhere near the figures bandied about but seriously, do you all think everyone involved thinks with the narrow, pea headed, fart brained thoughts as happens in here.

Inferno

Coach
FFS what is wrong with people. Where's this $750k assumption coming from? Just because that is what Tamou is reported to be on now doesn't make it current market value. He knows he's not getting that at 32. The Sharks know he's not getting that. Everyone here knows he won't get it but you harp on it over and over like it's a fait accompli.

Look at what other twilight players are getting. Josh and Brett Morris for example. Playing for peanuts, about $250,000 each isn't it?

For the record, IMO, I agree he is not worth anywhere near the figures bandied about but seriously, do you all think everyone involved thinks with the narrow, pea headed, fart brained thoughts as happens in here.

How much would you sign him for and for how long?

Chimp

Bench
Pangai-Jnr is looking for a way out of the Broncos, if we’ve got 750k for Tamou, I’d prefer to throw it at TPJ.

Yeah, he’s inconsistent and a bit of a disciplinary nightmare, but he has far more upside than Tamou. If you can get him to channel is aggression sensibly, he’s an absolute weapon.

bluefox68

Staff member
Pangai-Jnr is looking for a way out of the Broncos, if we’ve got 750k for Tamou, I’d prefer to throw it at TPJ.

Yeah, he’s inconsistent and a bit of a disciplinary nightmare, but he has far more upside than Tamou. If you can get him to channel is aggression sensibly, he’s an absolute weapon.
I have never been a Tamou fan - BUT - trying to trust people with more footy smarts than me - if we sign him it will be for the ‘old level head’ reason.

Pangai Jr. is the polar opposite!

bluefox68

Staff member
PLUS - he’s got 2 more years to run on his contract.

What a Wayne Carr...!!!

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
TPJ? f**k no.

The bloke is incredibly overrated and does nothing except put on cheap shots and be the perennial third man in to most tackles. Sure his got an offload in him but so does Tamou.

I’d rather almost any other forward in the comp than that grub. Dirty dirty player.

Sharkman

Juniors
$750k for Tamou, go jump!

I don’t give a f**k how well he’s going for Penrith, he’s a 32 old prop, not Nathan Cleary FFS!

$400k, I’d think about it.

It’s what Always comes down to, isn’t it?

paying the “right” amount of money to the right player....

Tamou would be great, at a greatly reduced salary to what he’s getting now.

If it’s full freight or close to it, there would be other old, experienced war horses we could get.

Version IV

Juniors
The key is no rush on replacement, there is coaching changes at clubs, players will be offloaded it's it's for money, upto 2016 that's when the club picked up players on cheap freight being paid.
I hope Bomber can get us that type of player.
What is missing this end of season is no looking at lower grades for a Royce Hunt style, we just wait and watch when coaches get finalised it may well be buyers market for us.
Maybe we even look at a english forward we haven't had one in a while

Frenzy.

Immortal
TPJ? f**k no.

The bloke is incredibly overrated and does nothing except put on cheap shots and be the perennial third man in to most tackles. Sure his got an offload in him but so does Tamou.

I’d rather almost any other forward in the comp than that grub. Dirty dirty player.

You don't like winning?

chewsta

First Grade
Tamou has been a beast for the Pennies this year. Actually he hasn't been too far off this years form, the last couple of years. Very big, mobile, has an offload and can bash merkins. He would be a great addition to the forward rotation of animals Bomber has going on currently. It's a yes from me.

TPJ? f**k no.

Agreed TPJ’s great games you can count on one hand.

Just look at what he has produced this season.

For the most part he goes missing in games and then will try to put on a big shot and more often than not does something illegal and gets suspended.

Payne Haas & David Fifita are gun players however.

They are the ones the Broncos should have locked up long term and let Pangai go.

Inferno

Coach
250-300 on a 1 x 1 TO

And there is the rub. No one here would criticise signing him under those conditions.

But what do you think the odds are of him taking a 50% paycut on his current salary?

If we go after him as a replacement for Fifita, he's going to want most if not all of Fifita's cash or at least match his existing salary which in my view is overs.

Frenzy.

Immortal
PLUS - he’s got 2 more years to run on his contract.

What a Wayne Carr...!!!
And there is the rub. No one here would criticise signing him under those conditions.

But what do you think the odds are of him taking a 50% paycut on his current salary?

If we go after him as a replacement for Fifita, he's going to want most if not all of Fifita's cash or at least match his existing salary which in my view is overs.

Pretty good. His current contract is irrelevant. It's ending. His market value changes with that. They are all mostly on pay cuts due to COVID anyway so I doubt he's even on the mythical $750,000.

Also what he wants and what he gets is 2 different things. Don't forget Fifita is on a 6 figure pay cut himself. The money won't be there for a large contract. At any club.

Latest posts