What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown return to NRL confirmed

gregstar

Referee
That's never stopped you before! And since when has the scumnulla ever been financially responsible!
"paging doctor edelsten. doctor edelsten, you are required in surgery. doctor edelsten."
Geoffrey_Edelsten.jpg

605380-geoffrey-edelsten-helicopter-crash.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
Greg Prichard is suggesting Brown is headed back our way. Based on... not much real substance at all. Still, it's enough to comfortably pad out a 500 word article by deadline

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ow-gasnier-back-to-dragons-20100512-uvgc.html

Brown could follow Gasnier back to Dragons

GREG PRICHARD

May 13, 2010

DRAGONS fans wouldn't be surprised if Nathan Brown made a re-entry to the NRL coaching ranks as an assistant to Wayne Bennett next year.
Brown yesterday announced he would finish up as coach of English club Huddersfield at the end of this season - a year ahead of his contract running out - and return to Australia for family reasons. The development immediately prompted speculation as to where Brown might end up, since he wants to continue his coaching career, with several clubs mentioned as possibilities for head coaching or assistant roles.

One of those clubs, Cronulla, was linked with Brown earlier this season, but at the time Sharks chairman Damian Irvine vehemently denied Brown was being headhunted to replace Ricky Stuart next year. And Brown said yesterday he was starting from scratch on the job front.
''Despite what's been written by some, I don't have a job to go to nor have I even spoken to anyone back home about employment,'' Brown said. ''This decision is not about my professional life, it's about my family's life.''
Asked yesterday if anything had changed at the Sharks, the club's chief executive, Richard Fisk, said: ''We have never contacted Nathan. He's not on our radar.''
South Sydney is another club that has been thrown up, but John Lang is contracted until the end of next year, and when asked about Brown, the club's chief executive, Shane Richardson, replied: ''We've had no contact with Nathan and we've got no plans in that area.''
Sydney Roosters have been touted as a possibility for Brown as an assistant, since he has a good relationship with Roosters coach Brian Smith, who coached Brown at St George. But when asked yesterday, Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce said he couldn't see Brown being sought by the club.
Brown coached the Dragons for six years, from 2003. Six-time premiership-winning coach Bennett, who is contracted until the end of next year, is obviously under no threat, but there are two reasons the idea of Brown going there as an assistant shapes as a possibility.
Bennett and Brown have a good relationship, with great respect for each other, and Brown remains a favourite son of the Dragons. It isn't far-fetched to think the Dragons could put him on and give him the chance to learn from Bennett, with the possibility he could be considered for the top job when the super coach moves on.
Coincidentally, in an interview with the Herald two weeks ago, Bennett was favourable in his comments regarding Brown, when he talked about what shape the club was in when he took over at the end of 2008.
''I think Nathan Brown did a great job here,'' Bennett said at the time. ''He got a lot of criticism, but I think he did a lot better job than people give him credit for.
''I walked into a club that wasn't a basket case, I can tell you, and that has helped enormously.''

boxa777

Coach
Greg Prichard is suggesting Brown is headed back our way. Based on... not much real substance at all. Still, it's enough to comfortably pad out a 500 word article by deadline

Akin to completing a multiple choice exam and eliminating all the definite no's and then finishing up with a guess of C.

getsmarty

Immortal
New Zealand Warriors poised to announce Nathan Brown as new NRL coach

0:51 | 7NEWS

The New Zealand Warriors are poised to announce Nathan Brown as the club’s next head coach, according to 7NEWS chief league reporter Michelle Bishop.

The decision comes after caretaker coach Todd Payten turned down an offer to stay on for 2021 and beyond.

Wayne Bennett’s name was also raised as a potential option but the Warriors have moved quickly to secure Brown.

New Zealand will become Brown’s third NRL coaching gig and fifth at the top level.

The 47-year-old left the Newcastle Knights towards the end of the 2019 season, having failed to lead the club to the finals.

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-le...ounce-nathan-brown-as-new-nrl-coach-c-1221705

Dragon David

First Grade
Every bottom for club is doing everything to change and rebuild but we are content where we are.
Our board don't know the meaning of the word "change". They just like things the way they are. No need to panic and stress ourselves they say.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Good move by the Warriors and their rebuild and rise will happen under Brownies watch.
I’m so jealous as our club sink below the surface of mediocrity.