What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Como Connection

First Grade
just wasted 4 minutes listening to the preview from supercoach
He admitted that norman has been below form for a while and by being dropped he can work on what is needed from him .Then a clanger he was asked if he was dropped due to souths game - supercoach came back with " you dont make selection changes on a week " -- funny how duffty / zac/ garrick and many others have been shunted on 1 game ... he admitted the bench was mismanaged last week but waffled on about the amount of stoppages had caused this - mentioned vaughan on for first 40 but then to cover himself says the players wanted to stay on and play ,, then does the i / we / could have done better .. Includes sailors 14 minute cameo with I / we could have put him on longer ..
with selections etc he leads with I thought and then swiftly corrects to we thought ..

i hope flanno can get that exemption for next year
So do I, he's the coach I want.
CC

just wasted 4 minutes listening to the preview from supercoach
He admitted that norman has been below form for a while and by being dropped he can work on what is needed from him .Then a clanger he was asked if he was dropped due to souths game - supercoach came back with " you dont make selection changes on a week " -- funny how duffty / zac/ garrick and many others have been shunted on 1 game ... he admitted the bench was mismanaged last week but waffled on about the amount of stoppages had caused this - mentioned vaughan on for first 40 but then to cover himself says the players wanted to stay on and play ,, then does the i / we / could have done better .. Includes sailors 14 minute cameo with I / we could have put him on longer ..
with selections etc he leads with I thought and then swiftly corrects to we thought ..

i hope flanno can get that exemption for next year

Thanks for posting.

McFlip just asked propaganda to wipe the dust of a Preview game from last year and slot it in for this round.

Then he can back to his day job of mixing chemicals up in his garage and flogging them to pensioners for 5000% mark up.

getsmarty

Immortal
FLANNO COULD MAKE COACHING COMEBACK IN 2021

The rumblings are growing louder by the day about Shane Flanagan making another push to be allowed to return as an NRL head coach next season.

Flanagan is gaining huge support among the St George Illawarra playing group in his role as an assistant and is tipped to again push to be allowed back next year.

The development most likely spells bad news for St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor who has already had much of his power stripped at the Dragons.

f8db81d21cca5ce22ed4a676d01b598e

Dragons assistant coach Shane Flanagan could be in line for an early reprieve on his NRL head coaching banSource: AAP
Mary has been under enormous pressure since losing the opening four matches of the season and being forced to adopt a four-man selection committee to pick the Dragons best side every week.

Flanagan was deregistered indefinitely at the end of 2018 after being found to have broken the terms of his 12-month ban in 2014 over the Sharks peptides scandal.

But the Dragons assistant coach enjoys enormous high-profile support from influential figures in Sydney and successfully campaigned to have his indefinite ban reduced.

The NRL opted to allow Flanagan to return as an assistant coach this year with the caveat he is still banned from being a head coach until 2022.

But on the back of the changes made for Sonny Bill Williams, Ricky Leutele and Joseph Suaalii in the past week, expect Flanagan to also make a strong pitch to return next year.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/14d9e3e5a03b885663f9b24a710ebe92

P.S Thankyou @Elias1983

getsmarty

Immortal
Who’s really the head coach? Legend suggests Flanagan is pulling the strings at Dragons
Dragons
89b62f755d38eac580d70ef34d403eb7

Dragons coach Paul McGregor and Dragons assistant coach Shane FlanaganSource: Getty Images
Tigers great Benny Elias has suggested that Paul McGregor is no longer leading the Dragons coaching, implying that Shane Flanagan is now running the show at St George Illawarra.

Flanagan was brought in during the off-season as an assistant to help McGregor who has struggled to get the Dragons’ big-name roster firing.

The ex-Sharks coach, however, is not allowed to take a role as a head coach due to an NRL ban.

Elias insists that Flanagan is in charge in all but name and has highlighted why McGregor is under no threat of being sacked.

“He’s safe as houses because they don't want to write a cheque out and say see you later,” Elias told NRL360.

781901_640x360_large_20200805192847.jpg

Who is in charge at Dragons?

“I’m very good friends with the chairman Andrew Gordon, he’s a very good bloke and a smart man.

“He’s a bloke who sticks to his guns, they make a decision they stick to it.

“I don’t think he’s happy at all he demands success at the highest level, he [McGregor] is safe because he’s committed and he’s abided to his deal with the bloke.

“Shane Flanagan is his offsider. I think Flanagan would have a lot more influence now as an assistant and he’ll have a lot more to do with the coaching in the top grade.

“It makes sense, Flanagan has won a premiership and has the ability and responsibility and knowledge to win a premiership.

“Reverse the position. McGregor you’re the assistant, Flanagan you’re the coach. I think potentially it may have happened. It’s been working, they’ve won five out of six.”

Former Manly coach Geoff Toovey said such a situation would see McGregor quit.

“Mary is a proud man he’s doing a good job under the circumstances,” he said. “I think he would have to walk away.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/61f1cd4be5f604d090e2901604e2ab6d

They fought back bravely in the second quarter, i was hoping they could kick on.

Half time comes and that’s the end of the battle.

There’s no composure out there, they can’t handle pressure or broken play very well.

Robbo nailed his rotations and had his game breakers chiming in perfectly. Their depth is well known.

You had them all but rogered at half time.

Mary just can’t build this mental discipline into the side, they can’t adapt very well.

You see these flashes of silky quality, genuine threat and then it all evaporates and they turn to jelly.

Even the try at the 80th was almost botched, but this effort was better placed at the 60th minute mark to keep you alive.

It must be pretty frustrating. Vaughn is not the player he was. He’s probably grateful he wasn’t part of that second half tiring surrender.

Sometimes these are the hardest games to lose. The ones you can win. You can almost taste it. You were winning.

Wtf did Mcflog say to them at half time to turn them off. They were going ok. There’s the evidence. Clear as day, he mangled their heads and stuffed everything up.

Probably more of his corporate psycho babble shiz.

Thanks Mary.

Robbos team rarely fold. They find it unnatural.

If you’d swapped coaches at half time, you would have seen the job through.

This Year?

Immortal
I honestly have nothing.
Just like the dumb f**k that's so called coaching this club. How the hell could they not be up for this contest going into half time at 10 all then come out and put "that" into the 2nd half just bemuses me.
Surely this team has more than bomb and hope or give it to Lomax and hope.

It's utterly embarrassing as a supporter. I actually feel for those people that give their hard earned and sit in the cold to watch that. f**k it was painful watching at home. People can say all they like about the players, but its up to the coach to motivate them and provide a gameplan. How can someone who supposedly does so much video think that bombing and hoping would actually come up with a result.

The irony was the bomb ended our season.

Thanks Paul, well done on ruining yet another season.

Who’s really the head coach? Legend suggests Flanagan is pulling the strings at Dragons
Dragons
89b62f755d38eac580d70ef34d403eb7

Dragons coach Paul McGregor and Dragons assistant coach Shane FlanaganSource: Getty Images
Tigers great Benny Elias has suggested that Paul McGregor is no longer leading the Dragons coaching, implying that Shane Flanagan is now running the show at St George Illawarra.

Flanagan was brought in during the off-season as an assistant to help McGregor who has struggled to get the Dragons’ big-name roster firing.

The ex-Sharks coach, however, is not allowed to take a role as a head coach due to an NRL ban.

Elias insists that Flanagan is in charge in all but name and has highlighted why McGregor is under no threat of being sacked.

“He’s safe as houses because they don't want to write a cheque out and say see you later,” Elias told NRL360.

781901_640x360_large_20200805192847.jpg

Who is in charge at Dragons?

“I’m very good friends with the chairman Andrew Gordon, he’s a very good bloke and a smart man.

“He’s a bloke who sticks to his guns, they make a decision they stick to it.

“I don’t think he’s happy at all he demands success at the highest level, he [McGregor] is safe because he’s committed and he’s abided to his deal with the bloke.

“Shane Flanagan is his offsider. I think Flanagan would have a lot more influence now as an assistant and he’ll have a lot more to do with the coaching in the top grade.

“It makes sense, Flanagan has won a premiership and has the ability and responsibility and knowledge to win a premiership.

“Reverse the position. McGregor you’re the assistant, Flanagan you’re the coach. I think potentially it may have happened. It’s been working, they’ve won five out of six.”

Former Manly coach Geoff Toovey said such a situation would see McGregor quit.

“Mary is a proud man he’s doing a good job under the circumstances,” he said. “I think he would have to walk away.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...0/news-story/61f1cd4be5f604d090e2901604e2ab6d

“Mary is a proud man“

Too proud to take a pay cut when the latest stats today say there’s 13% unemployment and rising.

According to mez he’s worth every last cent of his $15k a week.

thebigredv

First Grade
“Mary is a proud man“

Too proud to take a pay cut when the latest stats today say there’s 13% unemployment and rising.

According to mez he’s worth every last cent of his $15k a week.

Is that the Mez that was hugging and laughing with Mary before kick off? Or the Mez that dropped the ball cold when we looked set to take the lead before the break? Or the Mez that does nothing but plod all night long?

Individuals like these two have leached off a once great club for their own benefit sucking us completely dry of success as a by-product and they have the nerve to get behind one another and feed us garbage on and off the field.

My St Kilda have shot to second tonight. They haven't won a comp in my lifetime. They will have won a couple before we ever see the back of this absolute parasite. Thank goodness I have something else to turn to.

It was not that long ago that each time the Dragons lost a game that I would feel gutted .
But that feeling is no longer there , a definitive indication that the Big Red V is nothing team .

A lot of people are just shrugging their shoulders, waiting patiently for change.

The kids at work love their Saints, one of them just has head down a lot when we discuss the last game.

And he knows about everything we discuss without even being on forum.

He’s supposed to be at desk working and he’s got one eye on the nrl on a big day such as the recent Saab day. I’m his senior and all that but I turn a blind eye to this etc, because he’s a good kind of kid and he’s suffering like many others.

But it can only get better I think. There’s a song about that!

Hang in there.