What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Todd Payten.

Rich102

Staff member
Going to be a tense wait to hear the outcome of his bid to become the Cowboy's coach.
Has another year on his contract here but could be gone by season's end.

Meth

Staff member
Release him from his contract if he gets the job IMO. I doubt Brown is going to want him hanging around.

Wish him well, especially under these circumstances

JJ

Immortal
Yeah given what they have at their disposal I’d take Holbrook or Payten 50:50

Cleary is probably the coach of the year
I would go for Holbrook. Another good game from the Titans this weekend. I get that somebody like Bellamy or Cleary is a good coach, but it is a much more impressive feat turning a struggling team around than running a star-studded one, and it should be recognised; although I suppose you could say Cleary did this as well to an extent.

Penrose_11

Juniors
although I suppose you could say Cleary did this as well to an extent.

I’d go Cleary. Penny Panthers finished 10th last year so to have them on top within 12 months shows good coaching and structures. Also lost bunch of rep experience including Maloney, RCG, Waqa Blake, DWZ and several others. Also last year gave up 474 points at -61 net and this year gave up just 238 at +299. Who says defence doesn’t win games?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's Cleary. You can't ignore the incredible season they've had. Obviously Holybrook, Payten, Bellamy, Arthur right up there as well.

On Payten, I think there's been enough happen to suggest he's absolutely turned our club around. I know we didn't make finals but there's a sense of optimism, a development of players in key positions, and a level of depth that really have been unprecedented in the last 10 years. That optimism sure wasn't there in May. Maybe we don't sign AFB, Aitken etc if we're still going busted as we expected to during the first half of the season. It feels incredibly disappointing to lose him but I feel like even for his short time we've reaped some significant rewards.

TheDMC

Bench
It's Cleary. You can't ignore the incredible season they've had. Obviously Holybrook, Payten, Bellamy, Arthur right up there as well.

On Payten, I think there's been enough happen to suggest he's absolutely turned our club around. I know we didn't make finals but there's a sense of optimism, a development of players in key positions, and a level of depth that really have been unprecedented in the last 10 years. That optimism sure wasn't there in May. Maybe we don't sign AFB, Aitken etc if we're still going busted as we expected to during the first half of the season. It feels incredibly disappointing to lose him but I feel like even for his short time we've reaped some significant rewards.

Yes to this. Cleary by a mile. Holbrook and Payten did well.
Gosh I hope Brown can build on the good culture, toughness, and the bit of flair we have seen in the warriors the backend of the year. What a bummer to lose Payten now as hard to imagine he wouldn't have the team humming next year.

Latest posts