What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown return to NRL confirmed

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Brown is obviously good at recruiting but his coaching record was poor at Newcastle and at the Dragons where he had a fabulous roster.
Warriors need discipline which Brown willl not bring as he is too interested in the races.

Coffs dragon

Bench
It's a coaches graveyard and i dare him to slap one of their Polynesian forwards and sees what happens ! it will end it tears
I can never see Brownie repeating that incident. Not a total coaches graveyard as it seemed to catapult Ivan Cleary on to bigger and better things in a decent coaching career. John Monie & Daniel Anderson seemed to have some decent level of success in the UK as well. The rest were just bloody ordinary coaching appointments.

SAP58

Juniors
I wish Brownie well if the reports are correct. I believe he is a lot better coach now than he was when with us and his job at Newcastle was to build a team. Newcastle was not an easy gig even "super coach" Bennett failed there. Unfortunately by the time McCovid leaves us we will be in such bad shape it will take several years for us to recover.

TruSaint

Referee
I can never see Brownie repeating that incident. Not a total coaches graveyard as it seemed to catapult Ivan Cleary on to bigger and better things in a decent coaching career. John Monie & Daniel Anderson seemed to have some decent level of success in the UK as well. The rest were just bloody ordinary coaching appointments.

Yep,
Brownie did quite well in the UK as well. Decent record over there.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well now as it stands, we have:-
Bulldogs - new coach , Trent Barrett, and new players and great sponsors in the Laundy family hotel business.
Titans - get David Fifita and I am sure others are on the cards.
Cowboys - new coach and changes no doubt to playing squad.
Warriors - new coach, Nathan Brown, players, Corey Harawira-Naera and possibly Adam Elliott and others.
Broncos - likely that Seibold will be sacked, so new coach to take over and possibly some other signings.
Dragons - ? nuffing!!? diddly squat.

BBTB

Juniors
Bulldogs - new coach , Trent Barrett, and new players and great sponsors in the Laundy family hotel business.
Warriors - new coach, Nathan Brown, players, Corey Harawira-Naera and possibly Adam Elliott and others.
Broncos - likely that Seibold will be sacked, so new coach to take over and possibly some other signings.
Unfortunately our board, particularly the chairman, Andrew Gordon, are completely inept.
We have to get them out of our organization. Including the Gordon family.... They are not only useless to us, but very destructive to our club.....

Dragon David

First Grade
Unfortunately our board, particularly the chairman, Andrew Gordon, are completely inept.
We have to get them out of our organization. Including the Gordon family.... They are not only useless to us, but very destructive to our club.....
Gee it would be great if Andrew or better still Mr Bruce came out and said something to the effect that he was/is a fanatical Steelers/now Dragons supporter and that he would do everything in his power to make the Dragons a force to be reckoned with in the not too distant future and guys like McGregor can all F off ......... fat chance!

possm

Coach
It is not up to the Board to recruit players, retain our best players or manage our salary cap. It is up to management staff to do all this (Millward) but like Mary, he has a deal with the Chairman of the Board and so not much will change until Millward and Mary hand in their resignations.

Our new CEO should be asking questions and making recommendations to the Board. I doubt that the Board would seek out anything or address any issues outside of what is on its meeting agenda.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry guys CHN going to the Raiders.

possm

Coach
As head coach Brown announces his target recruitments and sends his recruitment manager to take care of the details (keeping within a term and salary band).