What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

aqua_duck

Coach
Wayne Bennett quote from a few weeks ago:

"You’ve just got to remember, it is what it is and you can have all the bad moments and all the down thoughts you want to have, but the bottom line is that it’s not going to change, so you just have to adapt to it and get on with it,”

“We’ve got a lot of biosecurity rules around us and I’m happy with that.

“If we don’t want that choice, we can just retire from football and go and do something else.”

Guess it's time for him to retire and do something else the senile hypocrite

ACTPanthers

Bench
Wayne Bennett quote from a few weeks ago:

"You’ve just got to remember, it is what it is and you can have all the bad moments and all the down thoughts you want to have, but the bottom line is that it’s not going to change, so you just have to adapt to it and get on with it,”

“We’ve got a lot of biosecurity rules around us and I’m happy with that.

“If we don’t want that choice, we can just retire from football and go and do something else.”

Guess it's time for him to retire and do something else the senile hypocrite
But but he was confused...

Old merkin obviously has some kind of dementia, so you're right, it's time he hung up the clipboard and f**ked off.

aqua_duck

Coach
But but he was confused...

Old merkin obviously has some kind of dementia, so you're right, it's time he hung up the clipboard and f**ked off.
At his press conference he said he was confident he knew the rules and so he should given he's part of the project Apollo panel yet he also admits he didn't know the rules and hence the reason for the breach. Typical Wayne acting holier than thou, he's so petulant like a child who can't just admit they did something wrong but has to add 15 disclaimers on to it

ACTPanthers

Bench
At his press conference he said he was confident he knew the rules and so he should given he's part of the project Apollo panel yet he also admits he didn't know the rules and hence the reason for the breach. Typical Wayne acting holier than thou, he's so petulant like a child who can't just admit they did something wrong but has to add 15 disclaimers on to it
100%

I get it with my kids - "Yeah I know it was wrong, but I only did it because this, this and this... so it's not my fault"

sup42

Juniors
Wayne will be at home with his feet up and his hands behind his head watching Clint Eastwood re runs and ordering Bat soup take out.

Fangs

Coach
Langer? Bennett?

Why are we allowing QLDers ruin our great game? Perhaps we need a blanket ban on all QLD players and staff. Relocation also an option.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Brisbane Broncos Club Statement
Author broncos.com.au

Fri 7 Aug 2020, 02:18 PM
Three Broncos staff members will undergo COVID-19 testing after attending a private function in Brisbane.

The Club became aware of the matter today involving football staff Allan Langer, Ryan Whitley and Blake Duncan, and contacted the NRL immediately.

As a precaution, those staff have been placed on “COVID Holds”, and will undergo testing before returning to the Project Apollo bubble.

To adhere to best practice, the staff members won’t travel for tonight’s game in Sydney against the Rabbitohs.

Following is from the NRL's website -

NRL hands down fines for biosecurity breaches
Author:Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp:Fri 7 Aug 2020, 06:49 PM

The NRL have issued breach notices proposing fines to Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett, Dragons prop Paul Vaughan and three members of the Broncos coaching staff including Allan Langer for breaking biosecurity protocols.

The breach notices propose that Bennett be fined $20,000, to be paid in full, Vaughan be fined $10,000, to be paid in full and three members of the Broncos coaching staff be fined $5,000 each, to be paid in full.

Acting NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo said the sanctions took into account various factors including each person’s level of responsibility within their club, their remuneration level and factors surrounding the incidents.

“Strict adherence to our biosecurity protocols are vitally important. Players or officials who breach these protocols face missing matches and significant fines,’’ Abdo said.

Broncos legend and long-time trainer Langer became the latest coaching staff member to be caught up in a breach of COVID-19 protocols on Friday and did not travel to for the clash with the Rabbitohs.

The Broncos released a statement on Friday afternoon to confirm Langer and two other football staff members - Ryan Whitley and Blake Duncan - attended a private function in Brisbane and would be required to undergo a COVID-19 test as a precaution before being allowed to return to the squad's bubble.

The announcement came before the Broncos boarded a chartered flight for Sydney on Friday afternoon for their clash with the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium.

It is understood they attended a function to mark Langer's birthday - the former international turned 54 on Saturday - with only a few people in a private dining room upstairs at the Caxton Hotel in Brisbane.

It came less than 24 hours after Rabbitohs coach Bennett and Dragons prop Vaughan were stood down after they breached protocols.

remote.axd

Coaches react to COVID-19 protocol breaches

Coaches react to COVID-19 protocol breaches

The recent chain of events this week has not impressed Raiders coach Ricky Stuart, who took aim at those who are putting the "multimillion-dollar" NRL business at stake.

"They're just tough times at the moment but under tough times you find out the true character of people," Stuart said on Friday before the news on the Brisbane trio was announced.

"I'd love to go to the pub and have a beer with my mates, I'd love to go out for lunch or go out for dinner with the family but you can't.

"The NRL have had to jump onto it very quickly and they've got to make an example of it because everybody understands the rules and everybody is consistently made aware of it.

remote.axd

Stuart: It’s a multimillion-dollar business at stake

Stuart: It’s a multimillion-dollar business at stake

"I know our people here feel like they're a nuisance because they're continually telling the boys.

"It's just a common occurrence every day for the boys to go and get a selfie, a fan comes up and wants to get a photo or a signature, it's very much a reaction, it's a habit. Those things are a little bit different to going to a restaurant.

"It's a multimillion-dollar business that's at stake here and we've just got to be very mindful of that."

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said there was enough support and education around NRL teams to ensure biosecurity measures were met.

"I think we've all got a bit of an idea of what might be right and what might not be right. It's always best to check with your footy manager or COVID marshal that's with every team.

"That's the most important thing. There are rules there and we've all got to abide by them. What we can probably learn out of it is that we're aware and do know what the rules are.

remote.axd

NRL news wrap: Bennett, Vaughan in isolation

NRL news wrap: Bennett, Vaughan in isolation

"Sometimes you may take things for granted and not actually know that. At times they were confusing but we're at the stage now if you're going to do something that might be out of the norm you just check the rules."

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary wouldn't be drawn on Bennett's indiscretion but added the period of confusion had ended at least a month ago.

"I'm not going to dump on Wayne, it is what it is," Cleary said.

"[Previously] I can see how that was a little confusing because it was the period before the Victorian outbreak where society was really starting to loosen up.

"Our bubble had been eased off a bit so there's but once it's been reined back in again you pretty much can't do anything. I don't think that's so confusing."

Saxon

Bench
Not nearly harsh enough on Bennett.
Self centred old cockwomble knows the rules - hell, he helped make them - and chose to ignore them on multiple (he admits) occasions. Addo Carr and Latrell got fined 50K each - Bennett should be fined at least twice that much. AND suspended for the rest of the year.
Arrogant old f**kwit.

King hit

Coach
Do people even listen to anything Bennett says these days? He just comes up with some very bizarre stuff

Frederick

Staff member
Do people even listen to anything Bennett says these days? He just comes up with some very bizarre stuff
Senility will do that to people

He should be in a home, getting the best possible care. I hear St Basil's in North Melbourne is pretty good

aqua_duck

Coach
Not nearly harsh enough on Bennett.
Self centred old cockwomble knows the rules - hell, he helped make them - and chose to ignore them on multiple (he admits) occasions. Addo Carr and Latrell got fined 50K each - Bennett should be fined at least twice that much. AND suspended for the rest of the year.
Arrogant old f**kwit.
Billy Moore certainly didn’t miss him

Former Queensland star Billy Moore wasn’t copping Bennett’s excuses.

“How is that possible? How can the most experienced coach in the competition not be aware of it?” Moore told Mark and Caroline on 92.7 Mix FM.

“Wayne Bennett went on the attack saying, ‘I’m the victim here. The rules have changed, I didn’t know the rules had changed’.

“I coudn’t believe the arrogance that came through from Wayne Bennett ... almost like, ‘The rules don’t apply to me”

“We saw the real character of Wayne Bennett, which is disappointing.

“What we saw, when attacked for doing something wrong, we saw the dark side of Wayne and I thought it was very poor.”

glad more and more people are finally calling out Bennett for what he is and that is a self righteous hypocrite of the highest order who’s been allowed to get away with being that way because he’s been fortunate enough over his career to be blessed with having good players in his teams

unforgiven

Bench
Billy Moore certainly didn’t miss him

Former Queensland star Billy Moore wasn’t copping Bennett’s excuses.

“How is that possible? How can the most experienced coach in the competition not be aware of it?” Moore told Mark and Caroline on 92.7 Mix FM.

“Wayne Bennett went on the attack saying, ‘I’m the victim here. The rules have changed, I didn’t know the rules had changed’.

“I coudn’t believe the arrogance that came through from Wayne Bennett ... almost like, ‘The rules don’t apply to me”

“We saw the real character of Wayne Bennett, which is disappointing.

“What we saw, when attacked for doing something wrong, we saw the dark side of Wayne and I thought it was very poor.”

glad more and more people are finally calling out Bennett for what he is and that is a self righteous hypocrite of the highest order who’s been allowed to get away with being that way because he’s been fortunate enough over his career to be blessed with having good players in his teams

Sterlo gave it to him on triple m as well calling his behaviour petulant and childish.

Latest posts