What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
Actually, can have Watson and Guerra and Glasby money.

8. DSaf
9. Brailey
10. Klem
11. TPJ
12. Frizz
13. Barnett

14. Mann
15. JSaf
16. Saulo
17. Sione

Works for me.
giving him their combined salaries would make him by far and away the highest paid player in the game

Silent Knight

First Grade
I've been reading some comments in the main NRL forum and on the Dragons subforum that suggest Paul Vaughan breached the COVID19 bubble because he was meeting with a player agent in a cafe to discuss a potential move to Newcastle. I've tried to find a concrete article backing this up but haven't uncovered anything yet.

If someone can ask Barry Toohey on Twitter (I don't have an account) that would be good.

It could go either way so I'll examine the reasons for and against:

For:
  • We'll be shopping for a middle forward now that Glasby is set to be medically retired.
  • He'll want to follow his good mate Tyson Frizell.
  • He'll get to play under a good coach.
Against:
If we got him I'd say that's a mouth watering forward pack (almost):

8. Klemmer
9. Brailey
10 D. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon (he doesn't look like he fits in with the rest of the quality of our pack. I can cop him if he just defends well but he shouldn't get the ball in the attack zone anymore because he offers very little in terms of threatening the line. It's disappointing because for a while there he formed a lethal combination with Ponga but it's gone now.)
12. Frizell
13. Barnett
14. Watson/Mann/Randall
15. Vaughan
16. J. Saifiti
17. Sione

But then again I could easily be jumping the gun. The cafe meeting could have been:

Agent: "Hey mate Newcastle is after a middle forward. Are you interested?"
Vaughan: "Lol I don't want to go there, the place sucks."
Agent: "Okay mate, how are the wife and kids?".

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Personally i'd rather push for TPJ if the opportunity arose, we can get away with the Props we have currently and Jnr's can step up for those bench Minutes with Jsaf.

TPJ would walk in to our backrow and give us the best pack in the comp and an attacking nightmare.

He'd be giving me nightmares for the five out of every six games he either doesn't bother showing up or is suspended for.
Agreed but I can't see him being allowed to phone it in with the likes of Klemmer, Frizell and Barnett to keep him in line. Worth signing but only for his worth...which isn't much now to be fair.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Agreed but I can't see him being allowed to phone it in with the likes of Klemmer, Frizell and Barnett to keep him in line. Worth signing but only for his worth...which isn't much now to be fair.

With a real coach and the leadership we have here, he wouldn't be able to get away with it, look at the revival of RCG at parra, under the right coach and situation he will likely go back to his blistering best, we interesting to see how he turns up tonight against the Rabbitohs, might try and push through to them he has a blinder.

PhilGould

Bench

Edit: It's been deleted but it was a tweet from the Knights hinting at a signing announcement tonight. Video hinted that it was someone from the Super League.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Oliver Gildart who is the English international centre has been trying to make the move down under. The guy in the video looks nothing like him though

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
The name Regan Grace has popped up a few times, He is Welsh, plays for St Helens, know absolutely nothing of him other than that.

Latest posts