What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

https://everythingrugbyleague.com/lebanese-rugby-league-seeking-kit-partnership/

The Lebanese Rugby League Federation (LRLF) is looking to partner with a Technical Kit Manufacturer for their upcoming activities over the coming two years; including the 2021 Rugby League World Cup, as well as domestic activities at club-, university- & youth- levels, and other national teams.

Lebanon-Rugby-League-World-Cup.png

The LRLF is therefore pleased to invite all interested parties to submit their proposals by 28 August 2020 @ 6:00pm (Beirut time). For more information, please feel free to contact them at: info@LebanonRL.com

Patorick

Staff member
inclusion-shirt.png New shirts for @embracewagga and #unityfc indoor soccer. A homage to the 1995 Manly jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
XVrUtpw.png

Bod1ntB.png

IQurl68.png

images

images

I mentioned in the 2021 thread that the Sydney Kings are changing their logo due to a licensing issue with the Opera House trust.

the 1st logos apparently have been submitted for trademark applications.

To me it looks like they’re trying to emulate the Knicks, which is a weird choice given I think the Knicks logos are really dated, and don’t suit modern day requirements such a digital branding / icon recognition.

would love to hear what @GAZF and others with knowledge think!

greenBV4

Bench
XVrUtpw.png

Bod1ntB.png

IQurl68.png

images

images

I mentioned in the 2021 thread that the Sydney Kings are changing their logo due to a licensing issue with the Opera House trust.

the 1st logos apparently have been submitted for trademark applications.

To me it looks like they’re trying to emulate the Knicks, which is a weird choice given I think the Knicks logos are really dated, and don’t suit modern day requirements such a digital branding / icon recognition.

would love to hear what @GAZF and others with knowledge think!
if they are going the copy-cat route I saw this one which is pretty nice also (I'd get rid of the shading and have a solid background like the warriors)
EetQh8CUEAE2Ez9.png

sempmrh

Juniors
if they are going the copy-cat route I saw this one which is pretty nice also (I'd get rid of the shading and have a solid background like the warriors)
View attachment 40608

Well that's the logo on their new training gear.

https://www.nblstore.com.au/collections/sydney-kings/products/sydney-kings-20-21-icon-lifestyle-tee

But they say it's not the new logo - so probably a secondary. But it doesn't quite match the logos above, so who knows what they're doing? Their white 'wordmark lifestyle' tee has a wordmark that doesn't match the logos above either. The other teams' versions of those tees use either the wordmark from their logo or jersey - but the Kings seem to have a new jersey wordmark as well.

MugaB

Coach
I like all three of them its very simple, and the lion is just so cool, its makes me proud to live in sydney, unfortunately im not a basketball fan.
Im just a fan of a KINGS sports brand but logo as a Lion,
seriously thats awesome!
Its way way better than Aleagues "Roar"
Or AFLs "Lions" for me "Kings" would be a much better NRL branding for Eastern Suburbs Tigers Expansion bid, since theres an affinity in Brisbane for lions in their sports brands, also tigers being a big cat too, it keeps it close i suppose, but im also ok with their current "firebirds" bid too

greenBV4

Bench
for me "Kings" would be a much better NRL branding for Eastern Suburbs Tigers Expansion bid, since theres an affinity in Brisbane for lions in their sports brands, also tigers being a big cat too, it keeps it close i suppose, but im also ok with their current "firebirds" bid too
Wow I can't believe never really made that connection in my head before, is there a reason Brisbane has 2 lion represented teams? Brisbane Kings with a lion mascot could definately work.

MugaB

Coach
Wow I can't believe never really made that connection in my head before, is there a reason Brisbane has 2 lion represented teams? Brisbane Kings with a lion mascot could definately work.
Yeah but East Coast Kings, or South QLD Kings not "Brisbane", im not a fan of sharing the location name with another team, also gives an juxtaposition if there was ever a West Coast Pirates, vs Gold Coast Titans vs North QLD, vs Central Coast Bears,
Lotsa "coasts" there!

greenBV4

Bench
Yeah but East Coast Kings, or South QLD Kings not "Brisbane", im not a fan of sharing the location name with another team, also gives an juxtaposition if there was ever a West Coast Pirates, vs Gold Coast Titans vs North QLD, vs Central Coast Bears,
Lotsa "coasts" there!
I get where your coming from, and South Qld would work, but I tend to associate "East Coast" moreso with NSW, even though it is all technically the east (but I probably also have a NSW bias viewpoint)

Its also quite vague for a team only really representing 1 city, especially when you have the "North Coast" in NSW fairly close by. It works for WA as it is the WHOLE west coast of Australia, and I could see it working for a Roosters re-brand if they ever expanded to include North Syd and the CC (for multiple reasons - being inbetween the North and South Coasts of NSW, being geographically on the East Coast and covering multiple regions along it, as well as a mixture between "Easts" and Central "Coast")

greenBV4

Bench
im not a fan of sharing the location name with another team
Also this can be fine if the team markets itself towards a different demographic instead of location, I think the Big Bash does this well in Melb and Sydney with one typically being a "galmour" club and the other a "battlers"

MugaB

Coach
Also this can be fine if the team markets itself towards a different demographic instead of location, I think the Big Bash does this well in Melb and Sydney with one typically being a "galmour" club and the other a "battlers"
Hence SYDNEY vs south sydney?
Although souths are by no means a battler club no more.
Still not sold on Brisbane 2 Expansion, being called Brisbane,

Also loved your take on 1998 NRL inaugural season with our now mergers, plus perth, its exactly where we are now and where we wanted to be soon

Last edited:
Lotsa "coasts" there!
Back in the early 90s there was a bid from Logan for a NSWRL team called Logan Lions. It never got off the ground, but Easts could work with it to create something like East Coast Kings.

"Kings of the East Coast"

UPDATE

The team behind the bid ended up in court.

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/case-download/id/55845

Last edited:

Latest posts