What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game under Gould

T-Boon

Coach
Imagine it. He thinks the refs are calling too many penalties. So basically he wants the coaches to have more influence on the game. Imagine the cheating that will go on. How slow will play the balls be and how off side the defense will be. What other ways of cheating will the coaches invent like they did wrestling?

The refs don't call the incorrect play the ball penalty anymore because Gould and his friends complained about efforts to stamp that out a few years ago. So what do we have now incorrect play the balls every set of possession and numerous tries scored off bad play the balls. So we might as well write that rule out of existence because it is sort of embarrassing to see a guy play the ball correctly now. Just roll it.

So that's what well get under Gould coaches and players just doing whatever they want.

Last edited:

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Gould thinks he is bigger than the game, but he is irrelevant and the game will remain stagnant while he is anywhere near the game or media.

Gould19, we need to isolate him from the game :)

Nealo 12

Bench
Imagine it. He thinks the refs are calling too many penalties. So basically he wants the coaches to have more influence on the game. Imagine the cheating that will go on. How slow will play the balls be and how off side the defense will be. What other ways of cheating will the coaches invent like they did wrestling?

Gould needs to
Where has this been quoted?

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I think a junior development role would be perfect for him, but keep him the f**k away from the referees.

He thinks his interpretation on the rules of the game are what the general punter also believes and it couldn’t be further from the truth, a lot of his views haven’t been relevant since 1976.

merkin annoys me, contradicts himself all the time. Changes his mind on things half way through a season but never admits to it. Yet he has this reputation that he ‘is the smartest brain in RL’. Makes statements about things that aren’t even true but it becomes gospel because ‘Gus said so’.

I usually have a bit of a soft spot for Penrith, but the way the prick gloats every 5 minutes about how he set up the joint and talks as if they are the only team in the NRL that develops players has really irked me. No doubt he did a great job turning the club around, everyone knows you were there Gus you don’t have to keep reminding us. I want to see them fail purely because of him.

no name

Coach
Gus doesn’t believe half the shit he spouts.
He gets paid to create controversy.
If he was put into a position of power and left 9, I reckon he’d do a good job.

T-Boon

Coach
His comments were correct, last night was pathetic by Atkins. He is far too pedantic.

Referees enforcing the actual rules during the game is the only way we have of someone who cares about the health of the game keeping control of it.
Everybody agrees its not the coaches jobs to care about the health of the game. So if you give them free reign via no standards of enforcing the rules then we will end up with more things like play the balls free for all, illegal decoy running mayhem, wrestling, stripping, constant offside etc. The coaches have a long history of doing whatever it takes to win even if it is at the cost of the game.
The refs need to get tougher not softer.

big hit!

Bench
despite my aversion to anything Murdoch, the best thing I ever did this season was get Kayo so I now don't need to hear his whining shit - until SOO and the GF. Although Paul Kent is a bit of a tosser isnt he?

And I can watch all the Moto GP and F1 practices/qualy/races - BIG WIN!

T-Boon

Coach
Last year wasn't Gould saying "so what if the ball is knocked on a little bit"?
Remember he was trying to argue that those decisions involving a small double knock on shouldn't be looked at closely.
This is the kind of lunacy he wants.

The Rosco

Bench
If we descend into " the refs are being pedantic", then we just need to work out what rule infringement YOU think is pedantic . . . vs what I think is pedantic.
PTB, for instance is a joke. As T Boon said, the rolling of the ball makes a mockery of the rule, and happens in maybe 70% of rucks. Unfair advantage and all of that.
So I might think breaking the rule for correct PTB is wrong, and you might think it's being pedantic.
It's a rule, just like forward passes and spear tackles. If enough people say that policing forward passes slows the game down and removes nice attacking football . . . then do we just allow the ball to be passed forward ?
Rules are rules. You can't stop policing one and not the other. Which becomes more important, and who's effing opinion do we listen to ?
When they take it out of the rule book, then we can go for our lives.
Until then, it's a rule like all the others.
Get pinged for breaking one, get pinged for breaking any of them.
Won't somebody think of the children !!

Latest posts