What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL360

Vee

First Grade
Talking about the Warriors coaching position.

Ikin: "Craig Fitzgibbon was in the running with Todd Payten for the head job..."

PK almost lost it, lips pursed like the centurion listening to Pilate in Life of Bwian.

Ikin had no choice but to push on but hooper was grinning like an idiot for several seconds.

Champagne comedy.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
If anyone thinks Fitzgibbon would leave a great job at the Roosters to be part of a dog shit organisation like the Warriors they are mad.

Generalzod

Immortal
Did anyone see tonites ep of 360 Ikin was basically saying why are the Roosters and Storm miles ahead of other clubs and wanted feedback from Hooper and Kent, not one bloke come out with the truth is that they spend more than any other clubs in the NRL

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Did anyone see tonites ep of 360 Ikin was basically saying why are the Roosters and Storm miles ahead of other clubs and wanted feedback from Hooper and Kent, not one bloke come out with the truth is that they spend more than any other clubs in the NRL
Last I checked the eels and panthers were coming first and second :thinking:

Perth Red

Post Whore

do they? Do you have any evidence for this? Eels need $5mill a year from LC to cover bills, broncos spend around $49mill a year. I very much doubt Storm have a revenue that allows them to spend close to either of them.
It’s more likely that both clubs are just extremely professionally run, have solid boards, long term quality coaches and great development programs.

Generalzod

Immortal
do they? Do you have any evidence for this? Eels need $5mill a year from LC to cover bills, broncos spend around $49mill a year. I very much doubt Storm have a revenue that allows them to spend close to either of them.
It’s more likely that both clubs are just extremely professionally run, have solid boards, long term quality coaches and great development programs.
Come on mate I wasn’t born yesterday the Storm spend more on their football operations than any other club ..

Perth Red

Post Whore
Come on mate I wasn’t born yesterday the Storm spend more on their football operations than any other club ..

What makes you think that? cant see their revenue being bigger than Eels, Broncos, Roosters, Dogs etc who all get many millions tipped in from other sources. Storm have good fan base and seem to do ok with sponsors but would they be generating $30mill plus a year? Hard to say.
Broncos spend around $50mill a year, Roosters $29mill, Eels around $30mill. Those are the biggest spenders, going down to the likes of the Sharks and Titans who are spending in the $23million region (all up club spending, not just football operations)

TheRam

Coach
I originally posted this in the Parramatta forum, but thought that this is a game wider issue so I should also post it here.

I know that Kent said that if Fifita rejects the Titans offer of $1.25m there should be an investigation, but it was more of a throw away line then an actual discussion of as to why.

Lets not forget that Folau was denied the chance to sign with Parra because the NRL assessed his market value was around double of what we had originally offered him.

So if that is the case, fair enough, but that would then mean that D. Fifita's fair market value is over $1m. So the NRL should now come out and say that they will not accept any contract for Fifita that is less then $1m. That is the minimum that at least 3 other NRL clubs have offered him.

Anything less smacks of really bad, on the nose, monkey business. Especially when there is a club one hour down the road and his junior club no less that is offering $550k more then his current club. That is not a hard decision to make at all.

I don't care what the media are saying. Easiest decision ever. The Broncos management should be ashamed of themselves also for not advising the kid to take the money and run. Poor background kid. More money then any other player in the NRL on offer and they are low balling him by around 40%. Are you kidding me?!!

Remember what Coach Smith told Tooks when he was offered $300k by the Warriors? He said "if they are offering you that sort of money, I'll drive you to the airport myself."

How the hell are the media not discussing this properly and putting the NRL and the Broncos under pressure to do the right thing?

No kid at 19 years should be left to hang and dry due to bad advise from vested interests with this sort of money on offer. Due to his falling out with his current manager, he can't turn to him. His mother seems out of her depth, due to it being a completely emotional decision for her(understandable). So then he only has the ear of individuals that have something to lose or gain. Not a great place for a kid with his background to be stuck in, especially at his age and inexperience with such things. He will not be winning a premiership with the Broncos in the short term. They are at least 3-5 years away till they can get all the ducks in a row, including the right coach.

That is why the NRL should move in quickly and reaffirm there strict fair market worth policy or this could turn into the biggest joke signing all us other Rugby League fans have ever witnessed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think offers should have to be tabled through the NRL so they can see if there is huge discrepancies between offers clubs are making and what the player decides to do. In all honesty if it is true then $550k difference makes the decision a very easy one. If he knocks it back there is no way in the world it is to lose $1/2mill a year to stay at Broncos. Problem is these ar ejust media figures so we really have no idea what is being offered. Table offers through the NRL so everything is on the table and they can assess legitimacy.

Vee

First Grade
Another headjob comment tonight almost allowed to go through to the keeper but the bald gimp couldn't help himself smirking like a guilty schoolboy.

Watch this space, it's almost like they're trying to see how many times they can get away with it before someone pulls them up.

Vee

First Grade
Not bad enough they give time the drunken dribbler and the bald boofhead, now Lara Pitt gets a jersey.

Vee

First Grade
I like Lara and the way she tried to pull up Hooper over his 'facts' about Tevita Pangai Junior suggests it could be fun further down the line. She clearly sees him as the absolute flog he is.
I think it's her voice that annoys me, when I got past that, her content was better than the other two.

gUt

Coach
My wife says Lara is the only woman she would go gay for. Anyone got Lara's number?

Latest posts