What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Reminds me ... i was gonna ask - all you sydney siders, what are some interesting places to drive for a day trip around sydney?

Im trying to find new places to go. Dont have to be amazing, just wanna go somewhere different. ... for example, i went to cateract dam last weekend.

Ive been down south a fair bit. Kiama, etc ... done some obvious spots like bowral a bit.
Only been north a little.

Have you become a Sunday drive guy? Exciting times.

Bilpin might be nice. I think there is a few nice pubs there and walks.

Maybe you can go pick apples

hindy111

Post Whore
Good suggestions ... thanks all

I havent been to the megalong vally for a mega long time :smile:
Patonga sounds like a goer ... i think i ran over a lizard last time i was at palm beach. Oops.
I do like heading to the northern beaches cos its somewhere i dont get to much.
Mt Tomah sounds good. I went to windsor/Richmond a few weeks ago.

OK. So why did you drive to Windsor? Am I missing something.

Katoomba is nice on a winters day. Only about an hour. Do a few stops on way. Glenbrook,Springwood has nice cafes.
Wentworthfalls and Leura are worth driving through. And could always go up to Blackheath. Hit Katoomba at the 4pm mark and stop in the city Bank for a beer. Then either station bar for woodfire pizza or Papadinos is nice. Also a good Korean place and best Indian food I have tried is in Katoomba.
The Yellow Delhi Cafe is also interesting and run by the 12 tribes. Google it. Great sandwiches

strider

Post Whore

Katoomba is nice on a winters day. Only about an hour. Do a few stops on way. Glenbrook,Springwood has nice cafes.
Wentworthfalls and Leura are worth driving through. And could always go up to Blackheath. Hit Katoomba at the 4pm mark and stop in the city Bank for a beer. Then either station bar for woodfire pizza or Papadinos is nice. Also a good Korean place and best Indian food I have tried is in Katoomba.
The Yellow Delhi Cafe is also interesting and run by the 12 tribes. Google it. Great sandwiches
yes I am a sunday drive guy ... altho I sometimes do it on other days

i went to windsor cos i was at rouse hill and thought bugger it i'm going to windsor and richmond for a drive. When I was a kid living in the Hills my grandparents lived at mudgee and we went there all the time - drove via Bells line - but I hadn't been out that way for so long and I just decided to go

strider

Post Whore
Mate, locals knowledge...I’ll send you to the best bakery in town. Only cost you $15 as well.
while its not somewhere you go for a drive (and god knows I hate shopping), I reckon Warringah Mall is the most interesting shopping centre i have been in ... bit different to the usual enclosed westfields .... though I have always wondered what happens when it rains heavily cos there didn't look like enough drainage at one of the outdoor parts (these are the important things to think about at the shops)

Eelogical

Referee
while its not somewhere you go for a drive (and god knows I hate shopping), I reckon Warringah Mall is the most interesting shopping centre i have been in ... bit different to the usual enclosed westfields .... though I have always wondered what happens when it rains heavily cos there didn't look like enough drainage at one of the outdoor parts (these are the important things to think about at the shops)
The highlight of your weekend must be a trip to Bunnings to check out their range of shovels.

hindy111

Post Whore
yes I am a sunday drive guy ... altho I sometimes do it on other days

i went to windsor cos i was at rouse hill and thought bugger it i'm going to windsor and richmond for a drive. When I was a kid living in the Hills my grandparents lived at mudgee and we went there all the time - drove via Bells line - but I hadn't been out that way for so long and I just decided to go

Your reliving childhood memories. The good old days.

84 Baby

Referee

Katoomba has to be Solitary for lunch followed by Silk’s for dinner

Happy MEel

First Grade
It’s a bloody maze that place, which I guess makes for an interesting shopping centre, but a pain in the ass trying to work out where you’ve parked.

Eelogical

Referee
Katoomba has to be Solitary for lunch followed by Silk’s for dinner
Solitary is temporarily closed according to their website. Leura Gourmet do an excellent lunch. Best pizza in the area is the Station Bar adjacent to Katoomba Station.

84 Baby

Referee
Solitary is temporarily closed according to their website. Leura Gourmet do an excellent lunch. Best pizza in the area is the Station Bar adjacent to Katoomba Station.
They were renovating plus probably COVID. Oh well just hit Silk’s lunch and dinner

Suitman

Post Whore
True. I get lost. Its just interesting that it has open air parts and is not just a massive rectangle

If you like open air village style shopping centres, you should check out Rouse Hill Town Centre, if you haven't been there already.
Good mix of indoor, outdoor amongst residential.
Adjacent to the Metro station, so instead of driving somewhere, you could train it and also check out the Metro if you haven't already.
I'd be happy to catch up again and could jump on the train at Hills Showground station (live nearby) along the way if you're keen one Sunday.

Eelogical

Referee
They were renovating plus probably COVID. Oh well just hit Silk’s lunch and dinner
I'm a Parra supporter, mate. Black pudding and duck livers aren't on my radar. Besides, to get into that place I'd have to trade my Croc's in on some shoes.