What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is true. Working with children check (which I had to do at regular intervals) is part of life as an educator.

I have casual employment with Penrith City Council in one of theIr leisure centres if I ha d any previous convictions for offences against a child (person under 16), offences that may have involved violence or a whole raft of other offences I would have been ineligible for the position. Not the decision or personal choice of Penrith Council it was legislated by the position and role I applied for. The criminal history checks must be updated on a regular basis.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
So why was Ivan there? He was being sentenced for a reasonably serious crime, especially in the current environment, bad look for the club to have the coach turn up.

He was the blokes coach. Des turned up when Brett Stewart was in court. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ki...ght-belief-back-to-manly-20190919-p52sws.html

Just one example.

Also another member of staff there also Shane Elford, (I'm sure he's involved in player welfare)

Both parties where showing they cared about Tyrone.

Your looking for snakes under rocks here, where there is nothing but dead grass.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I have casual employment with Penrith City Council in one of theIr leisure centres if I ha d any previous convictions for offences against a child (person under 16), offences that may have involved violence or a whole raft of other offences I would have been ineligible for the position. Not the decision or personal choice of Penrith Council it was legislated by the position and role I applied for. The criminal history checks must be updated on a regular basis.

Exactly. Any tradesmen that come into child care centres have to do a working with children check too.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

That’s completely understandable.

Kilkenny

Coach
That’s completely understandable.
Absolutely.

I don’t want to stir up the past again but just going back to the beginning Tyrone May did the crime, was punished for his indiscretion and has done his time. We chose to support him during process (18 months more) and he is still with our club. There has been many examples of players who have been convicted of more severe offences and have been allowed back into game. Personally I am happy for him, he was punished sufficiently and time to move forward.

franklin2323

Immortal
Absolutely.

I don’t want to stir up the past again but just going back to the beginning Tyrone May did the crime, was punished for his indiscretion and has done his time. We chose to support him during process (18 months more) and he is still with our club. There has been many examples of players who have been convicted of more severe offences and have been allowed back into game. Personally I am happy for him, he was punished sufficiently and time to move forward.

Don't get me wrong given he, Tetevano etc are eligible then we are only hurting ourselves by taking the moral high road

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Absolutely.

Well said.

Kilkenny

Coach
Don't get me wrong given he, Tetevano etc are eligible then we are only hurting ourselves by taking the moral high road

I understand what you saying my position is slightly different in so much as many if not all of us make mistakes or do things we are not proud of.

If you make the same mistakes over and over, or commit criminal acts on a regular basis we’ll no sympathy from and you deserve what’s coming to you I guess.

If Tyrone May does the same thing again next week, next month or next year or is found guilty of some other heinous crime then see you later buddy. No sympathy, no compassion no mitigating circumstances do your best elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to making a mistake in life and be allowed to hopefully make good for it.

franklin2323

Immortal
I understand what you saying my position is slightly different in so much as many if not all of us make mistakes or do things we are not proud of.

If you make the same mistakes over and over, or commit criminal acts on a regular basis we’ll no sympathy from and you deserve what’s coming to you I guess.

If Tyrone May does the same thing again next week, next month or next year or is found guilty of some other heinous crime then see you later buddy. No sympathy, no compassion no mitigating circumstances do your best elsewhere. Everyone is entitled to making a mistake in life and be allowed to hopefully make good for it.

I wouldn't ban from the sport just NRL. Playing the top grade should be a privledge. One that you shouldn't have once the courts find you guilty

Kilkenny

Coach
I wouldn't ban from the sport just NRL. Playing the top grade should be a privledge. One that you shouldn't have once the courts find you guilty
He made a mistake, an error of judgement, a stupid silly thing but you can’t wipe someone out of the game for what he did.

Compare what May did to say the West Tigers front rower Russell Packer who went to jail albeit for a relatively short period of time for a far more serious criminal offence.

We are human, we are not infallible and everyone deserves a second chance and in some instances a third chance.

If Tyrone May played for another club I would be of the same view, nothing to do with his playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.