What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Yosh

Coach
Cool. We actually signed an exciting young talent from the English League. The last lad turned out okay. Hope he defends better than Matt's best mate though...

Knight76

Juniors
Just that last 10 seconds where he was tackled and whilst going down slipped a pass away to his winger.

This kid could be anything. Great signing and fantastic prospect. Best on one side, Young on the other sounds potent.

aqua_duck

Coach
Looks like he's got a fair bit of pace for someone that size as well. I like the fact that he knows he's a giant and knows how to use his size, something I wish more young kids knew how to do

Some very astute signings by the coach lately. This kid could be anything. It's amazing how someone so big can move so well. Such a far cry from the garbage we used to sign. We're a top line halfback away from the top 4 imo. Need some luck with injuries too...

Knight Vision

First Grade
We're a top line halfback away from the top 4 imo.
I think so also, with the arrival of Frizell, the addition of a kid with potential like Young ( need additional big winger IMO as it's a weak link in the side ) with all our squad healthy and on the park we should give it a right old shake next year, just missing a half to go with Pearce.....

If the cap doesnt allow a premium half a young one with big potential would do. Lachlan Lam from the Roosters is off contract end of this year. If Crosslands isnt up to it let's get someone who is.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
I agree, I prefer Hunt over Lee precisely for the hit up kick return reasons. Lee may be tall but there's nothing to him.
I think youre being overly harsh on Lee here. When taking hitups out of out own end, lee always finds him front in the tackle. I think it's due to the fact hes tall, lanky and awkward, he always seems to slip through the tacklers and hit the ground on his front which in turn enables him a quick play the ball, which is vital when trying to get out of your own end

Old dog

Juniors
Think we are getting a bit carried with the young pommie bloke, let’s wait and see, many 18yr olds show promise but for one reason or another something stops them making it, it’s a long road.

First Grade
Really needs to work on his defence, watch the video verse leeds, when they score the majority of times Young had rushed up. Also seems a little lazy, great in attack but for example when his team scores everyone else runs in to congratulate the scorer, young meanders over.

Frederick

Staff member
Really needs to work on his defence, watch the video verse leeds, when they score the majority of times Young had rushed up. Also seems a little lazy, great in attack but for example when his team scores everyone else runs in to congratulate the scorer, young meanders over.
Sounds like most of the squad before AoB turned up

Defence can be taught. Kids with his size, speed and skill don't come along very often

Frederick

Staff member
Absolutely. Don't find kids like him ie size, power, speed ec. He already ticks a lot of boxes, up to the coaching staff to develop him now.
If he turns out to be our version of, say, Stephen Crichton from the Panthers, then we're all going to be very, very happy with this signing

Yosh

Coach
If Nathan Brown becomes Warriors head coach and they get Gus as well, will they poach some of our lads?

Good luck to Brown though. Hope he does well.