What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 13 vs Knights @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 13: Knights v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pezz70

Juniors
Bring in Anthony Griffin ...Now ..This isn’t a player problem this is a coach problem ..imo

It is most definitely a player problem, we have no halves, no hooker, no fullback. The four most important players in the side, either not up to it or playing out of position. Our left side three quarters have played about 10 games in NRL and we’re playing Benji in a position in the defensive line that he is no longer capable of playing which leaves the outside two exposed too often. Chris Lawrence is pretty much done, he is no longer running those really good lines in attack, when he was out on the left side he looked good, we’re playing Luciano Leilua in that same spot, and he doesn’t really run those same lines (he’d be very effective if he did). I think Madge has taken them back to real basic footy, with a focus on defence and generally error/risk free attack. The players failed to execute well the last couple of games. I think we’ve missed the boat and really are a club on our last legs. We would have to be the worst club as far as development of our juniors goes, and I think we’re ten years behind as a result.

I will say that the biggest mistake the club has made is training out of concord, they should’ve been based at Campbelltown and really focussed on the young talent out that way since 2000.

macnaz

Staff member
It is most definitely a player problem, we have no halves, no hooker, no fullback. The four most important players in the side, either not up to it or playing out of position. Our left side three quarters have played about 10 games in NRL and we’re playing Benji in a position in the defensive line that he is no longer capable of playing which leaves the outside two exposed too often. Chris Lawrence is pretty much done, he is no longer running those really good lines in attack, when he was out on the left side he looked good, we’re playing Luciano Leilua in that same spot, and he doesn’t really run those same lines (he’d be very effective if he did). I think Madge has taken them back to real basic footy, with a focus on defence and generally error/risk free attack. The players failed to execute well the last couple of games. I think we’ve missed the boat and really are a club on our last legs. We would have to be the worst club as far as development of our juniors goes, and I think we’re ten years behind as a result.

I will say that the biggest mistake the club has made is training out of concord, they should’ve been based at Campbelltown and really focussed on the young talent out that way since 2000.
You had me until the last paragraph.

Aside from Luch and Nofo every players wage should be docked and given to a charity. Unfortunately due to the NRL's rule that you must spend 90% of the cap we have players earning ridiculous amounts for producing consistent rubbish. Most of the players in our team should be on $250K or less.

That was embarrassing. No effort or execution right from the get go.

Next year with no Grant we will seriously challenge for the spoon.

What must Mitchell Pearce's career record against the Tigers be? Not just in wins vs losses (which would be 90% plus surely) but total team points scored for vs against? He'd have to be getting close to +1,000

Thank f**k for alcohol........

Pezz70

Juniors
You had me until the last paragraph.

Seriously? They have a home base where no one really plays rugby league. The south west, and group six has produced some great players. I’m not necessarily saying we should play out of Campbelltown but our training and development should be based there, targeting 13-14 year old and developing them right through to NRL. The genuinely strong clubs have well established development pathways (aside from the Roosters who have unlimited funds). Panthers are a great example 11-12 of there top side have been playing together since the were 17-18

WA Tiger

Bench
No we don’t!! I’m interested to hear your theory though.

6 and 7 Benji Walters Reynolds for starters..Brooks shouldn’t even be an option.Not saying this will fix things but seriously why is he playing.He offers nothing and hasn’t ALL year

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
6 and 7 Benji Walters Reynolds for starters..Brooks shouldn’t even be an option
Benji is cactus mate, and Walters is 26 if he was a good NRL player he wouldn’t be playing at the Tigers. They are most definitely not the beginning of a competitive side. We’ve got real dramas there. You might give Reynolds and Walters a go for the rest of the season, but they’re not the answer either.

Not a Tigers fan but do you reckon Maguire is happy having around 3 million banana's tied up in the cap for the likes of Mbye, Reynolds, Packer and Brooks?

It is most definitely a player/roster problem you've got.

Brooks is on Maguire. He re-signed him. And gave him a pay rise. Brooks is not even worth $200K a season. He is the sort of player (among a host of tigers players) that I would love to put on a minimum wage - performance based contract. If it were allowed of course, which it isn't.

WA Tiger

Bench
Not a Tigers fan but do you reckon Maguire is happy having around 3 million banana's tied up in the cap for the likes of Mbye, Reynolds, Packer and Brooks?

It is most definitely a player/roster problem you've got.
Yea but the players that played today arnt that bad (apart from Brooks) ..Thats a coaching thing ..

Incorrect

Coach
Brooks is on Maguire. He re-signed him. And gave him a pay rise. Brooks is not even worth $200K a season. He is the sort of player (among a host of tigers players) that I would love to put on a minimum wage - performance based contract. If it were allowed of course, which it isn't.
I didn't know that about Madge Re-signing Brooks...

WA Tiger

Bench
To be honest I didn’t even watch last weeks game ..why would I watch the replay after reading all the posts and this week I watched until half time ..I can only take so much of that shit
2 Things for sure
1Goal kicking is way down on the list of priorities
2 Prob won’t be hearing from Vic again this week

Pezz70

Juniors
Yea but the players that played today arnt that bad (apart from Brooks) ..Thats a coaching thing ..
Nope that’s an attitude thing. The coach doesn’t make tackles or throw passes they were pretty pathetic across the park today, I certainly wouldn’t lay that performance on Brooks. Mbye dropped a ball on second tackle, then gave away the 6 more in the same set for the first try and missed a tackle in the try scoring play. Douehi dropped two bombs for tries in the subsequent set. Benji missed two tackles for two tries And a few more which gave them 30-40m plays that busted our defensive structure. It was just ordinary all over the park. Not to mention the amount of times we gave the ball up in our own half. Go back a few weeks to the Parra and Penrith games and even though they were losses they were games where players took the right attitude into the game. Three weeks later they have no resolve whatsoever. Really the 7 games prior to the last two were pretty good despite the losses. The last two games have been very very poor.

Last edited: