What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

betcats

Referee
2nd half wasn’t to bad, there was a bunch of calls against us and I don’t think their first try was a try. Shame we couldn’t see a bit more of Laurie but hopefully Dyl is back next week he improves us a lot.

franklin2323

Immortal
I didn’t here any call on the 40/20 and I was there not that he much chance to stop it anyway.

I thought he was very solid again tonight other than one lost possession bringing the ball ball.

No one says to nessarily stop it. Just try to bat it back. Anything then just watch it roll

mxlegend99

Referee
FFS the 40/20? Even for you that’s scraping the barrel.
He swung momentum to bring Raiders into the game. Makes an error. Then fails to stop CNK on a try.

If he offered anything in attack he could get away with stuff like that. Aside from Whare there hasn't been anyone less effective than Aekins this year in our team.

Should have been benched earlier do Laurie had a chance to show if he offered anything

Pomoz

Bench
Well you keep dishing up garbage then you cop it. Not his fault he isn't FG standard
That is a ridiculous thing to say.
The ball was knocked out of his grip by Papali. Franklin, you aren't normally a man to go on a witch hunt, but this seems a bit personal.

Kilkenny

Coach
He's a bad player in a good team. Hope that helps your understanding of the situation.
I’m over it. I’m going to bed. Was at the game, really great win against a tough, tough side and the best we can offer is to carve up Caleb. Nothing more from me you guys can Moan and complain for the next couple of hours. Very sad when all you can offer is to carve up against Caleb. Over and out front me.

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m over it. I’m going to bed. Was at the game, really great win against a tough, tough side and the best we can offer is to carve up Caleb. Nothing more from me you guys can Moan and complain for the next couple of hours. Very sad when all you can offer is to carve up against Caleb. Over and out front me.

We are potentially 1 injury from him playing in a semi. So not just a carve up for no reason

franklin2323

Immortal
That is a ridiculous thing to say.
The ball was knocked out of his grip by Papali. Franklin, you aren't normally a man to go on a witch hunt, but this seems a bit personal.

Watch the 40/20. You don't think it should of been taken?

He is a liability in attack. Safe in defence but when he is no longer safe.. then what?

age.s

First Grade
We are potentially 1 injury from him playing in a semi. So not just a carve up for no reason

This is true, but the bigger story is that we'd probably put 40 on whoever we're facing even with him there.

That's a big part of why the criticism isn't getting any traction from most. There really shouldn't be much negativity atm. This is one of the best Panther teams I've ever seen.

mxlegend99

Referee
Watch the 40/20. You don't think it should of been taken?

He is a liability in attack. Safe in defence but when he is no longer safe.. then what?
Our one loss this season came largely because he couldn't read the play in defence and put in a half assed effort on a bounce conceding a try. That and Crichton getting destroyed one on one. Difference is Critter has proven he canbe an asset. Aekins hasn't.

His safety is overrated by being nowhere to be seen frequently in try scoring situations where a Fullback should be. His hands under the high ball are good but that's about it. Cleary obviously isn't convinced aswell but won't give any other option a genuine run. He seems to want to but backs out. Burton never got a run. Laurie only got 5 minutes. Edwards is without doubt our best option. But Aekins is the only one who has had a shot at being our backup Fullback and stands out as not bring on par with most of the rest of the team.