What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Warabrook saint

Juniors
from Buzz

MARY LIVING ON BORROWED TIME

Paul McGregor’s days as St George-Illawarra coach are numbered.

Losses to the Roosters, Rabbitohs and Sharks in three weeks have convinced Dragons powerbrokers they will have to look elsewhere.

The same people who stuck by him earlier this season now realise his time’s up. It’s now a matter of identifying the right replacement.

McGregor’s poor relationship with key players is the biggest problem in that he has all but lost the dressing room.

Boom centre Zac Lomax did an interview during the week about his slashing recent form. He acknowledged his three assistant coaches – Shane Flanagan, James Shepherd and Dean Young – but not McGregor.

The players also can’t understand why there have been so many positional changes.

The million-dollar man Ben Hunt has gone from halfback, to hooker, back to halfback and then to five-eighth in the past month.

The Dragons would have to win six of their last seven games to make the top eight.

They have the Eels, Storm, Raiders and Knights in the run home.

Credit - TonyT6
Geez they're quick,it's only taken 7 years

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nathan Brown 151 games as head coach of the Dragons

Paul McGregor currently 151 games as head coach.

Friday nights game v Eels will see him become (and break) the Dragons longest serving coach.

Is this what they're waiting for?

Nathan Brown 151 games as head coach of the Dragons

Paul McGregor currently 151 games as head coach.

Friday nights game v Eels will see him become (and break) the Dragons longest serving coach.

Is this what they're waiting for?

I like your work Mr Slayer ( most of the time lol).

As a fellow avid student of Mary, I think your recent learned November assessment holds more weight, provided that they don’t keep him on for the heritage year.

That would be the final insult to their long suffering, catatonic fans!

I’m quite sick of journos and their “Mary to be sacked” scoops. It’s been dragging on since mid last year. It’s just rubbish without evidence.

The idiot board had their emergency meeting and went on the record about loyalty and other pr nonsense. To sack him now is an admission of their wrongdoing and lets face it, they have zero record of taking responsibility.

On their watch, they’ve led this once great club into the gutter and it’s going to take years for it to climb out.

They say to themselves, “I’m important because I’m on the board, I know what I’m doing”

Yeah right.

Bad signings, loss of promising juniors, can’t recruit anyone decent ...even offering stupid overs, senior players fleeing, memberships lapsing and fundamentally, people associating the club with bad feelings.

The decrepit, village idiot board twiddles it’s thumbs and doesn’t give a f**k. If it did, Mary would have been sacked after his (possible) tax write off holiday to the USA. Where he came back and said “ we are rookies again” that’s all he learnt, the bludging dope.

We could have told him that bullshitting crap for free.

Marys made a negative contribution to the club. He’s taken their money ( $15k a week for heavens sake) and it’s the rugby league coaching equivalent of pissing it up against the wall. No pay cut because his head is so far up his arse.

All his word game corporate psycho babble. It pisses me off. It’s done nothing but injure the club and make him look like he doesn’t understand what he’s talking about.

A true example of a mates club, run by mismanaging imposters.

They are lucky to have one single fan who isn’t on the board or staff.

This is what Buzz should be telling people.

Losing the change rooms ffs, losing the whole club can’t find itself these days.

People are beside themselves with anger and grief.

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
Was speaking to someone today and he suggested that the reason for keeping this moron on was that he was a cheap option

I said to him mate his on 600-800 grand and he was firm with telling me he was signed to a contract of 400 grand. Not a cent more. He was adamant And suggested the media saying he was signed to a larger contract is bullshit. Hence why they always surrounded him with assistants who he kept throwing under the bus.

Asked him if he had any idea who could replace him and he said the bloke at roosters Wants the job. He would sign the pommy Wane as his preference says he is a hard nut and would throw the shit out quickly.
All this needs to be accepted by the self serving morons who run the asylum

I tell my non Dragons mates that as much as the Dragons supporters whinge & moan about Mcf**kwit we all acknowledge that the real cancer in the club is the dysfunctional setup of inept Dragons Board and dimwit 50% owner Gordon. It clearly is not and cant work but there appears no way we can change things.

Only the damage done will take seasons to repair.

Yes.

1. Sack all the bludging failing third parties service providers.

2. Sack or phase out bad players ( contract dependent)

3. How about a trade with a few clubs?

4. New coach brings new contacts.

5. New support staff.

Lots of options to start with and then go from there.

De-maryfication say at least 2 seasons.

As big Kev said.
I’m excited :thumbsup:

I tend to think that the thread will switch to Mary watch and be a beast that will continue to be on guard against Mary and his evil forces for years to come.

It’s other very useful purpose is to keep the board honest.

For every ten swings at McHopeless at least 5 hit the witless Board smack in the chops where it’s needed the most.

No way that’s disappearing overnight no matter what happens to McEgo.

The war will only end when the club is back on its feet...until you blokes call a ceasefire.

Too much damage has been done to let the Board get off without punishment. Too many dues to pay.

Andrew needs to piss off for a start. Sell his share to the people. He’s done f**k all with them but bring the club down. Stand up for yourselves Steelers, make the Saints people respect you for once.

Last edited: