What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New T20 and ODI World Cup dates announced

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.cricket.com.au/news/t20...ver-world-cup-new-zealand-covid-19/2020-08-08

Australia will host the men's T20 World Cup in 2022, two years later than originally scheduled, the International Cricket Council announced Friday.

India will remain hosts of the 2021 men's T20 World Cup in October-November, as planned, before staging the men's 50-over World Cup in 2023.

In addition, the women's 50-over World Cup, which was to be held in New Zealand from February 6 to March 7 next year, has been postponed to February-March 2022.

Future ICC events

2021 Men's T20 World Cup, October to November, India

2022 Women's ODI World Cup, February to March, New Zealand

2022 Women's T20 World Cup, dates TBC, South Africa

2022 Men's T20 World Cup, October to November, Australia

2023 Men's ODI World Cup, October to November, India

An "extensive contingency planning exercise" was completed by the ICC, which considered the "health, cricket and commercial impact of COVID-19 around the world".

"Over the last few months as we have considered how we return to staging global events, our number one priority has been to protect the health and safety of everyone involved in ICC events," said ICC acting chairman Imran Khwaja.

"The decisions the Board have taken today are in the best interests of the sport, our partners and importantly our fans.

"I’d like to thank our partners at the BCCI, Cricket Australia and Cricket New Zealand as well as the Australian and New Zealand governments for their continued support and commitment to a safe return to ICC events."

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
I was going to ask this before Covid was a thing, but why are the ICC doing two T20 World Cup's in back to back years?

I assumed coz India?

Timbo

Staff member
I was going to ask this before Covid was a thing, but why are the ICC doing two T20 World Cup's in back to back years?

I assumed coz India?

Gotta squeeze every last drop out of the lemon until people are completely sick of the product. It’s the ICC way.