What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA announces 20/21 Summer schedule

Valheru

Coach
As someone else said if England can host tests then no reason Australia or anywhere else can't.

If it was starting tomorrow you would hist the games in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide.

The series is still 4 months away so i wouldn't be surprised to see VIC under control by then and them hosting as scheduled.

Adelaide at the least will probably have full crowds by then.

TheParraboy

Staff member
And another series bites the dust. IPL here we come by the looks

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...cellation-leaves-cricket-calendar-clearer-ipl

Australia's home T20I series against West Indies has been postponed because of the Covid-19 situation, and that means the IPL now has an uninterrupted window - between September 19 and November 10 - as far as international cricket is concerned.

West Indies were scheduled to play matches in Townsville, Cairns and the Gold Coast on October 4, 6 and 9, with the series being seen as a precursor to the now-postponed men's T20 World Cup, originally set to start on October 18

Pommy

Coach
Shane Warne commentating England vs Pakistan, surely he’s expecting this short form tour to happen if he’s putting himself through 2 weeks quarantine on the way back.

Valheru

Coach
And another series bites the dust. IPL here we come by the looks

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...cellation-leaves-cricket-calendar-clearer-ipl

Australia's home T20I series against West Indies has been postponed because of the Covid-19 situation, and that means the IPL now has an uninterrupted window - between September 19 and November 10 - as far as international cricket is concerned.

West Indies were scheduled to play matches in Townsville, Cairns and the Gold Coast on October 4, 6 and 9, with the series being seen as a precursor to the now-postponed men's T20 World Cup, originally set to start on October 18

Why would they postpone this?

What difference is there to WI touring England?

Perhaps they think 3 T20 games is just not worth the effort?

Bazal

Post Whore
Why would they postpone this?

What difference is there to WI touring England?

Perhaps they think 3 T20 games is just not worth the effort?
Maybe the same reason I can't travel to QLD from my Planchisuck designated"Covid Hotspot" in the ACT (with zero cases)?

I'm not sure but if they lost permission to enter QLD and they couldn't move the games....

Timbo

Staff member
I think if cricket is going to happen this summer, all of the tests against India will have to happen in the one state. I just don’t see state governments allowing that many players and officials - you’d have to imagine India’s squad will be massive as flying in replacements will be impossible to to quarantine - to hope between four states.

Haffa

I think if cricket is going to happen this summer, all of the tests against India will have to happen in the one state. I just don’t see state governments allowing that many players and officials - you’d have to imagine India’s squad will be massive as flying in replacements will be impossible to to quarantine - to hope between four states.
The BCCI will do anything to avoid playing at the Gabba

Valheru

Coach
India schedule confirmed

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...hosts-day-night-test-pink-ball-warm-match-scg

1st ODI - Nov 27 (SCG)
2nd ODI - Nov 29 (SCG)
3rd ODI - Dec 2 (Canberra)

1st T20 - Dec 4 (Canberra)
2nd T20 - Dec 6 (SCG)
3rd T20 - Dec 8 (SCG)

1st Test - Dec 17-21 (Adelaide D/N)
2nd Test - Dec 26-30 (MCG)
3rd Test - Jan 7-11 (SCG)
4th Test - Jan 15-19 (GABBA)

CA expects a crowd to be allowed for the Boxing Day test.

Valheru

Coach
And team India get a couple of warm up games before the test series

Jan 7 start for the SCG test?

Looks like India got their way by delaying it?

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/aus...y0BLg6KOB3-3eIfrtuPVIXIfjwLYUZPGk2aMXtveu6Fe0

View attachment 43348

Given the start of the first test they kind of had to delay the start of the Sydney test didn't they?

It would have been back to back to back tests otherwise.

I'm not sure why Adelaide and Brisbane couldn't receive some love with the ODIs and T20s either.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Given the start of the first test they kind of had to delay the start of the Sydney test didn't they?

It would have been back to back to back tests otherwise.

Fair call

Though now they have two back to back tests, and only a week off in between

Pommy

Coach
India schedule confirmed

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...hosts-day-night-test-pink-ball-warm-match-scg

1st ODI - Nov 27 (SCG)
2nd ODI - Nov 29 (SCG)
3rd ODI - Dec 2 (Canberra)

1st T20 - Dec 4 (Canberra)
2nd T20 - Dec 6 (SCG)
3rd T20 - Dec 8 (SCG)

1st Test - Dec 17-21 (Adelaide D/N)
2nd Test - Dec 26-30 (MCG)
3rd Test - Jan 7-11 (SCG)
4th Test - Jan 15-19 (GABBA)

CA expects a crowd to be allowed for the Boxing Day test.

f**k you 2020, the least you could have done is got us a non MCG Boxing Day test.

Bazal

Post Whore
f**k you 2020, the least you could have done is got us a non MCG Boxing Day test.

I'm sure I read/saw somewhere Adelaide is on standby (given they also have the first Test)....so there's still hope

Bazal

Post Whore
If these jokers were seriously wanting to test themselves, they would be playing at a fast and bouncy WACA.

Those crazy sandgropers have shut the border so hard they've just about seceded so I can understand it being tough to schedule a match in Perth

Latest posts