What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragonslayer

First Grade
2020 is gone. Time to take a look at next year and truly assess our situation.
First and foremost is a new Head Coach. To go into our 100yr anniversary with Mc85 would be an insult.

Apologies if I've missed anyone, also, we dont know who was promoted last week from the DS.

Off- Contract: 2020
Backs: Aitken, Sailor
Forwards: JDB, Ellis, Frizell*, Host, Lovodua.

*Frizell already confirmed leaving.

Off-Contract: 2021
Backs: Dufty, Norman, Periera, Williame, M. Feagai x2 (DS)
Forwards: Blacker, Brittain, Fuimaono, McInnes, Merrin, K. Sims, Vaughan (PO)*, H. Lomax (DS)

* (PO) = Player Option

Off-Contract: 2022+
Backs: Clune, Hunt, Z. Lomax, Ravalawa, Saab, Sauni-Esau (DS), Sullivan (DS), Ramsey (DS)
Forwards: Ford, Kerr, Lawrie, T. Sims

getsmarty

Immortal
2020 is gone. Time to take a look at next year and truly assess our situation.
First and foremost is a new Head Coach. To go into our 100yr anniversary with Mc85 would be an insult.

Apologies if I've missed anyone, also, we dont know who was promoted last week from the DS.

Off- Contract: 2020
Backs: Aitken, Sailor
Forwards: JDB, Ellis, Frizell*, Host, Lovodua.

*Frizell already confirmed leaving.

Off-Contract: 2021
Backs: Dufty, Norman, Periera, Williame, M. Feagai x2 (DS)
Forwards: Blacker, Brittain, Fuimaono, McInnes, Merrin, K. Sims, Vaughan (PO)*, H. Lomax (DS)

* (PO) = Player Option

Off-Contract: 2022+
Backs: Clune, Hunt, Z. Lomax, Ravalawa, Saab, Sauni-Esau (DS), Sullivan (DS), Ramsey (DS)
Forwards: Ford, Kerr, Lawrie, T. Sims

Mc85..will not be here in 2021...That means...aitken..possibly Warriors...along with JDB...Norman will more than likely be off loaded...mcGregor was the one who allegedly pushed for that signing.

Saab gone. a few others in the balance....as the air starts to clear we will more than likely get a better picture...

getsmarty

Immortal
80% of our squad needs to go with our coach .

That's a bit harsh....keepers...dufty/Rava /lomax/williame/periera ?/ Clune/ mcInnes/ford/Vaughan/Kerr/Hunt ( under contract) /Ramsey/feagai x's 2/Sailor/ ......that's half of the top 30 squad

i.M.H.O they will try offload Norman..aitken probably Warriors with JDB..saab ..tigers...Sims boys club will need to make a decision...etc..same with other fringe players.

You are correct in that there will be a big turnover in players...hopefully whoever takes over can attract better quality players.

Crush

Coach
That's a bit harsh....keepers...dufty/Rava /lomax/williame/periera ?/ Clune/ mcInnes/ford/Vaughan/Kerr/Hunt ( under contract) /Ramsey/feagai x's 2/Sailor/ ......that's half of the top 30 squad

i.M.H.O they will try offload Norman..aitken probably Warriors with JDB..saab ..tigers...Sims boys club will need to make a decision...etc..same with other fringe players.

You are correct in that there will be a big turnover in players...hopefully whoever takes over can attract better quality players.
The only definite keepers from current side for me would be Duff, Lomax, McInnes, Vaughan, maybe T Sims.
If any of the other guys left tomorrow I wouldn't blink.
Also I'd like to keep Ramsey. I haven't seen much of him but from I have seen he looks like an athlete.

Old Timer

Coach
The only definite keepers from current side for me would be Duff, Lomax, McInnes, Vaughan, maybe T Sims.
Also I'd like to keep Ramsey. I haven't seen much of him but from I have seen he looks like an athlete.
Come on Crush surely the love affair with T Sims must now be over?

You don't rate Ford?

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree...although many of them are under contract..eg Rava/Norman/hunt etc...we will not be able to offload them all...Personally I like Clune..best half at the club... The whole roster needs an overhaul.

The most promising thing is we have a lot of good youngsters coming through.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A lot to be said about our roster a lot of our underperformers signed long term or at least until 2021. Almost impossible to offload them given their form and salary.
We still also need to fill a CC side, so some players will be necessary.

Out of the off-contracted for 2020, I think:
Aitken and Sailor will go, as will Lovodua, Friz already gone.
They will fight to keep JDB and Ellis looks a good prospect. Host, unless he gets an offer elsewhere, he'll probably be re-signed if only for the point I made above.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Mc85..will not be here in 2021...That means...aitken..possibly Warriors...along with JDB...Norman will more than likely be off loaded...mcGregor was the one who allegedly pushed for that signing.

Saab gone. a few others in the balance....as the air starts to clear we will more than likely get a better picture...

Is JDB to warriors confirmed or just rumour/speculation? Absolutely spineless if true..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’d probably add Ford and Kerr to that list. Mostly due the current market. Not many good props available. Ford will be good I reckon.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree...although many of them are under contract..eg Rava/Norman/hunt etc...we will not be able to offload them all...Personally I like Clune..best half at the club... The whole roster needs an overhaul.

The most promising thing is we have a lot of good youngsters coming through.
We definitely do, but how we manage and introduce them is essential. I think picking the right games to debut them and bringing in mentors is essential. That’s why I thought Blake Green would have been good for a year or two. He would have provided us with good game management while mentoring our young halves while not being a pathway blocker long term. Most of all we need Shaun Wane or Fitzy.

watatank

Coach
Sullivan and Ramsey move into the top 30 next year...they may have already moved into the top 30 this year (since the club didn't sign anybody)