What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

The Teach

Juniors
I don't hate him or anything.

I never said anyone hates him, and therein lies the problem with a forum such as this....people read between the lines of what is posted, and misinterpret the intention of a post, as evidenced in other threads with the constant disagreements between certain posters, which end up going for pages derailing threads completely.

BxTom

Bench
That’s why I was talking about next year. I specifically referenced not re-signing him because we have better back ups for 2021.

Pays to read things slowly so you don’t look silly.

My point still stands. You are saying that Aekins, a backup player, WILL be replaced by Staines who has never played fullback at NRL level and Laurie who has all of ~5 minutes NRL (again not at fullback) .

And perhaps you should stop calling people silly just because they don't agree with you - you are already known for playing the man. Stop being arrogant - you really haven't earned the right...

Is that slow enough for you?

WestyLife

First Grade
My point still stands. You are saying that Aekins, a backup player, WILL be replaced by Staines who has never played fullback at NRL level and Laurie who has all of ~5 minutes NRL (again not at fullback) .

And perhaps you should stop calling people silly just because they don't agree with you - you are already known for playing the man. Stop being arrogant - you really haven't earned the right...

Laurie's 5 minutes was at Fullback. He replaced Aekins. The fact Staines and Laurie are so close to first grade is the biggest contributing factor to all this talk.

Staines and Laurie had already replaced Aekins at fullback in NSW cup, Tom. The writing is on the wall.

And I didn’t call you silly because you disagreed with me, I called you silly because you misread my post. Something I dare say you did because you’ve got a problem with me, you have for ages.

it’s hilarious you’d accuse me of playing the man, your posts are dripping with contempt for other people on these boards.

BxTom

Bench
Staines and Laurie had already replaced Aekins at fullback in NSW cup, Tom. The writing is on the wall.

And I didn’t call you silly because you disagreed with me, I called you silly because you misread my post. Something I dare say you did because you’ve got a problem with me, you have for ages.

it’s hilarious you’d accuse me of playing the man, your posts are dripping with contempt for other people on these boards.
Playing the victim card now...

I'm not the only one that has accused you of playing the person.

Whatever. I have a life other than running up as many posts as I can here...

Playing the victim card now...

I'm not the only one that has accused you of playing the person.

Whatever. I have a life other than running up as many posts as I can here...

Lol, I don’t care if you don’t like my posts or even me. If I cared I would’ve mentioned it long before now. What I care about is that you’re a smug hypocrite.

Yeah, I’ve played the person from time to time. If people were acting like dickheads I called them on it. I’ll do it again, too.

hindy111

Post Whore
Aekins lacks power and speed to be any good. But he is safe and perhaps all Nathan wants while Edwars is injured.

I'm curious to see the side if everyone is fit. Leinu may have to make way for Capewell. Unsure if this benefits the side?
Whare I do not see getting back into side.
Too comes back on wing.
Staines was injured at the wrong time. 4 or 5 strong games and Mansours position may of been questioned. But Josh is playing good tough footy so I do not think so either way.2
Tyrone will be the 14. Great player.

I can see guys like Mansour,Whare being moved on 2021.

hindy111

Post Whore
I predicted that if Eels and Penrith won this weekend then the top 4 is almost decided. Not set in concrete but the gap is widening.
It may be up to the boys from the West to knock off the big boys Storm and Roosters. And what a classic it would be a Parra vs Penrith grand final. It would be a great day for rugby league.
I am also impressed with Nathan's game. I felt he was just a solid player that wouldn't go to another level. But I was wrong. He is now in the top 5 halves in the game and only 22. It will be interesting to see who has a better career between him and young Dylan Brown who is one of the best yong halves to be coming through.

Aekins lacks power and speed to be any good. But he is safe and perhaps all Nathan wants while Edwars is injured.

I'm curious to see the side if everyone is fit. Leinu may have to make way for Capewell. Unsure if this benefits the side?
Whare I do not see getting back into side.
Too comes back on wing.
Staines was injured at the wrong time. 4 or 5 strong games and Mansours position may of been questioned. But Josh is playing good tough footy so I do not think so either way.2
Tyrone will be the 14. Great player.

I can see guys like Mansour,Whare being moved on 2021.

Whare will be tough to move on I think. He’s still got 2 years after this one.

Mansour only has a year left, and we don’t really need the cap space next year. Although it could be in his best interests to take a deal elsewhere if he gets an offer. I doubt we’d re-sign him after 2021.

hindy111

Post Whore
Whare will be tough to move on I think. He’s still got 2 years after this one.

Mansour only has a year left, and we don’t really need the cap space next year. Although it could be in his best interests to take a deal elsewhere if he gets an offer. I doubt we’d re-sign him after 2021.

A deal in the UK is most likely not happening for 2021 for most players.
I reckon Mansour would attract interest from a few clubs if Penrith chipped in a little.
Whare I don't think would be on a lot. He might be a handy back up or wanted by a stronger club who just want to fill a gap. Storm perhaps

A deal in the UK is most likely not happening for 2021 for most players.
I reckon Mansour would attract interest from a few clubs if Penrith chipped in a little.
Whare I don't think would be on a lot. He might be a handy back up or wanted by a stronger club who just want to fill a gap. Storm perhaps

Yeah the rumour was Whare would go to England, but with the financial troubles because of Covid that could be difficult. Whare is supposedly on around 400k

I don’t see the need for us to chip in for Mansour, it’s only one year and we don’t need the cap space next year. I reckon he’d get a deal without us having to chip in, he’s playing fairly well. A club that has trouble getting out of their own half would be interested.

There could also be potential for Mansour to stay and move into the back row.

maple_69

Bench
I’m not sure how Josh would go making 30 tackles.

I’d keep one of them. Good to have around the club/playing with the kids in Reggies and as excellent injury back up.

I think we’d find a few suitors. Dogs, Warriors, Dragons, Broncos, Tigers, Titans and Knights could all use an experienced, intelligent and solid outside back for a year or two. As someone else said, Storm or Easts could slot them into their machines and they’d do the job.

betcats

Referee
Aekins has been solid, he does his job in terms of kick returns but a fullbacks job is a lot more than just fielding kicks its one of the most important attacking positions and on the attack side he really isnt close to good enough, he is a complete passenger we switch him out with May for attacking plays. Defensively ive said before he just lacks urgency. Look at Papali's almost try, Cleary and Api hold him up and Liam Martin comes in late to help, all Aekins does is stand there and bump Martin then for some reason grabs Martins Jersey and is pulling him. He literally just got in the way of the guys who were desperate to stop the try. He is a good enough back up for us atm but id be trying to get Laurie some game time and see if he can do the job in case Dyl goes down again.

The_Frog

First Grade
I predicted that if Eels and Penrith won this weekend then the top 4 is almost decided. Not set in concrete but the gap is widening.
4th place still wide open if you have a look at the draw. Uncle Nick should be sending us a case of the finest single malt for our services to the Roosters cause over the weekend, but now they have some work to do.