What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m not sure if this is the best Penrith team I’ve seen or if their competition is weak. But I do think man for man this roster has far less talent than the premiership teams, but is playing at a similarly elite level.

Since we got rid of NYC the standard of play across the board has really dropped. Us being good doesn't change that fact

Panfa

Juniors
Ive been waiting for ivan to have a crack at the officials for a while.This club has been pounded by the men in the middle for yrs now and its the same 3 blokes klein sutton and cummins.Im happy to contribute towards the 10k fine if thats what its gonna take to change the refs bias against us.Everyone is accountable for there mistakes these refs cost teams 2pts cost punters thousands coaches there jobs etc and we cant say boo.

Whino

Bench
Thank God I don't have Fox. I won't have to put up with all negative crap Crawley and his NRL 360 goons. They will be whinging about this all week.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ive been waiting for ivan to have a crack at the officials for a while.This club has been pounded by the men in the middle for yrs now and its the same 3 blokes klein sutton and cummins.Im happy to contribute towards the 10k fine if thats what its gonna take to change the refs bias against us.Everyone is accountable for there mistakes these refs cost teams 2pts cost punters thousands coaches there jobs etc and we cant say boo.

I believe Ivan's shot across the bow will hopefully help in the comming weeks and into the finals.

I don't blame him one little bit.

box57l

Juniors
I couldn't agree more. Certain pundits will say that is part of the game but I call BS. There were a number of calls that were just plain wrong, yes we won and won well, but we should expect more. Why should Penrith cop mediocrity, why should we have clear bias with certain referees. It is about time a stand is made.

maple_69

Bench
More than Saturdays game, Cleary is just saying what everyone has thought for most of the last decade. The even up of the penalty count is totally a thing. It’s definitely become harder to notice in the six again era but teams on the receiving end of lopsided penalty counts/possession very often get a bit of help. We’ve certainly been beneficiaries and it’s crap.

CCJohnC

Juniors
My bitch is the 'Six again' rule which certainly contributes to sides getting help perhaps against the run of play. I would also like the reason for the 'six again' being made public via the referees mike. Watching games on TV makes decisions hard to follow, One of Ivan's reason for his comments yesterday?

Panther Pete

Juniors
My bitch is the 'Six again' rule which certainly contributes to sides getting help perhaps against the run of play. I would also like the reason for the 'six again' being made public via the referees mike. Watching games on TV makes decisions hard to follow, One of Ivan's reason for his comments yesterday?
I know exactly what you mean and its not just our games. I was watching the Parra v Sharks game yesterday and had no idea what half of the restarts were for.

He’s just been fined $20k.

I think they should have community service options and counselling.

At any rate, unwise to make an enemy of the NRL overlords.

Very poor judgment from Ivan and doesn’t exactly wreak of good sportsmanship.

Did Ivan realise he’d won?

He shouldn’t be upsetting the Apple cart when the side is playing sky high A grade footy which everyone is enjoying.

Really dumb and miserable.

No one likes bad winners Ivan.

Those of us who know your befuddled, witless and charmless character, we ain’t surprised.

Another bad example for the boy.

As is the befriending young fans, you later knife out of selfishness and greedy ambition;

689FE7C2-E5AA-4E1A-9A1B-3C75FAE47D0C.jpeg
He’s gotta go folks. He’s just not Penrith material.

Hoss, Jed Snr and the other Carty boys should not have to put up with the likes of Ivan. He’s not fit to tie their bootlaces.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I doubt it was the six agains. It was things like the penalty against us for stripping which was an unsuccessful challenge, the unncessary late contact by Rapana on Mansour, the Raiders challenge after their player was put out by Cleary and Martin, and the first Raiders try where he appeared to get it down only after the whistle was blown.

betcats

Referee
He’s just been fined $20k.

I think they should have community service options and counselling.

At any rate, unwise to make an enemy of the NRL overlords.

Very poor judgment from Ivan and doesn’t exactly wreak of good sportsmanship.

Did Ivan realise he’d won?

He shouldn’t be upsetting the Apple cart when the side is playing sky high A grade footy which everyone is enjoying.

Really dumb and miserable.

No one likes bad winners Ivan.

Those of us who know your befuddled, witless and charmless character, we ain’t surprised.

Another bad example for the boy.

As is the befriending young fans, you later knife out of selfishness and greedy ambition;

View attachment 40754
He’s gotta go folks. He’s just not Penrith material.

Coach of the year right there.

Latest posts