What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2020 - Round 14
Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Sunday 16 August 2020

Kickoff 4:05pm - Nine/9Now, Fox League/Kayo

TL-WST20a.png

1. Adam Doueihi 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Moses Mbye 5. Tommy Talau 6. Luke Brooks 7. Benji Marshall 8. Josh Aloiai 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Russell Packer 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Luke Garner 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Thomas Mikaele 15. Josh Reynolds 16. Sam McIntyre 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Asu Kepaoa 19. Shawn Blore 20. Alex Seyfarth 21. Elijah Taylor

TL-CBY20a.png

1. Nick Meaney 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Tim Lafai 4. Kerrod Holland 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger 8. Ofahiki Ogden 9. Sione Katoa 10. Dylan Napa 11. Josh Jackson 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Luke Thompson
Interchange: 14. Jeremy Marshall-King 15. Aiden Tolman 16. Sauaso Sue 17. Reimis Smith 19. Brandon Wakeham 20. Renouf To'omaga 21. Chris Smith 22. Matt Doorey

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Gavin Badger, Liam Kennedy
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigerm

First Grade
This is the game I've been dreading, we are already dead in the water, just have a horrible feeling they are gunna give it to us big time..

Pezz70

Juniors
Injuries aside I think the strongest team we could possibly field in this match is:
Kepaoa
Nofo
BJ
Mbye
Talau
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
Garner
Luciano
Aloiai
Grant (Liddle)
Clark

Eisenhuth, Mikaele, McIntyre, Douiehi

That unfortunately has been our most consistent side this year. They’ve aimed up in defence. I think Douehi has the versatility to make an excellent bench player can fill in anywhere from 1-6. Or you could run him at 6 and have Reynolds on the bench covering Hooker and halves, should a back get injured you could move AD and put JR in the halves.

Last edited:

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Dogs to win by plenty, all they have to do is hold the ball. The dogs have been playing better footy of late and should be above the tigers on the letter. I’ll be putting plenty of money on the dogs to win me money that the tigers couldn’t win me. Dogs to rip apart a bunch of pussy cats. The only interest in this game is that the dogs are paying overs, tip, get on early.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Dogs to win by plenty, all they have to do is hold the ball. The dogs have been playing better footy of late and should be above the tigers on the letter. I’ll be putting plenty of money on the dogs to win me money that the tigers couldn’t win me. Dogs to rip apart a bunch of pussy cats. The only interest in this game is that the dogs are paying overs, tip, get on early.

I'm tipping Dogs. The only plus is if they win there is a chance the Bronco's could get the spoon which would be lovely. Also a chance we could get the spoon and on our recent performances would be deserved.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Injuries aside I think the strongest team we could possibly field in this match is:
Kepaoa
Nofo
BJ
Mbye
Talau
Reynolds
Brooks
Twal
Garner
Luciano
Aloiai
Grant (Liddle)
Clark

Eisenhuth, Mikaele, McIntyre, Douiehi

That unfortunately has been our most consistent side this year. They’ve aimed up in defence. I think Douehi has the versatility to make an excellent bench player can fill in anywhere from 1-6. Or you could run him at 6 and have Reynolds on the bench covering Hooker and halves, should a back get injured you could move AD and put JR in the halves.

Not a bad side. I agree with Reynolds in for Benji. We seem to compete in every game when Reynolds is there. He is not flashy but he keeps you in the game.

AD is still the best fullback we have. Chee Kam on the bench with Kepaoa to drop out altogether. Too shaky under the high ball.

Packer in for Clark as well.

No Benji and no Lawrence. Sad to see those guys go out not playing but we need to get our mix right for 2021. Blokes like Garner need to be playing.

Pezz70

Juniors
Not a bad side. I agree with Reynolds in for Benji. We seem to compete in every game when Reynolds is there. He is not flashy but he keeps you in the game.

AD is still the best fullback we have. Chee Kam on the bench with Kepaoa to drop out altogether. Too shaky under the high ball.

Packer in for Clark as well.

No Benji and no Lawrence. Sad to see those guys go out not playing but we need to get our mix right for 2021. Blokes like Garner need to be playing.

I don’t think Chee Kam can play in the backs anymore, I’d take the other forwards on the bench over him atm. I couldn’t have Packer in the side off last weekends performance. Both Clark and Seyfarth have upside, we should give them as much game time as possible, Season then for next year.

I really like the balance and options Douiehi would provide off the bench.

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joey Leilua
4. Moses Mbye (capt.)
5. Tommy Talau
6. Luke Brooks
7. Benji Marshall (capt.)
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Russell Packer
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Sam McIntyre
17. Chris Lawrence

Pezz70

Juniors
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joey Leilua
4. Moses Mbye (capt.)
5. Tommy Talau
6. Luke Brooks
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Russell Packer
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Sam McIntyre
17. Chris Lawrence

Can’t run both Lawrence and McIntyre, I can’t believe he has left Marshall and Packer in that side. It really leaves us no contingency should we take an injury somewhere in the backline. No doubting Lawrence’s commitment but he is not the player he was 10 years ago. My thoughts are that we will get beaten, probably 13+ with the side that has been picked. Expect our right side to get torn to pieces 3-4 tries, although they are running Foran who is an absolute cripple at the moment, might save us. I’d suggest we set every play in the opposition 20 on Foran. Foran did some ok things with the ball on the weekend but is as slow as a wet week and got caught out a few times in defence, says he only
missed four tackles But I watched the game and he was definitely targeted

Tigerm

First Grade
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joey Leilua
4. Moses Mbye (capt.)
5. Tommy Talau
6. Luke Brooks
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Russell Packer
11. Luciano Leilua
12. Luke Garner
13. Matt Eisenhuth

Interchange:
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Josh Reynolds
16. Sam McIntyre
17. Chris Lawrence
Will be interesting how Liddle goes.
I know a few are against Packer, but I am glad he's there.
I guess Josh will cover the 9 & the 6 if required.
Probably the best we can field, hope its good enough.

super_coach

First Grade
This is probably our last chance of points this year. Can’t say I like the team, but really we do not have a lot in the way of options. After this week we have to pick teams with a view towards the future. No use rolling out Benji and Chris

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm okay with the team. Personally I would have dropped Benji and played Reynolds. I wouldn't have started with Liddle. I reckon that is a pretty tough call on him after all that time off. I prefer Mbye at 9 but if you want to play two 9's play Mbye off the bench.

I understand Madge's position though. The kid that played last week looks good when he is running it but he has to catch everything that goes his way. The safer option is put Mbye back to centre.

We can win this game. The question is do we turn up.

I'm fine with Packer in the team. I reckon in form he is one of our best props.

Das Hassler

Bench
With Benji it's all in the timing. ..if he has a shocker you have to pick him the week after as he will usually respond with a controlled and dominant performance...has a blinder then the following week is always a major concern.

Tiger05

First Grade
With Benji it's all in the timing. ..if he has a shocker you have to pick him the week after as he will usually respond with a controlled and dominant performance...has a blinder then the following week is always a major concern.

I hope you are right but I'm starting to give up on old Benji. I don't have any confidence in any other guys there either.

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji didn’t exactly have an ideal platform...At least this team is familiar with each other ..I havnt given up on Benji, mind u I only saw the first half last week

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Just happy for Liddle....his hardarsed determination should inspire...or perhaps embarass them enough to put in

WA Tiger

Bench
Liddle wants to start, I would too..Hes prob a bit more grown up..Hes got the speed, surely extra weight training during rehab would have been a no brainer

Last edited: