What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors targeting JDB & Aitken

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Browny says De Belin is the player he really wants and is the one that could change the way the warriors think

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I dont think we will re-sign Aitken, so if the Warrors want him then so be it.

As far as JDB, well we all know we have to wait at least 'till the end of this month to see if he can play. Does he 'owe' us some for of loyalty? maybe, but my feeling it will come down to:
* who is coach (with us)
* acceptance by the whole of the playing group
* if he feels being away from the limelight will be more beneficial for him and his family.

Interesting that Brown would target 2 locks, unless he plans to move 1 into the prop rotation. They also have a few locks on their books, wirh Tevega playing there Friday night.

denis preston

First Grade

As far as JDB, well we all know we have to wait at least 'till the end of this month to see if he can play. Does he 'owe' us some for of loyalty? maybe, but my feeling it will come down to:
* who is coach (with us)
* if he feels being away from the limelight will be more beneficial for him and his family.

Interesting that Brown would target 2 locks, unless he plans to move 1 into the prop rotation. They also have a few locks on their books, wirh Tevega playing there Friday night.

Good analysis DS which concludes that one of the rumored players cant be right. Think jack owes us a heap of loyalty and provided no other offer is more than 20% better you would think he should stay with us BUT does he hold Mcidiot in high regard AND does the club acknowledge that the whole saga has been fundamental in our form line the past couple of seasons so best release him ? Normally you would say the Board needs to make a judgement call on this but that scares the s.it out of me. AND on a positive note perhaps the new coach will make this call !

boardlumps62

Juniors
Browny says De Belin is the player he really wants and is the one that could change the way the warriors think
Like how would he make them think brainless or does he have a degree I am not aware of. Jack should show some loyalty if he gets to play again.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think we should move both DeBelin and his mate Aitken on and start with a fresh attitude all round
This could be very beneficial for the club indeed.

Putting the cart before the horse in the case of JDB though. Has everybody forgotten that there are massive charges imposed on JDB that have to be cleared before he can put up his hand and say - who wants me? Do the people showing interest in him think that sometime this month he will able to do this?

I think everyone should just wait and see.

Dragon David

First Grade
At the end of the day we have outlaid nearly 1.2 million to JDB over the last 2 seasons for zero in return. He owes us!! If he leaves after all this support then he’s a maggot. The end!!
Just like McGregor getting his money with "no return". If JDB is able to play say in 2021 I do hope that we keep him as part of our "rebuild" if this is to occur.

As with so many players nowadays, money talks and loyalty is out the window from the tallest building.

JDB in my eyes will be a traitor if he leaves us.

Simon

Juniors
At the end of the day we have outlaid nearly 1.2 million to JDB over the last 2 seasons for zero in return. He owes us!! If he leaves after all this support then he’s a maggot. The end!!

If he gets off the charge I think there are valid reasons why JDB would consider this move. If he stays with us he's still living in or around the Gong, in Auckland he may get a fresh start with not many people knowing him. He would of also outlaid a lot of coin on his defence and is probably entitled to take as much as he can from his final years in the game.
In saying the above he does have a kid now and without knowing his personal circumstances not sure how much living OS would impact here.
I'd suspect the loyalty shown to him by the club gets a seat at the table to negotiate, and I'd be disappointed if he went to a Sydney club for around the same money we offered, but NZ may offer more than what loyalty buys - especially if he values being anonymous walking around his hometown.

Gareth67

First Grade

* who is coach (with us)

Agree about JDB , as you have said Dragonslayer I do believe that he does owe the Dragons some loyalty ( IMO ) however it’s now time to look towards the future and start with a clean slate. Therefore it would be more beneficial to let him go for the sake of the team .

Old wounds will be healed and whomever is in charge next year (?) will have a team that hold no animosity towards what has occurred in the past .

Let the healing process begin - and may the real Dragons breath fire once again .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If he gets off the charge I think there are valid reasons why JDB would consider this move. If he stays with us he's still living in or around the Gong, in Auckland he may get a fresh start with not many people knowing him. He would of also outlaid a lot of coin on his defence and is probably entitled to take as much as he can from his final years in the game.
In saying the above he does have a kid now and without knowing his personal circumstances not sure how much living OS would impact here.
I'd suspect the loyalty shown to him by the club gets a seat at the table to negotiate, and I'd be disappointed if he went to a Sydney club for around the same money we offered, but NZ may offer more than what loyalty buys - especially if he values being anonymous walking around his hometown.
Yeah I agree with this, if he does leave I would say it would be with a heavy heart and hopefully he can make this known so as to not get too many fans offside. If he goes to a Sydney club then it will be very disappointing, but if as you say he goes to escape the fishbowl I can understand. Still hope he stays, mainly because he's basically the best forward still available on the market and he is one that we have a good chance to retain unlike the Fifita's of the world etc.

Reddragon

Bench
It's odd seeing all the posts about JDB being back this week or next month or going to another club. There is just as much chance of him never playing anywhere again. I'm not against the guy. Don't have an agenda, but this has to be factored into any discussion about his future.

Last edited:

Latest posts