What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

soc123_au

Staff member
I was one of what seemed to be about 500 at Parra Stadium when Wests beat Penrith. Top night!
I was there too. I still remember Wesser missing a shot for goal from right in front. Girds being out that game was a disaster. Was Wessers debut iirc. Our season fell apart after that game.

TIGER14

Bench
Who would have thought it would be Manly getting the honours in this thread tonight and not my bunch of losers

TIGER14

Bench
Broncs aren’t going to do it this year.

944893.jpg

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Are there any other stats similar to this?

Like has a team that’s been beaten by the team on the bottom of ladder at the time of losing, gone on to win the comp?

like for example if the dogs go on to win this game, would Canberra be statistically likely to win the comp?

moffla

Bench

Like has a team that’s been beaten by the team on the bottom of ladder at the time of losing, gone on to win the comp?

like for example if the dogs go on to win this game, would Canberra be statistically likely to win the comp?
Storm lost to Titans 38-36 in 2017 then went on to win the comp. Not sure if they were bottom at the time but they were pretty low

Zadar

Juniors

or has a team that has been kept to zero points in a match won a premiership in the same year?

Storm and parra are in trouble if that’s the case.

Perth Red

Post Whore
or has a team that has been kept to zero points in a match won a premiership in the same year?

Storm and parra are in trouble if that’s the case.

In recent times (and interestingly both by the team they then went on to beat in the GF)
Knights 2001 nilled by eels
Bulldogs 2004, nilled by roosters.

Based on this new evidence it will be a Storm v Eels final, with Storm winning :)

(or an Eels v Souths final with Eels winning!)

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors
In recent times (and interestingly both by the team they then went on to beat in the GF)
Knights 2001 nilled by eels
Bulldogs 2004, nilled by roosters.

Based on this new evidence it will be a Storm v Eels final, with Storm winning :)

(or an Eels v Souths final with Eels winning!)

Sydney Roosters also beat the Broncos 28-0 in 2000